Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Nov 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1767953)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The future of F1

"Peace in our time" and some interesting insights into the direction of F1.It's long,but not "War and Peace" long.

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...161106-01.html
Old 19 Nov 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1769921)   #2
Ciro Pabón
Rookie

Colombia
Bogotá, Colombia
Ciro Pabón should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you very much. A really interesting piece. The photo is priceless.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1770899)   #3
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

And now, the unopposed nomination for the best double negative in competition during 2006 . . . . .

"MM: You can’t have stewards that don’t do things you disagree with."

Well Done Max!!!!!!

(Or is it really a triple?)

Old 20 Nov 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1770970)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A triple...
Old 21 Nov 2006, 01:56 (Ref:1771098)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Nice one Max!

Now if he could just base the entire concorde agreement on that one sentence......not to mention the rules and regs!

Last edited by Marbot; 21 Nov 2006 at 02:00.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1771325)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a very complex phrase, so it can cover any rules of the CA...
Old 21 Nov 2006, 15:33 (Ref:1771504)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There's some very contentious stuff in there from Mosley on judicial matters. For example this:

"I personally wouldn’t have given the penalty to Alonso in Monza, but the stewards were constrained by precedent. They felt it would be wrong to be inconsistent, particularly as they have been accused of being inconsistent in the past. On the other side, if I had been the steward in Hungary I would have sent Alonso home for brake testing. And I would not have given Schumacher a penalty because it was a red flag incident so no-one was competing for position and it was not dangerous."

And this in reply to a question about Schumacher at Monaco:

"I would have moved him back 10 places on the grid because technically you couldn’t take away the times from the previous two sessions because they were null and void. It was a choice between moving back ten places or excluding him from the event. I might have been tempted to do this but wouldn’t have done so because it would have been disappointing for the public. Moving him back 10 places was anyway a harsh enough penalty in Monaco."

So he would not have sent Schumacher home from Monaco because it would have been disappointing for the public, but he would have done exactly that to Alonso in Hungary. Would that also not have been disappointing for the public?

I think it's just as well he can't interfere with the decisions made by the Stewards. I detect a distinct pro-Schumacher bias here, which is strange, because before he became a polition, Max was a gifted lawyer. He knows better than anyone that the Stewards deal with facts and the regulations, not what might or might not upset the public.