Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jul 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1953327)   #1
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull - What do they get with their engine deal?

Hi All,

An engine is probably the answer many are thinking. I beat you to it.

Seriously though, do they receive the same computer. If so does this mean they both essentially have the same traction control and 'launch control'.

Do they receive exactly the same engine as well? Up until this year I would have guessed the answer to be no however Honda and Williams have changed my opinion.

Cheers
Old 5 Jul 2007, 04:27 (Ref:1954808)   #2
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not too sure. I dont think they recieve the same hardware and software for the computers, although they do have a Renault engineer to help them.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1955236)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
also not sure, but i can guess that RB is getting alot more support from Renault than they did from Ferrari
Old 5 Jul 2007, 15:55 (Ref:1955303)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone know if Toro Rosso have to use Ferrari engines next year too? Presumably they want both teams to use Renault engines for making comparing data a more reliable indicator of numerous things?

The Toro Rosso/Ferrari connection seems to extend to Ferrari drivers having a drink on the grid from a Red Bull drinks tube.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1955311)   #5
Frankie Francis
Rookie

England
london
Frankie Francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the red bull engine deal consists of renault engines
Old 5 Jul 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1955506)   #6
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
You would have thought they would be using the same control systems primarily to drive the engine, ie the same ecu. Maybe the final maps would be different, but I would be surprised if they used the same base maps and then tweek to their setup.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1955509)   #7
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They get Mark Webber as part of the deal. He's managed by Flav.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 6 Jul 2007, 05:45 (Ref:1955764)   #8
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Anyone know if Toro Rosso have to use Ferrari engines next year too? Presumably they want both teams to use Renault engines for making comparing data a more reliable indicator of numerous things?

The Toro Rosso/Ferrari connection seems to extend to Ferrari drivers having a drink on the grid from a Red Bull drinks tube.
I think they extended the deal to keep Ferrari happy over not realising they signed with Red Bull, and not Red Bull Racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
I dont think so. Hes managed by Flav, yes, but Red Bull were talking with Renault for a while before Webber signed the contract, and for a while it was still possible Williams would take up the option on him or renegotiate.

Last edited by FPV GTHO; 6 Jul 2007 at 05:48.
Old 6 Jul 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1955983)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
Does this mean that they'll be getting Briggs and Stratton engines next year?