Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 25 Mar 2003, 21:37 (Ref:547987)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why do....?

why do...commentators like Brian Jones notice place changes a lap or two after everyone else ?

Why do...meetings at Brands nearly always run late ??:confused:
Old 25 Mar 2003, 21:39 (Ref:547989)   #2
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why do...posters like Snapper Baz send stuff to the wrong place...should be Trackside...oooops!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 08:56 (Ref:548410)   #3
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Why do....?

Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
why do...commentators like Brian Jones notice place changes a lap or two after everyone else ?

I supose it is the same for most of us Motorsport spectators. We see a lot that the commentators don't, and think that we would be able to see it as well. However, I think if we were up in that box, we would miss a lot under pressure! Would still love to give it a go tho!!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:09 (Ref:548426)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, me too!

Its a tough job, particularly over a long race.

How do you fancy doing a lap chart at Le Mans this year.......
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:09 (Ref:548429)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Answer to question 1 - dunno - could be quantum
Answer to question 2 - get them to put in a circuit curfew - you'd be amazed at the difference it makes to the event running time!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 17:54 (Ref:548978)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think it's something like the rule that makes any train you're running late for on time, and any one you're there 10 minutes early ready to catch run late...
Old 27 Mar 2003, 09:53 (Ref:549735)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
i think it's something like the rule that makes any train you're running late for on time, and any one you're there 10 minutes early ready to catch run late...
...and every train you arrive on time for, runs early! (I know, it happened to me!!)
Old 27 Mar 2003, 10:22 (Ref:549753)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course it might just be the "dear old Brian Jones" rule.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 11:28 (Ref:549794)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
EP Brands does have a curfew of 18.30.

Baz, it used to be BARC meetings that always ran late. Nowadays it's BRSCC. You can't win huh
Old 27 Mar 2003, 16:09 (Ref:550103)   #10
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does one of the Castle Combe commentators always talk about motorbike grass-track racing when there's a car race going on right in front of him?

And why do they both come out with the immortal line "I didn't see what happened there......"
Old 27 Mar 2003, 21:21 (Ref:550445)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
I'll see if they come out with any jems this Saturday.