Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 20 Mar 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2850048)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Circuit Schino

Ok this is posted on behalf of a friend:

This was design on a piece of land in Iceland. There's a kart facility (which is north of the track), a hotel (east), and some houses (south west) places on the borders.

The track is around 3.5km long and runs clockwise.

Give him some nice constructive feedback for his first ever track design, which i've then created in Bob's Track Builder for rFactor use

Cheers!

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
schino.jpg  
Old 21 Mar 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2850367)   #2
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im really liking this one, probably because i could see myself designing something similar, in fact come to mention it, those last 3 turns look like the first 3 on my latest track. I also like the fact that there are plenty of passing places and challenging corners, especially T6 and 7. Also like the efficient use of space. Plus since its made in BTB, any chance of an onboard view of the track?
Old 21 Mar 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2850441)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers dude!

He was very happy when I told him he got "feedback.......................... and it was good feedback!"

I can most certainly sort out an on-board for you, sir! I'll probably do it using the new Touring Car Classics i've got!

Selby
Old 23 Mar 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2851998)   #4
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This circuit is very good. The flow is great. The kinks and bends are in the right places and the fast sections are incredible. There are quite a number of beautiful corner shapes are wonderful, too.

The only problem I can see is that the pitlane might need to be revised as the pitlane entry and pitlane exit must not be on the racing line.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 05:21 (Ref:2852268)   #5
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I quite this and its a great first effort. He has thought about the things I think are important and my only change would be to make the turn 6-7-8 complex a little more flowing and higher speed.
It would be fun and a challenge to drive.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2852331)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Wonderful feedback guys, thank you. I will be sure to pass it all along!

6/7/8's getting alot of attention and rightly so - it's a real gem no matter what class you're racing in!

I forgot to mention, this is meant to be a Grade 2 spec circuit. Out of interest, we did try F1 on this track, and it was great fun, just slightly on the tighter side (if you can imagine a late 80's track/early 90's track for F1, it's kind of like that effect!).

Where it really came in to its own was the 1955 F1 cars, and the Classic Touring Cars (or any touring cars for that matter!).

The great thing with the touring cars is it genuinely creates about 5 overtaking spots round the track, as oppose to 2 for the F1 cars

Selby
Old 24 Mar 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2852811)   #7
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it! another iteration of the horseshoe concept which is one of my favs, reminds me of Jennings with a twist for the technical side, very nice Selby!