Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you go for?
10 1 3.03%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 2 6.06%
6 3 9.09%
5 3 9.09%
4 7 21.21%
3 5 15.15%
2 5 15.15%
1 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 May 2024, 12:53 (Ref:4210363)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Monaco Grand Prix 2024

What score do you go for?
Old 26 May 2024, 15:32 (Ref:4210399)   #2
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't quite bring myself to give it a 1, because the discussion between Davidson and Button about the Perez/Magnussen incident was actually quite interesting, two racers giving quite candid reactions. The rest of it was a complete waste of time. Yes, well done to Leclerc, nice to see him achieve that dream, but nice is not the same as fun.

They really do need to do something about Monaco, because aside from the spectacle of the environment, the race itself is devoid of any interest outside of accidents and safety interventions. Not sure whether I agree with the Hamilton suggestion of mandatory pit stops, but either come up with something new or just pack it in.
Old 26 May 2024, 15:33 (Ref:4210400)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7. I enjoyed that. There was a lot of jeopardy with the different tactics.
Old 26 May 2024, 15:36 (Ref:4210403)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3. Looked set to become very interesting but no one really took any chances. Can’t blame them I suppose but far too conservative in terms of strategy.
Old 26 May 2024, 16:18 (Ref:4210412)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it a three. Outside of the drama on lap one, I would have given it a one or maybe a two.

Richard
Old 26 May 2024, 16:41 (Ref:4210415)   #6
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I gave it a three. Outside of the drama on lap one, I would have given it a one or maybe a two.

Richard
The lap one drama is what ruined the race because they could drive round without pitting. Normally I really enjoy the strategy of Monaco but today there was none. It would have been nice if McLaren had tried something when they had the chance but alas no.

The lap chart will show a flat line for the entire top ten for the entire Grand Prix.

But it is a great result for the championship.
Old 26 May 2024, 17:50 (Ref:4210437)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame the red flag ruined the mandatory tyre stops. 4 because it was Monaco, otherwise 3.
Old 26 May 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4210449)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sorry but that was not a race, 1 from me
Old 26 May 2024, 19:35 (Ref:4210455)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1 from me too. Yes it was nice to see Leclerc win his home race at last, but anything more than a 1 for something that very clearly wasn't motor racing is completely unjustifiable.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:31 (Ref:4210469)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
3, and that include a bonus point for McLaren livery.

They need to do something different with the race format around here.

Pretty but Dull.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:37 (Ref:4210471)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was a nice livery indeed! Hopefully we get to see it again…maybe Brazil!
Old 27 May 2024, 07:32 (Ref:4210653)   #12
pavloslepaul
Rookie

Poland
pavloslepaul should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Though to properly rate this GP. Even for Monaco standards it was low, maybe it would in more time give it more reason to revise my view on race. Definitely feeders showed that circuit still have potential for fun racing, so maybe one day regs change would help Monaco.
Old 27 May 2024, 09:02 (Ref:4210670)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found it difficult to decide on a rating but gave it a 4. Qualifying was very exciting and lifted my score a bit. If you are a fan of banger racing, the first lap was quite good but really the race itself was an utter snorefest. You have to look all the way down to 11th to find a driver who didn't finish in his grid position.

Last edited by TrapezeArtist; 27 May 2024 at 09:13. Reason: More to say.
Old 27 May 2024, 12:10 (Ref:4210694)   #14
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I found it difficult to decide on a rating but gave it a 4. Qualifying was very exciting and lifted my score a bit. If you are a fan of banger racing, the first lap was quite good but really the race itself was an utter snorefest. You have to look all the way down to 11th to find a driver who didn't finish in his grid position.
Pretty much my view too. I gave it a 5. Pleased for Leclerc. Sainz rode his luck.
I saw the Checo/Kmag shunt as 50/50.
A shame the race was mostly a borefest particularly with Max so far back it could have been more exciting.

Generally the cars are too big now, particularly for Monaco.
Old 27 May 2024, 13:31 (Ref:4210704)   #15
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 2 from me as qualifying was entertaining.
The lap one shunt? Mmmmmmm ...... Checo definitely knew Kmag was there and could have given a bit of room ...... Maybe he is learning from Max!
Old 27 May 2024, 13:41 (Ref:4210705)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
I’m afraid to look and see who gave it a 10!

A joke vote, on the basis of it strictly being a different winner, something truely special that the rest of us are missing? Actually curious.
Old 27 May 2024, 14:54 (Ref:4210713)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Should not have posted that actually. Subjective topic and no need for anyone to justify their vote if they don’t want nor should they be called out for it. Apologies and delete if required.
Old 27 May 2024, 15:19 (Ref:4210717)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I’m afraid to look and see who gave it a 10!

A joke vote, on the basis of it strictly being a different winner, something truely special that the rest of us are missing? Actually curious.
I doubt that it was based on there being a different winner.....
Old Yesterday, 20:17 (Ref:4210829)   #19
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
1 from me too. Yes it was nice to see Leclerc win his home race at last, but anything more than a 1 for something that very clearly wasn't motor racing is completely unjustifiable.
Of course it was motor racing. There were a number of racing incidents, and a mistake like running off and cutting the chicane would have let the car behind past. There even were overtakes by the likes of Stroll.

The idea of going slowly enough to prevent a pitstop window, or Alonso driving slowly enough to create a pitstop window for Stroll, is precisely a motor racing tactic too.

Leclerc himself was exasperated that he could not go slower as instructed as he would then "need to push in the low speed" (to protect from being overtaken by Piastri) which in his mind increased risk compared to the pace he was comfortable to slow down to, without the gap getting too small and risky in the slow sections of the track and traction zones.

So Leclerc was comfortable to drive +3s or +4s off the pace, but Ferrari's instruction to match Russell's pace and slow to +5s or +6s was too much in Leclerc's opinion and would have put him at risk from Piastri in his opinion. Very much a case of fascinating motor racing tactics!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; Yesterday at 20:24.
Old Yesterday, 20:46 (Ref:4210833)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Of course it was motor racing. There were a number of racing incidents, and a mistake like running off and cutting the chicane would have let the car behind past. There even were overtakes by the likes of Stroll.

The idea of going slowly enough to prevent a pitstop window, or Alonso driving slowly enough to create a pitstop window for Stroll, is precisely a motor racing tactic too.

Leclerc himself was exasperated that he could not go slower as instructed as he would then "need to push in the low speed" (to protect from being overtaken by Piastri) which in his mind increased risk compared to the pace he was comfortable to slow down to, without the gap getting too small and risky in the slow sections of the track and traction zones.

So Leclerc was comfortable to drive +3s or +4s off the pace, but Ferrari's instruction to match Russell's pace and slow to +5s or +6s was too much in Leclerc's opinion and would have put him at risk from Piastri in his opinion. Very much a case of fascinating motor racing tactics!
Nope. It may have been 'motor' something, but even the most generous of observers couldn't describe that as 'racing'. I'm glad though that you found it fascinating. I suspect that you may well have been in a fairly small minority holding that view....
Old Yesterday, 22:25 (Ref:4210839)   #21
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if Michael Masi would have told Toto that "this is a motor race Toto, we went car racing" this week
Old Today, 06:30 (Ref:4210857)   #22
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I don't very often vote in these polls, but decided to make an exception this week, and I gave in an (average) 5. To me the Grand Prix isn't just the race on Sunday, it's the whole weekend which includes qualifying. I thought qualifying was fantastic, edge of the seat stuff whereas the race itself wasn't. (Having said that I still enjoyed the tactical side of things on Sunday too. I'm now thinking that my 5 was maybe a bit harsh and that maybe a 7 would have been more realistic...)
Old Today, 07:09 (Ref:4210860)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gave it a disappointing 3. All the usual thrills and spills of Monaco happened on the first lap. After that all the overtaking happened down the field. Still it was interesting to have drivers have free will of whether to pit or not
Old Today, 14:33 (Ref:4210911)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm now thinking that my 5 was maybe a bit harsh and that maybe a 7 would have been more realistic...)
Old Today, 15:29 (Ref:4210915)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Forgot to mention the other good thing about this race. Leclerc finally ending his home GP jinx