Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Aug 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1696848)   #1
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS Fan demographics

Source: http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=2455

High points for 2006
*That study revealed that nearly half (48.3 percent) of American Le Mans Series fans earned more than $90,000 annually compared to only 20.4 percent nationally. In separate studies from national US phone surveys, Nielsen Media Research concluded that fans of the major sports leagues and other motorsports series who earned more than $90,000 ranged from 23.7 percent to 34 percent.

*In addition, 20 percent of American Le Mans Series fans earned more than $150,000 and 10 percent earned more than $200,000. Furthering the affluence of the American Le Mans Series fans, the Nielsen Media Research study results documented that 13 percent had a net worth greater than $1 million and nearly a quarter (22.3 percent) had a net worth greater than $500,000.

*American Le Mans Series fans love their cars and do not hesitate to purchase them or pay a higher tab for them, either. More than 40 percent of Series fans purchased new vehicles in the past year, and 39 percent own three cars or more while 27 percent spend more than $30,000 on a new car purchase.

*In the important area of age-based demographics, Nielsen Media Research data reflects that 51 percent of American Le Mans Series fans fall within the highly desirable and influential 25-49 year age bracket; however, the Series also fared very favorably with younger fans, garnering 30 percent of its fans from the highly sought after 18-34 age group. In separate studies from US national phone surveys, Nielsen Media Research indicated that the major sports leagues and other motorsports series reaching this 18-34 year age bracket ranged from 9.1 percent to 34.2 percent.

If a company is looking for a sports marketing platform that reaches influential buyers and decision-makers, this data confirms the American Le Mans Series is a very effective and efficient way to reach an exceptional audience," said Series President and CEO Scott Atherton. "In addition, while the Series continues to deliver a target audience of 40-year-old affluent adult males, we are very encouraged that so many young fans have emerged, providing credence to the American Le Mans Series as one of the fastest growing race series in the world. With our mix of top-level independent teams and a dozen manufacturers competing head-to-head in our Series – unlike any other form of motorsports on the worldwide stage – this validation of our demographic information is very important to all our stakeholders."

and the two big points:

Last year,( 2006) nearly half of American Le Mans Series fans earned more than $90,000 annually compared to only 20.4 percent nationally.

The American Le Mans Series attracts a higher percentage of the 18-34 and 25-49 age demographics than many other major sports leagues.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1696881)   #2
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So we are all young & filthy rich then? cool!
Old 29 Aug 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1697078)   #3
Rich D
Racer

Canada
Acton, Ontario
Rich D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, where's my cheque?
Old 29 Aug 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1697096)   #4
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wooooo cool we are all young playboys with lots of money thank you ALMS lol
Old 29 Aug 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1697134)   #5
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sponsors want to see marketing demographics so they know their advertsing monies are well spent.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1697666)   #6
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I don't know if I should laugh or cry, maybe in the future IMSA will give out Pixie dust at the races.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1697710)   #7
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
I don't know if I should laugh or cry, maybe in the future IMSA will give out Pixie dust at the races.
I asked several ppl what the IMSA contigancy monies were for non-factory teams. Never got an answer.

It was hard enough to find the SpeedWorld GT and TC contigancy & prize money list. But I did find it. If that is what you call it.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1697715)   #8
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I asked several ppl what the IMSA contigancy monies were for non-factory teams. Never got an answer.

It was hard enough to find the SpeedWorld GT and TC contigancy & prize money list. But I did find it. If that is what you call it.
Pixie dust is an imaginary item from childrens fairy tales, similar to this demographic release BUT your analogy to prize money fits, VERY WELL.
Bob
Old 30 Aug 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1697967)   #9
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, Bob, are you saying that Nielsen is fraudulent or incompetent?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1698046)   #10
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
So, Bob, are you saying that Nielsen is fraudulent or incompetent?
Pointless, the band kept playing as the Titanic sunk so....

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 30 Aug 2006 at 21:21.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1698051)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let us return to the subject in hand.

These are important stats for the series to sell itself. And I would say the sort of people Audi are looking for!

Do you think that the Sportscar fan has changed much over the years? I don't think it has changed that much.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1698090)   #12
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Let us return to the subject in hand.

These are important stats for the series to sell itself. And I would say the sort of people Audi are looking for!

Do you think that the Sportscar fan has changed much over the years? I don't think it has changed that much.
Can of worms Adam.
What is a sports car fan?

As I said before, the boys I ran with could interchange between sports cars, drag racing, short tracks etc., without batting an eye, and this meant driving hundreds of miles.

Have the fans changed, I would say probably not, but racing politics have.
Bob
Old 31 Aug 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1698515)   #13
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
What is a sports car fan?

As I said before, the boys I ran with could interchange between sports cars, drag racing, short tracks etc., without batting an eye, and this meant driving hundreds of miles.
I am a sports car fan. And you definately wont see me at drag racing or short track events.

I let all the people who make under $40,000 go to those.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1698603)   #14
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did these fans watch before the ALMS came along?
Old 31 Aug 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1698613)   #15
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would say one thing, sportscar fans put the machinery above the drivers and racing.

Car fan first, racing fan second.

Maybe this is why sportscars always go for big £$ at auction, unlike most single seaters etc.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1698629)   #16
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I kind of agree. When I'm watching sportscars then most of time it's just good to see and hear them driving on the track. Halfway through LM24 there are few cars that are still on the same lap but I still want to watch the thing...because it's looks good
Old 31 Aug 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1698684)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I wonder how many sportscar racing fans own road going sportscars too - I for one do.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1698697)   #18
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erki
I kind of agree. When I'm watching sportscars then most of time it's just good to see and hear them driving on the track. Halfway through LM24 there are few cars that are still on the same lap but I still want to watch the thing...because it's looks good

I agree

With promoters via for the all powerfull advertsing dollar, pound,and euro of the shinking advertsing budgets of companies, they want to make sure they are hitting the target audiance.