Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jun 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2236481)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Le Mans Classic 2008

Just had my camping ticket for the classic confirmed and was wondering how many of you out there will be attending.

Will be in Maison Blanche on friday sometime hopefully in a green Stag.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2236492)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly not for me - the moment they moved it from it's 2002 September slot to July, it became an automatic no-hoper. No chance at all of me getting to Le Mans twice in such a short period of time.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2236504)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Sadly not for me - the moment they moved it from it's 2002 September slot to July, it became an automatic no-hoper. No chance at all of me getting to Le Mans twice in such a short period of time.
But it's not every year!
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2236621)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Makes no difference - it's still always going to be a month after Le Mans.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2236636)   #5
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'm going!
Part of the 10/10ths Historic Team(s).

See John Ruston's thread in the Historics forum.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2236680)   #6
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
I'm going!

b**tard.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2236724)   #7
Nick B
Rookie

Nick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going and will be in Maison Blanche. Look out for a red E type. Come and say hello if anyone is there
Old 25 Jun 2008, 06:49 (Ref:2236987)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that the Monday after the Classic is Bastille day.

I have the feeling this may affect the RN more than the autoroutes but petrol stations and bars/cafes you normally use could well be closed for the day to hang out a flag and chop the local mayors head off.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 07:18 (Ref:2237006)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Having missed the 'real thing' this year Rupert, I particularly hope you have a good time at the Classic and we'll see you back at the tree in 2009...
Old 25 Jun 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2237155)   #10
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Don't forget that the Monday after the Classic is Bastille day.

I have the feeling this may affect the RN more than the autoroutes but petrol stations and bars/cafes you normally use could well be closed for the day to hang out a flag and chop the local mayors head off.
Does this also mean that the roads will be quieter???
Old 25 Jun 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2237311)   #11
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
Does this also mean that the roads will be quieter???
I think it will, the trip thru Rouen should be better, more like a sunday I think.

Quote:
Having missed the 'real thing' this year Rupert, I particularly hope you have a good time at the Classic and we'll see you back at the tree in 2009...
Looking forward to it, the plans for 09 are yet to be confirmed but I have no doubt I will return for the 'proper' race
Old 25 Jun 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2237487)   #12
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going for the first time. Does anyone have any advice to give on what's different from the LM24? Not the racing, but facilities etc. Can you still get in to Mulsanne and Arnage for example? Food at the circuit? Any advice is appreciated!
Old 25 Jun 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2237520)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I didn't go to Mulsanne or Arnage when I went to the first Classic in 02, so I can't tell you, I'm afraid. Loads of food though
Old 25 Jun 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2237640)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hop over to the historics, and ask?
Old 26 Jun 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2237766)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, don't forget there's a well-established thread there on the Classic too.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 07:25 (Ref:2237771)   #16
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I didn't go to Mulsanne or Arnage when I went to the first Classic in 02, so I can't tell you, I'm afraid. Loads of food though
Food outlets seemed to be in short supply 2 years ago, it seemed like they had expected less people than actually turned up, so the queues were quite long and slow!

I went out to arnage during the night, so that's open.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2238167)   #17
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, I'll take a look at historics.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2238314)   #18
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
I'm going!

I'm driving for one of the 10/10ths teams. Regular at the LM24 but never been to the classic before so don't ask me what's available!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 15:07 (Ref:2240524)   #19
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there and happen to know that vandijk and henk4 will be attending as well
Old 1 Jul 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2241164)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Camping, race and grandstanding tickets arrived yesterday, still trying to get paddock tickets, just need to get the car sorted and away we go next friday morning.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2241230)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
I'll be there and happen to know that vandijk and henk4 will be attending as well
Good God man ..... the poor people of Le Mans , having to put up with you "TWICE" in one year ..... ever heard of giving someone a break mate !!! lol
Old 2 Jul 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2242291)   #22
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
I think it will, the trip thru Rouen should be better, more like a sunday I think.

Looking forward to it, the plans for 09 are yet to be confirmed but I have no doubt I will return for the 'proper' race
Rouen quiet NFH see

http://www.armada.org/Presentation-en

if memory serves me correct 2 million visitors last time!
Old 3 Jul 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2242971)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now where did I put that map..........

I suppose when you're clearly determined to wipe out all trace of the fact that your city was once the venue for a truly wonderful track you have to find something to replace it with.........
Old 5 Jul 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2244417)   #24
Richard Houlgate
Rookie

Richard Houlgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't go unfortunately, so two tickets are available on Ebay at the link below
Includes ferry, B&B, admission, grandstands, paddock, parking.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Le-Mans-Clas...d=p3286.c0.m14.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2247220)   #25
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I'm off to meet the convoy from Pace by 8AM tomorrow.

Wheeee.....!!!

FOUR 917s, 3 512s...

Plus LOTS of other yummy stuff.

Camera batteries full, car charger packed, 10 gig of memory, now where is the laptop bag?