Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Nov 2003, 02:45 (Ref:796601)   #1
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO BBQs at the CREEK

Don't forget guys no BBQs at the good ol' Creek. Don't want you's turning up like we did last year, where we were told we couldn't use our BBQs. BYO sangas and Chook. Queues and food at the Creek are a joke.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 02:50 (Ref:796604)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No worse than the 35 minutes it took earlier today to buy a ticket and get thru the gate... then queue again to get through the pit area line...
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 28 Nov 2003, 02:53 (Ref:796607)   #3
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney

Hi GTR. Why do they always make it so unbearable at that joint till you sit down. ERRRRRR they are so annoying. Remember the queues at the Creek last yr? TC threatened to take the event away. Maybe they'll do that again on purpose as this event is not run by the ARDC.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 03:01 (Ref:796612)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its sad... and likely will not get any better any time soon....
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 28 Nov 2003, 05:33 (Ref:796683)   #5
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe you should pack the picnic hamper. Cold chicken and chilled chardonnay.

Woops, this is not Warwick Farm '67.

Nevermind
Old 28 Nov 2003, 05:49 (Ref:796688)   #6
HRT #1
Racer

HRT #1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AHH That's the beauty of staying home and watching it on tele you can eat what you want, when you want and there is noone to bug the shyte out of you (except for the missus and kids)
Old 28 Nov 2003, 06:37 (Ref:796708)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by prn 31
Maybe you should pack the picnic hamper. Cold chicken and chilled chardonnay.
TOCA died some years ago

Its always dangerous eating at racetracks. I usually try for something plain like hot chips or something, but lately have discovered that these too can be misprepared to become something inedible

Maybe I should stick to ice creams?
Old 28 Nov 2003, 07:04 (Ref:796732)   #8
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh let your hair down and enjoy the complete experience,even if it does involve a stomach pump latter,you don't see people setting up BBQ's at the footy,AFL or the tennis,get in there and savoir the culenry delights that are on offer,what are wee a bunch of big fairies ,but don't for get the "How do you do it for the price?) line as you depart the counter somewhat poorer for the pleasure

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 28 Nov 2003, 07:08 (Ref:796736)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
$3 for a warm bottle of water bothered me earlier today, the pluto pups and other feasts looked as if they may have been left over from the 24hr....

Team hospitality is better than that.... at least they usually have a container of lollies to borrow...
Old 28 Nov 2003, 07:10 (Ref:796741)   #10
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
No worse than the 35 minutes it took earlier today to buy a ticket and get thru the gate... then queue again to get through the pit area line...
We were there really early so we missed all that, but we saw it coming back, talk about bloody ridiculous! I felt like helping the poor woman out myself since there obviously wasn't anyone else to do it. And this wrist band is already annoying me... still it was worth it
Old 28 Nov 2003, 07:10 (Ref:796743)   #11
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slip down to BJR thay usually put on a nice spread around lunchtime. and grab a coldie out of the AVESCO fridge while you are at it to was it down.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 07:13 (Ref:796748)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why do you have a wrist band? I have the 3 day ticket with the hologram and had no need for some band....

The pallets of grog being forklifted to the upper level of Eastern Creek suggested someone was having a nice little booze up later on in proceedings.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 07:29 (Ref:796767)   #13
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Well, everyone I know going has one, and we have to wear it for all three days!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 10:57 (Ref:796929)   #14
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Why do you have a wrist band? I have the 3 day ticket with the hologram and had no need for some band....

The pallets of grog being forklifted to the upper level of Eastern Creek suggested someone was having a nice little booze up later on in proceedings.
Yea saw that -lots of grog on that pallet.

There was a massive line waiting to pay and get a wristband into the pits-one woman only handling money, change AND had to put on each security wristband. The ice cones they wanted $4 each and $10 for some tall bottle of cordial at the snow cone stand- I gave both a miss despite the arvo heat!!!

Last edited by Grimace; 28 Nov 2003 at 11:00.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 12:19 (Ref:797000)   #15
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Yeah, so much for the "affordable food and drinks" pledge
Old 28 Nov 2003, 20:36 (Ref:797473)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Kids under 12 get a free ice cream today and tomorrow dont they??
Old 29 Nov 2003, 09:53 (Ref:798057)   #17
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Oh yeah, that's helpful
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:49 (Ref:814670)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Re: NO BBQs at the CREEK

Quote:
Originally posted by bathurst
Don't forget guys no BBQs at the good ol' Creek. Don't want you's turning up like we did last year, where we were told we couldn't use our BBQs. BYO sangas and Chook. Queues and food at the Creek are a joke.
Well they at least had signs up this time....
Attached Thumbnails
cooking.jpg  
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:05 (Ref:814684)   #19
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Complaints????

Seeing that a huge list of complaints hasnt shot this thread up to the top of the list makes me think that it wasnt too bad at the creek, weather is a little hard to control, even by TC

I must say that I was very surprised that so many fans stayed through the rain to see Ambrose take his first title, and well done to them, however, this adds something to my comment about it not being that bad. If everyone had the sh!ts they would have left as soon as it got a little cloudy.

What do those of you that payed to get in think could be done to improve the event?
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:05 (Ref:814685)   #20
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
They had the same sign up last yr. But thats no good when it wasnt up on the Saturday so you get there sunday with raw meat to cook and they say NO BBQS. Errrr.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:07 (Ref:814688)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Cook in the carpark... Not quite as good but better than eating the meat blue
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:11 (Ref:814696)   #22
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
Re: Complaints????

Quote:
Originally posted by rdmdog
Seeing that a huge list of complaints hasnt shot this thread up to the top of the list makes me think that it wasnt too bad at the creek,

What do those of you that payed to get in think could be done to improve the event?
They could get their ticketing right for starters. Went to buy a 3 day gen admin pass without pits. Saw it advertised in 3 places. At the gate they said oh no we dont have that. We ended up getting our pit entry money back the next day, but thats not the point. How many people got ripped off??? It was advertised in the media so it shouldve been for sale.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 04:38 (Ref:814808)   #23
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No open flame ey?

Anyone for a dutch oven??
Old 18 Dec 2003, 05:22 (Ref:814820)   #24
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez, thats a blatant attempt of fleecing the V8 Supersheep! What next, no shirts/jumpers/jackets and hats allowed!?

Crash Test, dutch oven, I find works best with egg products as it gives everything else a bad taste.

Ozfords
Old 18 Dec 2003, 14:48 (Ref:815216)   #25
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
No open flame ey?

Anyone for a dutch oven??
Yep, big hole in the ground and a big bag of heat beads. And if your camping just cover the beads at night and sleep on top of them!