Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 15 Jun 2006, 23:38 (Ref:1635557)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Dominguez in at Coyne.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/D...ver.asp?ID=301

The shock of it.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 23:52 (Ref:1635563)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it wasn't AS obvious as the AJ to Forsythe move.

Surely it's more dangerous for Tracy as he's more likely to have to try and pass Dominguez more often now whilst he's in another team!
Old 16 Jun 2006, 05:33 (Ref:1635608)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
LOL , thats mean Hazza

I havent read the article but is Mario taking any cash to Coyne at all ?

Good to see him still there though , he can show some glimpses of some real talent occasionally
Old 16 Jun 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1635658)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see Mario remaining in the series, after all the reshuffling of the last week. He's made some costly mistakes already this season, so his reputation is a little ragged,e ven though he's well up the championship. Maybe another top 10 championship finish beckons for Coyne.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1635902)   #5
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's like being sent back to minors, sort of......
Old 16 Jun 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1635948)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I actually didn't expect Dominguez to end up at Coyne. I figured that he would sit out. Realistically I don't believe that he has any other good options.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1635957)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought he would be out of the series altogether too. Hmmm....

This could revitalise him in a funny way....a kick up the backside.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1636342)   #8
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
15th in Provisional Qualityfing and not all that much better in P1 or P2.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1636344)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I was saying.....err....
Old 17 Jun 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1636358)   #10
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess its bak to reality for MD, he had his chance at Forthsye but he blew it I heard that it wasnt even that he kept crashing but more that his setups were completely different than PT and he demamded that his car be set up his own way which really bothered the team since its so PT centered.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1636433)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm neither for or against the guy, but he never really set the world on fire in champcar. Yes, he has done well at times, but hasn't strung together consistant results. I don't think the Coyne ride is a death knell to his career, as so many others have passed though there and have kept their career alive.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 03:42 (Ref:1636535)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
he ended up 14th in qualifying , which isnt that bad really , its probably on about par for course in that car , so it was a fair effort by him.

I hope he can take it all the way to the finish though
Old 18 Jun 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1636686)   #13
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Dominguez was quiet consistant and strong through the 2004 season.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1636744)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mario made some pretty boneheaded mistakes this year (worst IMO outbraking himself at Houston), but throughout his pace was as good if not better than PT's. Overall however the team was lacking in comparison to Newman-Haas and Rusport. The idea of the team working towards a common setup does make some sense and in that regard the team was losing out.
In autoracing the drivers get to stand on the podiums but it is really above all a TEAM sport.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 22 Jun 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1638970)   #15
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to him joining Midland F1 or has that ship sailed?
Old 22 Jun 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1639026)   #16
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
I actually didn't expect Dominguez to end up at Coyne. I figured that he would sit out. Realistically I don't believe that he has any other good options.
Interesting tidbit. He has signed on to drive a Ferrari 430 GTC in the ALMS Lime Rock race.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1639292)   #17
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
What happened to him joining Midland F1 or has that ship sailed?
That all depended on Mexico getting an F1 race with the hope of raising sponsorship dollars to pay for the ride. That ship sailed long ago.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1639432)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
430 GTC, very nice vehicle.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1639442)   #19
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wouldn't surprise me if Dominguez didn't last the season at Coyne. He seems to be looking for a top drive which really isn't Coyne. The only question is where he would go? I can't see anywhere being really keen on him after his CCWS performance........

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 24 Jun 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1640349)   #20
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Dominguez is going to have to improve his performance relative to Heyland if he plans on impressing anyone enough for a better seat.