Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 18 Jan 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1503759)   #1
mxrsa
Rookie

mxrsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Transponders

We own a motor racing circuit in South Africa (Wesbank Raceway) and sadly purchased a Chronit timing system thru an agent in SA three years ago, it is a complete system ie decoder and 200 orange transponders, our landed cost was something like 40,000 euro plus the costs in setting up, problem solving and installing the system.
We have sorted out all the problems and the system has been running very well.
Chronit no longer being in business we sit with all this equipment without any back-up, repair or replacement facility, therefore we might consider buying chronit transponders from Europe, perhaps there is someone who is prepared to locate all the competitors who own an orange chronit transponder part number BAT - 290.
We really need an additional 200 because most of our big events get over 200 entrants.
We would not be interested in buying one or two for obvious reasons, so if there is anyone out there interested in helping us it would be appreciated.
Just as a matter of interest from a track owners view point we in South Africa organise events thru our governing body which is affilliated to FIA/FIM and we are forced to supply a transponder timing system at all our regional and national events.
We Wesbank Raceway decided when we built the track 3 years ago that we would buy our own system because there is only one company in SA that supplies this facility and the hire cost is very high, because of this forced cost to the organiser we had to increase the competitor entry fee but because we purchased our own system we kept the increase on entry fees to a minimum.
The saving to the organiser by having a timing system is nil because the rules state that you have to have lap scorers in case the system fails.
The advantage of having a timing system is that it saves time trying to do results, grid positions etc manually, the system we have is of great interest to the drivers, sponsors and teams, we have no complaints from drivers unless the transponder decides to not work then they are most up-set not because they paid for the hire but because they do not have lap times etc.
We find having transponders and lap scorers saves many disputes on final results of the day, the least human error as possible.
I'm new to this forum and I know its a little late but I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you all a safe & successful 2006 season.
Yours in sport
Peter Murray
Old 18 Jan 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1503996)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Have you spoke with MST as they are doing a part ex scheme on the Chronit as I understand it and I can't imagine they really want them back. And welcome to the forum.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1504012)   #3
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Have you spoke with MST as they are doing a part ex scheme on the Chronit as I understand it and I can't imagine they really want them back. And welcome to the forum.
Al,

Where did you find the scheme for part-ex. Can't find it on their (MST) website..

Rob.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1504039)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey Rob I thought I read it in The Flyer on the CTRCC site and could not find it you had me worried for a minute . No it is here in their Hot News section http://www.classictouringcars.com/pa...issue%2082.pdf Maybe I read it wrong on reflection and they don't want the old unit but the deal is 'only' £135 plus £6 postage instead of the £200 I was quoted!
Old 18 Jan 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1504111)   #5
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Blimey Rob I thought I read it in The Flyer on the CTRCC site and could not find it you had me worried for a minute . No it is here in their Hot News section http://www.classictouringcars.com/pa...issue%2082.pdf Maybe I read it wrong on reflection and they don't want the old unit but the deal is 'only' £135 plus £6 postage instead of the £200 I was quoted!
Muchos Gracias.

I will quiz MST tomorrow morning.

Are we therefore going to have a collection of orange things for mxrsa.

I'm quite happy to send it, if they pay the shipping.

Rob.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1504850)   #6
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Hi guys, I've shifted this from the Technology Forum to the Racers Forum cos there are many Racers who have Chronit transponders and have been posting about what to do with them.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1508144)   #7
Paul-J
Rookie

Paul-J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MST transponders at this price?

Hi
Has anyone managed to get a transponder at the price the .pdf above from Al quotes? Contacted MST - no reply to date and the order form on their site quotes £203.28 + £7.05 p+p. I've got a perfectly good Chronit one on the car but........... well, you all know the rest.
£135 sounds better to me - has anyone managed to get one at this price??
Cheers
Paul
Old 2 Feb 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1514314)   #8
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the form that I was emailed from MST. It is £135 but you need to send the orange one back at the same time