Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Nov 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3163918)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans F1 race .

Monster boost for the town !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14379.html

Well , at least they will run on the short circuit , so Tilke wont get his dirty little hands on the vast majority of it thank God .
Old 8 Nov 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3163928)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Google translate is perhaps failing me, but it seems as though they want to run the F1 race at Magny Cours the same weekend as Le Mans...?
Old 8 Nov 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3163929)   #3
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Well , at least they will run on the short circuit , so Tilke wont get his dirty little hands on the vast majority of it thank God .
It says they will run on different tracks (Mangy cours for F1) The very nice Mr Ecclestone wants to eclipse Le Mans track asistance, I would change LM 24h data again, it can happen to anyone but two events at France at the same day is very bad news, how many years we will have to wait...

Last edited by Bentley03; 8 Nov 2012 at 09:03. Reason: Dodging auto-censor....don't do it!!!!
Old 8 Nov 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3163933)   #4
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I understand it. The translation isn't the greatest, but seems Eccelstone is trying to put the French GP on the same weekend as LM 24. So the writer poses a question, why? Is he afraid of the WEC/LeMans success?

Last edited by TF110; 8 Nov 2012 at 00:53.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3163935)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or because that's where the hole in the calendar is...
Old 8 Nov 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3163943)   #6
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Or because that's where the hole in the calendar is...
Bingo. The French GP would be a replacement for the cancelled New Jersey event, and the date that works for F1 is the same weekend that Le Mans is currently scheduled for.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3163994)   #7
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, I thought F1 will come over to Le Mans to race in 24 Hours...

But seriously, staging a French Grand Prix at the same weekend as "The Big One"? Is Mr. Bernie making a fool of himself?
Old 8 Nov 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3164008)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully it's just Bernie being mischievous again but that would be horrendous news if that happened. To be honest I doubt he even knows when the date of Le Mans is.

Maybe there are benefits having all those F1 people in France a week before or after the race - but I hope it falls through.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3164040)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
So Le Mans got pushed back to the 22-23 June slot because of the New Jersey GP which was supposed to take place on the 16th, so no clash would take place?

Now the New Jersey is cancelled (which everyone knew would happen) and he is planning a Grand Prix in the same country, on the same date????

Surely this doesn't count as a 'Clash'?

Bernie is loosing it. Fast.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3164043)   #10
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

This is not what the article is about. It's about Bernie hinting of a GP at Magny Cours at the same weekend as the LM 24 hours. Not a GP at Le Mans.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3164048)   #11
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
He thinks he can steal some of LeMans' thunder. That's exactly what it is. Greedy little hobbit!
Old 8 Nov 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3164161)   #12
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
given the choice to volunteer, I'd pick Le Mans over F1!

as much as I like F1, the 24hr of Le Mans trumps it hands down, no questions asked!
Old 9 Nov 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3164529)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Bernie could teach Nicolo Machiavelli a trick or 3...
Strikes me he's trying to beat up ACO again. He won when he got Group C changed to 'F1' engines' and now he's trying to put the boot into the rae itself? Hmmm. I wonder how silly he'd look, if LM24 got it's 250K spectators, and no one went to Mangy Currs at all...?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3164530)   #14
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I wonder how silly he'd look, if LM24 got it's 250K spectators, and no one went to Mangy Currs at all...?
Frankly, if Bernie actually pulls off the deal, that's exactly what I'd expect to happen. Very few people will be going to Magny-Cours, as it's in the middle of nowhere anyway, and the Le Mans crowd will be unaffected (particularly as the ticket prices are lower than F1 for far more track action anyway).
Old 9 Nov 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3164534)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Again it's more of a limelight thing and press coverage rather than fans at the track. I don't think he really cares too much about attendance at Magny Cours.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3164545)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I understand it. The translation isn't the greatest, but seems Eccelstone is trying to put the French GP on the same weekend as LM 24. So the writer poses a question, why? Is he afraid of the WEC/LeMans success?
Ecclestone doesnt head the Fia , Todt does , and for that reason I cant see it happening .

Ecclestone is a ******** for even suggesting that !!! Pity they didnt kick that Hobolot watch up his arse and he may then have a sense of timing .
Old 9 Nov 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3164550)   #17
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having 2 major motor sports events in the same country at the same time would put a lot of strain on the available number of marshals and other crucial services.

It would also dilute the press coverage in France and like it or not I am sure plenty of people would forgo the 24HRS for a gp.

Bernie is flying a kite, but I would not underestimate the little ****.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3164627)   #18
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Why does he hate sports car racing so much? I mean seriously, is he that afraid of the WEC even in its current early state?

I guess deep down he knows that his "product" consists of at least 80% hype and he's afraid that others might notice as well.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3164628)   #19
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Why does he hate sports car racing so much?
Because he hasn't yet worked out a way to make any real money from it?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3164645)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He should stick to ruining and making money from F1. Doing that to Sportscar is the ACO's job.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3164761)   #21
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the result of the FiA losing control of F1, thanks to Max. They no longer have control of the F1 calendar....Bernie calls the shots. In an ideal world, none of the FiA World Championships would clash......

We all know which race will pull in the biggest, most knowledgeable crowds - however, we also know which race will get the most media coverage, and 'average Joe' interest.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3164768)   #22
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
In an ideal world, none of the FiA World Championships would clash......
20 F1 races
8 WEC races
13 WRC rounds
12 WTCC rounds

An ideal world has at least 53 weeks per year?
Old 10 Nov 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3164806)   #23
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind races being the same weekend, as usually the time difference allows for me to watch both (or my dvr) however having both an f1 race and Le Mans at the same time is a bit idiotic.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 02:59 (Ref:3164822)   #24
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
This is the result of the FiA losing control of F1, thanks to Max. They no longer have control of the F1 calendar....Bernie calls the shots. In an ideal world, none of the FiA World Championships would clash......
Old F1 Logo

Current F1 Logo

Enough said.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3164849)   #25
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We all know which race will pull in the biggest, most knowledgeable crowds - however, we also know which race will get the most media coverage, and 'average Joe' interest.
I wonder what's next, moving a Formula One race to clash with Daytona 500?

But seriously, I wish the French Grand Prix race would not held next year... Please, for the fans of Sportscar racing!