Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Aug 2002, 16:14 (Ref:352369)   #1
caseyfan19
Rookie

caseyfan19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waltkins Glen will be takin off the Cup Seires

I was Reading something at a nascar store where i lived and they said it will be takin off the cup circuit did anyone here about it it makes me mad
Old 8 Aug 2002, 12:32 (Ref:353005)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a rumour about that being spread around the paddock at the 6h of the Glen earlier this year (so I've heard).

Apparently the rubbin' crowd are trying to get off the road courses all together. (Despite what Darryl Waltrip said during the broadcast, that if NASCAR driverswant credibility as premier drivers, they have to prove they can turn right too.)

Should IMS want to sell, Panoz is all lined up to purchase the track.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 14 Aug 2002, 14:11 (Ref:357719)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A further note: It appears the days of bringing roadracing ringers in is gone. Ron Fellows wasn't there, nor were Shane Lewis (rumoured to be there this year) or Brian Simo (there last year). Since Robbie Gordon is full-time this year, he can't be considered a ringer, and Boris Said was there.

Ron apparently didn't have sponsorship for Watkins Glen this year, but there's supposedly some news a-comin' on his NASCAR front.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James