Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2002, 21:45 (Ref:274893)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you were Fisichella what would you do?

Giancarlo Fisichella is having a nightmare season in a Jordan that is slow and keeps breaking down. But if you were in his position, would you:

1. Stay at Jordan
2. Join Toyota
3. Join Ferrari

If I was Fisichella I would take the Ferrari offer. Not only would it give me the chance to really challenge M Schumacher in equal equipment (unless he starts messing around with my car like a coward), but I would have a chance of winning races, even if only very occasionally.

I can't see Williams,McLaren or Renault offering Fisi a seat. Do you?
Old 30 Apr 2002, 21:58 (Ref:274900)   #2
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has he been offered a seat at Ferrari or Toyota? If either of those options presented itself he would be foolish not to go. But as it stands I don't think there are any open seats at the top, so he should honour his contract and drive the hell out of that Jordan. Fisi in a Ferrari would be cool however.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 Apr 2002, 23:56 (Ref:274959)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, before slicing his wrists, there isn't much Fisi can really do about the situation. He's stuck at Jordan for three years unless he put a performance clause in his contract, but I doubt that as he wouldn't have ever thought that the Jordan would have been this woeful.

And where could he go? He just wouldn't really fit anywhere.

Ferrari have minutely hinted they would like to sign Fisichella, but in reality it will never happen.

Sad to say, but Fisi will be stuck at Jordan.
Old 1 May 2002, 00:54 (Ref:274986)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I would take option 4. Accept Mr gates offer of $40 Billion dollars for one night with his wife.

Whats that you say? I'm crazy? He has'nt made that offer? Oh sorry, I thought we were all living here on planet delusion.

*Wrex takes morning dose of anti-sarcasm medication*

Sorry about that.

Of course he would take the Ferrari drive. He would also take the McLaren, Williams, Renault, Sauber and Toyota drives. After a few more races like these, and Jaguar, Arrows, BAR and Minardi might be considered too.

Fisi's where he is because of poor circumstance. He should make the best of it and get a new manager.

Last edited by Wrex; 1 May 2002 at 00:54.