Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jul 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2245122)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pro Racers Hidden Valley report!

in early this round and with a new format.

It was time to head north for the race in the top end to race in the heat of Darwin at Hidden Valley. Steven Richards was the best man this weekend heading home a FPR 1, 2 showing to Ford they made the right decision. Garth Tander saved face for Holden taking the last step on the podium.

Qualifying:
I was watching live timing seeing the usual suspects knocked out in the respective sessions until the manic last session where FPR managed a 1,2 in qualifying, that left me a one eyed Holden fan a little down. Tander in 4th was the only real hope for Holden in qualifying. Stand out performenses in qualifying were definatly the men in 6th (Jason Richards) & 7th (Russell Ingall) Jason is know to be the Mark Webber or Jarno Trulli of V8's with his great one lap skills, Russell on the other hand is not known for his qualifying but seems to be hitting a purple patch at the moment.

Race 1:
FPR said bye bye to the other 27 cars bolting to a 1,2 with Mark Winterbottom converted his pole to a win. The 2 888 cars taking turns hounding Garth Tander through Race 1 had me worried but to Garths and the 888 boys the raced well producing great racing, was definatly my highlight of the race. Shane Van Gisbergan had a quiet but good drive making up 10, he seems to be making himself quite the "Comeback Kid", yes another kid. There were few casulties in the the race the most notable being Cam McConville who didn't seem to happy with Steve Johnson. Coolsuit failure seemed to be the order of the day with a few going bust and making and already hot race hotter, poor buggers i would hate that to happen, instead of being a help they were a hinderance.

Race 2:
Race 2 seemed to be another snooze fest up front with Steven Richards and Mark Winterbottom doing the harold holt, until a stray Holden flag happen to find itself on the main straight bringing out the safety car. How irronic it was a Holden flag considering what transpired on the restart giving Garth Tander the lead and eventually the race win. Shane Van Gisbergan's clash with Will Davison was clear cut and deserved the penalty, this gave him a task of another "Comeback Kid" performance for race 3. Paul Morris was put on notice before the round so it will be interesting to see what comes out of the hearing tonight resaulting from the incident with Lee Holdsworth, i thought it was as clear cut as Van Gisbergan's move so maybe he is inline for some harsher punishment.

Race 3:
FPR love to disappear they doing it for the 3rd time running with a reverse of their race 1 1,2 finish, another late race safety car couldn't produce the same resault for Garth Tander which i had my fingers crossed for. Shane Van Gisbergan once again took the task at hand living up to his "Comeback Kid" tag, Greg Murphy did the same. The Kiwi's do seem to love to come from behind maybe it's all the practice with the sheep, then again that dosn't explain Cameron McConville's and Todd Kelly's comeback. Jason Richards incident ending Mark Skaifes fightback was massive and Jason lived up to his tag of managing to throw a good resault down the drain.

Drive of the round:
I have to give my drive of the round to Russell Ingall, i know the FPRguys were great but so they should be given the budget and team. Russell Ingall and PMM have been punching above their weight and are getting rewarded. Russell was super consistant and clean all weekend, you didn't hear or see him much but he got the job done.

Picture of the round:
while not the best picture it's fitting given the events of the past week:

give me your feed back and i hope it's improved format, i will try as hard as i can to get it out on a Sunday night.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 6 Jul 2008 at 10:55.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2245142)   #2
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
in early this round and with a new format.

It was time to head north for the race in the top end to race in the heat of Darwin at Hidden Valley. Steven Richards was the best man this weekend heading home a FPR 1, 2 showing to Ford they made the right decision. Garth Tander saved face for Holden taking the last step on the podium.

Qualifying:
I was watching live timing seeing the usual suspects knocked out in the respective sessions until the manic last session where FPR managed a 1,2 in qualifying, that left me a one eyed Holden fan a little down. Tander in 4th was the only real hope for Holden in qualifying. Stand out performenses in qualifying were definatly the men in 6th (Jason Richards) & 7th (Russell Ingall) Jason is know to be the Mark Webber or Jarno Trulli of V8's with his great one lap skills, Russell on the other hand is not known for his qualifying but seems to be hitting a purple patch at the moment.

Race 1:
FPR said bye bye to the other 27 cars bolting to a 1,2 with Mark Winterbottom converted his pole to a win. The 2 888 cars taking turns hounding Garth Tander through Race 1 had me worried but to Garths and the 888 boys the raced well producing great racing, was definatly my highlight of the race. Shane Van Gisbergan had a quiet but good drive making up 10, he seems to be making himself quite the "Comeback Kid", yes another kid. There were few casulties in the the race the most notable being Cam McConville who didn't seem to happy with Steve Johnson. Coolsuit failure seemed to be the order of the day with a few going bust and making and already hot race hotter, poor buggers i would hate that to happen, instead of being a help they were a hinderance.

Race 2:
Race 2 seemed to be another snooze fest up front with Steven Richards and Mark Winterbottom doing the harold holt, until a stray Holden flag happen to find itself on the main straight bringing out the safety car. How irronic it was a Holden flag considering what transpired on the restart giving Garth Tander the lead and eventually the race win. Shane Van Gisbergan's clash with Will Davison was clear cut and deserved the penalty, this gave him a task of another "Comeback Kid" performance for race 3. Paul Morris was put on notice before the round so it will be interesting to see what comes out of the hearing tonight resaulting from the incident with Lee Holdsworth, i thought it was as clear cut as Van Gisbergan's move so maybe he is inline for some harsher punishment.

Race 3:
FPR love to disappear they doing it for the 3rd time running with a reverse of their race 1 1,2 finish, another late race safety car couldn't produce the same resault for Garth Tander which i had my fingers crossed for. Shane Van Gisbergan once again took the task at hand living up to his "Comeback Kid" tag, Greg Murphy did the same. The Kiwi's do seem to love to come from behind maybe it's all the practice with the sheep, then again that dosn't explain Cameron McConville's and Todd Kelly's comeback. Jason Richards incident ending Mark Skaifes fightback was massive and Jason lived up to his tag of managing to throw a good resault down the drain.

Drive of the round:
I have to give my drive of the round to Russell Ingall, i know the FPRguys were great but so they should be given the budget and team. Russell Ingall and PMM have been punching above their weight and are getting rewarded. Russell was super consistant and clean all weekend, you didn't hear or see him much but he got the job done.

Picture of the round:
while not the best picture it's fitting given the events of the past week:

give me your feed back and i hope it's improved format, i will try as hard as i can to get it out on a Sunday night.
You should get the gig to sum up the round instead of the channel 7 boys.

Open a thread for best Photo caption. " say, inst that next model camry suited to racing here"

cheers
Old 7 Jul 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2246756)   #3
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice Pro.

That style works for you (owning it)

Now where did I put that sheep - "come here honey"