Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Nov 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2059527)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
GP2 Testing: Circuit Paul Ricard

Maldonado returned to action for the first time since his injury...... and wound up fastest on the first day, then 3rd on the second. Clearly he'll be a candidate for one of the top rides if he can raise the money.

Zuber wound up quickest for Super Nova on the second day.

Interestingly Nakajima was back, doing some mileage for ART, which makes me think he won't be driving for Toyota in F1 just yet......

Grosjean impressed and Hanley did a good job.
Old 4 Nov 2007, 22:06 (Ref:2059632)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed Hanley did do a very impressive job, Oliver Jarvis didnt do too badly in what is essentially a back marker DPR car. Lets hope both Hanley and Jarvis have done enough to secure a ride for next year. Hanley must be in with a good shot I think, Jarvis could get a seat but I think its slightly more unlikely. Still he has shown what he can do when he has a good team around him in A1 GP.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 03:07 (Ref:2059762)   #3
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah I don't think anyone actually believed Nakajima would get an F1 drive at this point. Zuber looks to be on form, in the top 2 positions on everyday of the test is fairly impressive, and indeed Maldonado as well.

Anyone know when the '08 spec car will debut and when they'll start testing with it?
Old 5 Nov 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2059849)   #4
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
Anyone know when the '08 spec car will debut and when they'll start testing with it?
The Teams will receive the first car at January and the second in February

I believe the first test will be on Mid-February at Paul Ricard
Old 5 Nov 2007, 12:23 (Ref:2060078)   #5
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thing with Olly is that yes he's wanted by many teams, but he has no money. Lucky for him this test was free...
Old 5 Nov 2007, 17:51 (Ref:2060449)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes, i'm sure Jarvis would be competitive straight away if he got a good drive?

Mind you DPR might not be too bad if they can maintain that form they had in the last 3 or 4 rounds of this year....

Looking at some of the driver who've been at this test, there's some interesting names like Valles who've returned having had a year out doing practically nothing! I thought he showed promise in WSR in 2005 and at times in his debut season of GP2 in 2006, so I would expect him to be a regular frontrunner of he comes back for a full assault next season.

Also noted Chris Van Der Drift out for Trident. I guess having done the season in F Masters he will be looking to bypass F3 and jump straight to GP2 or WSR? Certainly more competitive than he was when he had a couple ofoutings in testing at the end of the '06 season, but then he's got another years' experience under his belt.

People like Kobayashi, Buurman, and the crop of the guys from this year returning for a second assault is giving me genuine hope that we'll have a top year in 2008.

Last edited by chunterer; 5 Nov 2007 at 18:17.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 23:33 (Ref:2060713)   #7
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hope Oliver can stay in Japan than. He's shown what he can do with F3 cars here and there, so hopefully he can secure charge-free Super GT and/or Formula Nippon?!
Old 7 Nov 2007, 06:44 (Ref:2061811)   #8
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people are linking Nakajima to the second Williams seat, ironic consideriing they wouldn't take his father to keep Honda engines in the late 80's.

Is Chris Van der Drift commonly viewed as a kiwi or dutch? He did a rookie session for NZL in A1GP however the autosport report of this test referred to him as being dutch.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 07:41 (Ref:2061830)   #9
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's raced with both the Dutch and New Zealand flag in the past seasons.
Old 7 Nov 2007, 08:43 (Ref:2061863)   #10
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well it seems I spoke too soon concerning Nakajima...
Old 7 Nov 2007, 11:22 (Ref:2062014)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Maldonado returned to action for the first time since his injury...... and wound up fastest on the first day, then 3rd on the second. Clearly he'll be a candidate for one of the top rides if he can raise the money.
With PDVSA he could have enough money to finance a top ride.