Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Dec 2007, 03:00 (Ref:2089276)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BEWARE***** new xbox live problem

hey all, this is just to make sure you know about this as this has just happened to me and after investigating it on the net it seems iam not alone and it is geting more common.
it is a warning for anyone who recieved the 3 red lights on thier console and had to send it back to microsoft.
when microsoft replaced the motherboard to fix the 3 red lights they had that many consoles sent in they cant keep up to speed. therefore the new updated motherboard they put in is not registering on their main computer so it will block your xbox live as it thinks your console has been modified. if this happens contact xbox support as soon as possible as they can not fix the problem, it has to be sent to a head office complaints team to investigate to prove you have not hacked your xbox. at present it takes nearly a month to do this!!!!

just to let u all know
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:22 (Ref:2091651)   #2
MonkeyMagic
Rookie

MonkeyMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh boy, my 360 just had the RROD today, ok there you go, I'm getting paranoid now .

Man seriously...12 months old and the console is dead, it's unacceptable...
Old 19 Dec 2007, 00:48 (Ref:2091683)   #3
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear :\. Before the PS3 came out i was thinking about getting the 360 but then i heard about the 3 red light problem etc. so decided to get the PS3 when it came out. It just seems to be major problem after major problem with the 360 now :\.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 00:48 (Ref:2091684)   #4
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear :\. Before the PS3 came out i was thinking about getting the 360 but then i heard about the 3 red light problem etc. so decided to get the PS3 when it came out. It just seems to be major problem after major problem with the 360 now :\.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 00:59 (Ref:2091687)   #5
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Problem with browser. Sorry about triple post.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 07:59 (Ref:2091771)   #6
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic
Oh boy, my 360 just had the RROD today, ok there you go, I'm getting paranoid now .

Man seriously...12 months old and the console is dead, it's unacceptable...
My first PS2 died after 6.
Seems to me that mass produced consoles are well... ****.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:51 (Ref:2092280)   #7
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i had 5 ps2's.....

Havnt had a RROD Yet

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:57 (Ref:2092285)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Seems to me that mass produced consoles are well... ****.
As opposed to hand built ones.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 00:35 (Ref:2092385)   #9
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockmunky,Cryos what were you doing with your ps2's? Leaving them out in the rain??.....
My first lasted 2 years and my second lasted 5 and was still going strong when I traded it in yesterday for a 360.Not a single "disc read error" in its life.For some reason I don't think its replacement will last as long
Old 20 Dec 2007, 01:24 (Ref:2092400)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, there we go. Different people will get different results.

My PS2's (plural) were appalling in quality. The first one broke in a year.

Whereas my 360 is a launch day version and still running like a dream.

It is, of course, more fashionable to knock Microsoft because they make Windows (argh) and are not a trendy Japanese company with alternative advertising.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 02:18 (Ref:2092414)   #11
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
just a quick update, i have recieved no notification from microsoft in regards to my issues and to explain why this all happened but my xbox live is now back on. VICTORY!!!! as i said i was innocent. just need to try and find out why i was banned now!
Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:31 (Ref:2092591)   #12
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, my latest one broke on me....

I then threw it out of my window onto the patio.

Very broken now
Old 20 Dec 2007, 14:00 (Ref:2092680)   #13
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Well, my latest one broke on me....

I then threw it out of my window onto the patio.

Very broken now
ive had the same ps2 since i got in about 2000-01! still works perfectly.

Cyros: i suspect your one of those gamers who throws the console at the tv when things dont go your way
Old 20 Dec 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2092798)   #14
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nahh i put alot of hours up on my consoles; Well i used to untill i got a job. I leave it upto my bro to do all the stress testing

The pc i built seems to be lasting well

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 20 Dec 2007, 18:44 (Ref:2092886)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Don't think I've ever had a PC that lasted that long, mass manufactured or hand built.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 23:35 (Ref:2093050)   #16
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
for those interested, Standard AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 1.5gb Ram, 40gb drive; AMD Mobo. Windows Vista Enterprise . Had it since September 2006 (thanks to HP Microsoft Connect)

Old 21 Dec 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2093388)   #17
MonkeyMagic
Rookie

MonkeyMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From xbox-scene.com

Quote:
The other day I reported that I was getting emails in from disgruntled Xbox Live users who had been banned by Microsoft for allegedly connecting to the online service using modded consoles even though the consoles were totally unmodified. Today I'm hearing that some of those affected are finally getting somewhere with tech support.

Initially, Microsoft's response had been that the process used to identify modded consoles (a process that would allow the console to play backed up game) was 100% accurate and that there was nothing that Microsoft or users could do other than buy a new console. At the time Microsoft wouldn't even take the consoles in to be checked or repair. Now is seems that things have changed. I'm still waiting for official word from Microsoft but according to several affected gamers that I have spoken to, Microsoft is now backing down from the initial stance and some consoles are being unbanned and others taken in for repair.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 14:44 (Ref:2094476)   #18
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW new Xbox's are apparently reported to have no issues with the RROD, they are built better.
Old 25 Dec 2007, 01:58 (Ref:2094653)   #19
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
the ofifcial reply i had from xbox when i was turned back on to live was,
when the xbox was repaired after the motherboard crashed (3 red lights) it was replaced with a more upto date version which unfortunatly our computers were unable to detect due to the volume of boards replaced and so registered your xbox as chipped!!