Old 15 Aug 2001, 17:45 (Ref:130852)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
September Blockbuster!!!

I love September.

First weekend we have the Victorian State Championships Round 5 at Phillip Island. I will be there as pit crew, and even be up in commentary for a little while. Gotta have a bit of fun while you are down there I say.

Second weekend, is the next round of the Group 5 Super Sprint Series. I will be entered in my Yellow RX7. 1 win from 1 start and I am looking to continue on. hehehe.

Third weekend we see the Sandown 500, where I will either be an official or be displaying both of our competition cars in the paddock with a number of other cars from our class.

I think there is more, but I can't remember right now.

Let me know if anyone will be attending any of these events.

By the way, this happens to be my 200th post. TAH DAH!!!

thankyou
Old 16 Aug 2001, 15:52 (Ref:131296)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well done on reaching 200 Vandas

you can also add the Winton V8's to your calender..Im not sure if I am going as yet but it is set to be a good one.

sadly this is about the only event that i get to but I did manage a trip to calder last year and i do want to get to Phillip island one day.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 15:46 (Ref:132164)   #3
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Marcus,

If you ever want to come to the Island let me know.

My club runs most of the major events there, as it is our home track, and we used to run it for a number of years before the track closed.

We have a hand in every event that is run there, and we either promote or organise the rest.

I will give you a little tour,

Anyway get back to me,

Cameron
Old 27 Aug 2001, 16:21 (Ref:136552)   #4
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well September is upon us, and it appears as though the round at Phillip Island is going to be a classic encounter.

The Selectmaz cars, are running head to head with the new power in Improved Production Racing, Autostyle Racing. Add to the mix, the cars prepared by Mr Mazda, throw in the Forty Winks Racing entry and you have an encounter of epic proportions.

Rohan Ambrose has shown awesome speed, but has really lacked staying power with his car constantly breaking down. Ken Douglas has had similar troubles with his RX7. Phil Morriss has not been headed until Calder, where he was challenged by several cars.

This event last year saw the first front row appearance of the Forty Winks Racing car and my Dad will be looking to do it again.

I will be bored out of my brain dreaming of the weekend after when I get my chance in the next round of the Group 5 Super Sprint Series.

So Victorians, come and support the State Race series. We had roughly 6000 people through the gates at the last Phillip Island State Round and we will be looking for similar attendance figures.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 12:03 (Ref:137013)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vandas, I'd love to come down to Phillip Island for the Historic meeting in March, but gee it's a long tow. 1800km each way.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 16:12 (Ref:137112)   #6
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
David,

Have you ever raced around the Island?
Old 10 Sep 2001, 02:54 (Ref:144273)   #7
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well so far it has been a very interesting few weeks.

We had a good State Round, but not good enough. We were running as high as third in the pointscore race, when my Dad got brainfade and fell off twice with 2 laps to go. He struggled to finish 8th.

I just got back from the supersprint where we had a great deal of fun trying to set-up my new car.

We finished 4th in the higher class, but it was obvious that we were way down on horsepower for the competition. But our aim is now to fix every aspect of the car, so that we can win without having to touch the engine, then start making engine mods and blow them all away. Looking forward to that.

Well this weekend coming is the Sandown 500, I now have to organise Decals to put on both of the cars.

I'll let you know how it all goes.