Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 19 Jun 2008, 07:21 (Ref:2232400)   #1
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Your old camera gear.

I often wonder how much really good expensive obsolete 35mm film camera gear is kicking about in enthusiast houses.
Are you like me and have thousands (when new) of pounds worth of bodies /lenses etc and just can't junk it. Or were you clever enough to offload it before the "dramatic" change to digi ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Jun 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2232423)   #2
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not thousands, but yep I have a redundant 35mm SLR.

It used a Pentax K mount though, so I got a digital SLR from Pentax and I can use some of my lensese with it.

Cheers.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2232461)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Again my 35mm SLR wasn't hugely expensive but yes I do still have it (and it's lenses). I have no idea why I've kept it really.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2232474)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Canon A1 and a couple of lenses sitting sadly in a drawer.

Jim
Old 19 Jun 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2232480)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two AE1s and loads of lenses plus an EOS 350.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:55 (Ref:2232523)   #6
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same here - I've got my trusty old praktica mtl5 and screw-fit lenses mouldering away somewhere.

Also still got my EOS10 body but fortunately the lenses fit my d60 & 10d.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2232555)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I still have my old Canon A1, sadly I sold my expensive 70-210 f4.5 zoom lens. This was one that was a constant f4.5 and didn't shut down to 5.6 at full zoom, I believe they only produced them for a short while due to the price of them and lack of sales due to the cheaper 4.5-5.6 one.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2232673)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a Nikon F3 and F4, missed selling at the right time as basically i still needed them and was using them. Tried to sell the F4 recently but no buyer, very glad as i'm still hopeful my son might get some use out of it, plus its easily the prettiest camera i've ever held in my hand - so i now have it sitting on display on a bookshelf.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2232830)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The only other problem with the "good old gear" is going to be the availability of film in the near future . When video for the masses came in it killed the amateur 8mm film format virtually overnight. Likewise digi camcorders did the same for video camera recorders. I wonder whats next !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Jun 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2234069)   #10
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My dad has an absolute stack of OM kit. Gotta be worth something!
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2236616)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The lenses are still worth something. All good Zuiko primes.

The bodies are worth peanuts, hence my buying them off fleabuy...
3 OM1s, and an OM4.

I also have a Bronica with it's std lens. Bargain.
I also have a LOT of Fuji Velvia etc in the freezer.

Stocked up in the 7day shop sale some time back.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2236622)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got £15 on Ebay for my old (and much-loved) EOS 100. I could have cried. But it was absolutely no use at all to me.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2236684)   #13
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
I also have a Bronica with it's std lens.
Take it to family planning, it could be serious!
Old 25 Jun 2008, 01:27 (Ref:2236923)   #14
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

I have been a Nikon owner since 1956 when I bought an S-2 rangefinder w/35mm ƒ1:1.8 lens and an 85mm ƒ1:2.0 lens. I wish I had them now but that is another story.

In the intervening years I upgraded to a Nikkormat (Nikomat) FTn then FT2, N50 (F50), N90s (F90x), N65 (F65), N75 (F75), N80 (F80) and eventually a Nikon D50 (not sure what the European version is called).

I kept the same lenses until the Auto-focus N50, trading in to upgrade until I switched. At that point I started again but with all zooms.

I have been fortunate to be able to buy & sell Nikon stuff on e-Bay (US) and in fact have sold several items in the UK, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, and Australia.

For lack of something WORSE to do, last year I bought a Mamiya RB 67 Pro-S. It has since taken on the role of a family `dependent', requiring an additional lens, film backs and a very Heavy Duty tripod (it weighs 4kg and broke my original one). The pix are absolutely awe inspiring, however the 120/220 film must be sent away for processing as there are no local `chemical film processors" for that size negative (6 x 7 cm).

Currently I seem to have become a `repository' for N65/75/80 camera bodies. I hate to see them go to the "Happy Snapping Grounds" .

If there is any interest in new or used camera items from the US, PM please.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2237227)   #15
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
I have a D50, it's D50 over here too, and I reckon it's close to the absolute perfect beginner SLR. Beautiful thing.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2237388)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canon T50[lazy]+ lenses from 28 wide thru to 300mm,filtres,doublers all sitting in a camera bag for what must be 12/13years!.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2266458)   #17
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wel as some of you have prolly read in my other thread, I've just purchased a very clean, almost new looking Canon EOS500. I managed to get the body, the original 35-80mm lens, Canon bag, 3x ISO400 films and new batteries for less than £30.

The guy I bought it off has coverted to digital but told me he'd rather have kept the EOS500.