Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2007, 08:14 (Ref:1872049)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know of at least one MGB that had Engine Management installed[Dutch Driver]
Old 20 Mar 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1872067)   #2
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC driver
Have a beer Esper?
at Stoneleigh friday? yes ofcourse when discussing a Chro-mo frame for the TVR and a ultra-light polyester shell..............................but then it will become ... a replica?
Old 20 Mar 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1872068)   #3
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I know of at least one MGB that had Engine Management installed[Dutch Driver]
right or left foot?
Old 20 Mar 2007, 14:33 (Ref:1872357)   #4
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
LC driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
at Stoneleigh friday? yes ofcourse when discussing a Chro-mo frame for the TVR and a ultra-light polyester shell..............................but then it will become ... a replica?
Hmm another illegal TVR in competition that makes two.....
Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1872494)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
right or left foot?
Left,he was desparate to keep up with the king
Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:49 (Ref:1872500)   #6
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC driver
Hmm another illegal TVR in competition that makes two.....
then I would use my van Diemen suspension to come in the league you mean. that means suspension with not any part designed in Blackpool.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1872502)   #7
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Left,he was desparate to keep up with the king
whos the king in hidden potential......................?
Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1872504)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The Boat Builder
Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1872533)   #9
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
The Boat Builder
got it somewhat slow today. but the car you mean had not such systems. it was after all different......................replica MGB?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 18:45 (Ref:1873221)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Hmmm,Replica? sort of updated version
Old 21 Mar 2007, 21:18 (Ref:1873397)   #11
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Hmmm,Replica? sort of updated version
heritage shell , over developed engine (don't now cubic inches) etc. way into replica league I would say???
Old 21 Mar 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1873431)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Absolutely,it was not the kings car Esper,it was someone else who wanted to try and beat him,the kings car was just normally tuned.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 22:25 (Ref:1873450)   #13
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Absolutely,it was not the kings car Esper,it was someone else who wanted to try and beat him,the kings car was just normally tuned.
I know!! that B was top (where is it now??????) but the driver charged as well so its not only car for sure!!!!
Old 22 Mar 2007, 08:39 (Ref:1873608)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You obviously realise who I mean! I have no idea where it is now.I was resonsible for building Fritz,s car,I originally built it as a sister car to mine for a guy named Joe Ward in 1989,I dont know where it is now though.
Old 22 Mar 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1873930)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

THIS MUST BE MAGIC Now I,m worried,I dont remember starting this thread[Mallet must be behind it]
Old 25 Mar 2007, 15:43 (Ref:1875874)   #16
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
THIS MUST BE MAGIC Now I,m worried,I dont remember starting this thread[Mallet must be behind it]
Nor did I? but some people obviously are interested in MG gossip ( in the artic?) so lets invent something new.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1875915)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well you're both wrong! It was nothing to do with Peter! It was I who split this off because, apart from moving off topic (again), you were indulging in a two way chat (again!), in riddles (again!), which very few others would understand (again!). Please remember this is a public forum! It would be better to conduct such conversations by PM.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 06:56 (Ref:1882460)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
se Terence or Esper can you confirm what is the definitive FIA spec for an MGB....
Old 3 Apr 2007, 07:48 (Ref:1882488)   #19
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
se Terence or Esper can you confirm what is the definitive FIA spec for an MGB....
by calculating with whats written in the FIA appendices an MGB can have 1920cc. The discussion 1920 - 1950 is a little bit overrated when looking at laptimes. The design of the head (was it really designed..?.... ) makes tuning an MGB engine not an easy job. Verdict, there are some people in Britain with ages of MGB race / tuning experience which can make a 1920 cc engine realy run. Thats the pinnacle of a fast FIA MGB, chose the right people to deal with.

The suspension must be quite standard front wishbones coils and the odd armstrongs , rear live axcle with leafsprings. If you read that they are quite outstanding cars allthough on suspension design from the middle ages. I haven't got a clue if the frontrunners in FIA races tweak with A frames on the rearaxcle but those are no go . the Armstrongs and leafsprings are much overlooked though, they can work!!

then the original gearbox should be in alltough I think many use the later 4 synchro box (after 1967 up to rubber bumper MGBs) because they last. Untill now a decent close ratio gearkit wasn't available for the old gearbox!

the rest is similar to any FIA racecar as is the cheating. But those MGBs are such nice cars, but after 15 years I wanted something new on known grounds so hence the Grantura.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1882499)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1920 not 1860? now I am really confused as I knew of 1950 but not 1920! And Peter Burgess is the holy grail for engines I gather...
Old 3 Apr 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1882511)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Esper,1.2mm overbore gives 1853.6cc.There are quite a few people who say that this is incorrect,but belive me,it is 100% acurate.As for setting up the suspension,Front ,you are allowed 1deg negative camber,any antiroll bar in period but probably 3/4in is optimum.Rear end is all quite straight forward,don,t use parabolic rear spring,s,they tend to give extra droop on long fast bends,just when you dont need it,ie,mid corner.There is plenty of scope for making alterations to the uprated standard spring,they DO work properly.Rear shocks,as Esper say,s,go for the adjustable Armstrongs,fill them with Bike Rock Oil,they will not go "Off" on endurance events.Engine wise there are a few good companys,I will not go anywhere but Mass Racing,Chris Conoley will not build bent engines and he has been doing it for quite some time.The secret is to get the weight down to the Homologated of 848kg,then you can make them go!!!!!I hope this is of some use Simon,I have been playing with these things since they were new
Old 3 Apr 2007, 10:13 (Ref:1882595)   #22
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Esper,1.2mm overbore gives 1853.6cc.There are quite a few people who say that this is incorrect,but belive me,it is 100% acurate.I will not go anywhere but Mass Racing,Chris Conoley will not build bent engines and he has been doing it for quite some time.The secret is to get the weight down to the Homologated of 848kg,then you can make them go!!!!!I hope this is of some use Simon,I have been playing with these things since they were new
If my home was on the Island , Chris would be on my list as well. Do you care how big your engine is if its legal? 1850/70 80???. He will let it fly anyway!!!!!
good point with the weight, important but not an easy one!!!!
Old 3 Apr 2007, 10:17 (Ref:1882598)   #23
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
have been playing with these things since they were new
you mean the small tunnel ones no reverse light?
Old 3 Apr 2007, 11:18 (Ref:1882617)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They say that the three synchro ran though 1965 although I have one which is four synchro five bearing and was built 16/17 December 1964 and sold March 1965. Go figure.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1882845)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
you mean the small tunnel ones no reverse light?

Now,Now,Esper

Peter ,some of the cars did run the 3 sync up till 66,when they brought in the 4 sync.Something off topic,but did you know that rubber bumpered cars had a side fill on the gearbox,chrome had the normal top filler.