Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 Nov 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2326461)   #1
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
irxcrossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irish Stockhatch, 2nd Nov, No "C" Final

Also not running a C Final today was seriously bad form i thought, S/H brings a huge entry to each round, over 40 today i think and a C Final was defo required today.. people will be put off if that sort of thing happens.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2326822)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wondered about that, was there any specific reason given?
Old 3 Nov 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2326927)   #3
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When i asked, was told there was not enough time for C finals.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2326928)   #4
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
No Reason at all, i'm sure they'd say lack of time but i say a lack of organisation.. i was sitting on the dummy grid waiting to find out where i qualified because it took them so long to work out the stockhatch results, they came down to the bottom of the control tower with the grids for all the other classes but had no info to give about s/h. Everyone was just standing around baffled!!!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 13:59 (Ref:2326985)   #5
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was the guys first day doing the results. He did a brillant job and should be thanked by all you for his time and effort stockhatch is a victim of its own success. when running finals you need to build in time safety if you have incidents on track.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2327001)   #6
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
thats fair enough tom but i genuinly get the impression that stockhatch is just not regarded as being as important as other classes.. no C Final made no difference to me but i was speaking to a lot of disappointed and angry drivers that a C wasnt run.. so i dont mean to be having a go at any volunteers or anything like that, i'm always grateful for the work people do, i'm just pointing out that when theres that many cars out that we're all as important as each other and all pay the entry fee, imho it was an awful decision not to run a C Final.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2327024)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(Moved these posts out of the weights thread)
Old 3 Nov 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2327064)   #8
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the Reason there is not a huge que of people to run events sometimes no matter what you do there will always be someone giving out if C's were run for stockhatch why not Modified then and something happens then you lose A finals and superfinal. Its happened and there is still nobody happy. The call was made and we have to respect it having done it myself in the past you cant please everyone at an event. I have had 2 backrow starts, track to dusty, track to wet, I missed my heat, a few of the regular things people complain about. You try to listen and help out as much as possable but it is not always possable to do it.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2327068)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Unfortunately that's just what happens when it's an Autumn/Winter series. Light is always going to be the big enemy, can't start earlier so have to just hope and pray everything can get done in time.

Don't want a repeat of the situation a while back where the SuperFinal was cancelled and spectators invaded the tower!!!!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2327084)   #10
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkiwan
Thats the Reason there is not a huge que of people to run events sometimes no matter what you do there will always be someone giving out if C's were run for stockhatch why not Modified then and something happens then you lose A finals and superfinal. Its happened and there is still nobody happy. The call was made and we have to respect it having done it myself in the past you cant please everyone at an event. I have had 2 backrow starts, track to dusty, track to wet, I missed my heat, a few of the regular things people complain about. You try to listen and help out as much as possable but it is not always possable to do it.
Jesus tom you must have been watchin my heats or somethin(lol) cos thats exactly what happened to me, missed my first heat because we where standing in scrutiny tryin to figure what was happening with the weights and also had 2 backrow starts.. But hey i seem to be the only person mentionin the lack of a C Final and it dont affect me really so rant over..
Old 3 Nov 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2327199)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If people are critical of how the events are organised, they should get off their back side and lend a hand. The Events in my mind are run to the best of everyones ability given limited resources.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2327215)   #12
michael duke
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
michael duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was a great event and well done too all who was involved in makin the day possible thanks again
Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2327792)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I don't think anyone minds constructive criticism. But it needs to be constructive and attacks on volunteer officials aren't generally met with joy from those of us who actually do the volunteering.

Bottom line - if you're not happy with how something is done, you have a couple of options.
  1. Make a formal complaint to the appropriate person/persons
  2. Once you get an explanation, either accept the situation or sit down and work out a better method of doing things that will achieve the result you want - and then offer your assistance to make it happen.
  3. if you want people to take your comments on board, make sure you do things correctly (see item 1) rather than just slagging people off on a website which is guaranteed to a) get their backs up and b) give them a negative opinion of the website!

It's always a shame when a race has to be cut due to time constraints, but it's hardly the first time and it won't be the last.

Best suggestion to avoid any races being dropped off the programme? Stop crashing!
Old 4 Nov 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2327823)   #14
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
All i ever meant for my comment to be was constructive, i was in the a final so i'm not giving out cos i didnt get a final or anything like that.. i was merely pointing out how many disappointed faces i seen when there was only a B and A Final.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 13:18 (Ref:2328656)   #15
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds to me as though the organisers were caught between a rock and a hard (dark) place. The only thing to be aware of is that drivers are customers too. If they don't get finals they may not come back. When stock hatch took off big time in Britain a few years ago there was the same problem with disappointed drivers not returning. Now the British problem is the reverse - stock hatch grids are far too small.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2328670)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
True but that lead to the problem of having 'E' finals for stock hatch but then running out of time and the superfinal not being run - not an ideal situation either.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2328716)   #17
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
HA an E final, now theres a thought.. but i was wondering how is it judged at the start of a day as to how many finals will be run.. for example the last day in mondello there was an entry of 25 modifieds i think and they ran an A & B Final so that means 60% of drivers got a final, Compare that to stock hatch where there was 40 drivers and an A & B Final so 37% of drivers got a final.
I would think that if they ran it so that a minimum of 50% of whatever drivers enter got a final would be fair. Just a thought.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 14:34 (Ref:2328722)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's not a bad idea - set a percentage for all classes then everybody knows exactly where they stand. The problem then is what order to run them - whoever is last stands the greatest chance of getting cut due to light/time.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2328724)   #19
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
That is true but we were finished early enough last day and in 3 years of racing in mondello i've only seen us run out of light once i think oh and another thing that always baffles me about the running order, why not leave rallycars til last, they do have headlights after all
Old 5 Nov 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2328728)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by irxcrossi
...in 3 years of racing in mondello i've only seen us run out of light once...
I've only been to Mondello once - there was barely any light at any point throughout the 'day'
Old 5 Nov 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2328732)   #21
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Well the program had space for the grid positions for a "C" final so I'm assuming that the original intention was to run one and it was cut later in the day. At one point we were at least 40 minutes behind schedule so I'm sure that was the reason. In that situation the organisers can't rely on fast turnaround to bring the timetable back. Start a campaign for a Stock Hack "consolation" final where the 8 fastest cars NOT to make it in to the B final get a run, but only if there is still light.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2328735)   #22
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irxcrossi
That is true but we were finished early enough last day and in 3 years of racing in mondello i've only seen us run out of light once i think oh and another thing that always baffles me about the running order, why not leave rallycars til last, they do have headlights after all

It's been a lot better since the curfew was brought in, but it's definitely happened more than once and there have been several meetings where we saw less finals that we initially expected, although I don't know how many were originally scheduled.

The bottom line is that the amount of time available is always going to be directly proportional to how many stoppages there are over the course of the day and how long they take.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2328764)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope everyone realizes, this is the start of the quest for domination that was first started by Bernie Ecclestone. Unlike the aforementioned poison dwarf, I suspect an Evil Pumpkin is much more scary!

So beware!
Old 5 Nov 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2328838)   #24
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
But taller. Definitely taller. And with better hair......
Old 5 Nov 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2328968)   #25
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just wondering and i'm not giving out or trying 2 jump down anybodys throats as i can only imagine wat a long day it is for officials and marshals but wat was de story wit de one hour lunch break on sunday . . . . . as far as i can remember it used 2 be only bout half an hour . . . . i maybe wrong can somebody correct me if i'm wrong . . . . .