Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 15 Apr 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2441303)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who will win first - Dario or TK?

" You know, even better, I'm going to propose a bet between me and him that we’ll probably switch: The first time he wins a race he has to shave his head, and the first time I win a race I won't cut my hair until I win again. " unquote TK about Dario's hair style. Dario has now on speedtv accepted the bet.

Who will be the winner ?
Old 15 Apr 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2441333)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Danica obviously.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2441391)   #3
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Danica obviously.
That goes without saying...

I really like Dario. Im so glad he is back. It would of been perfect if he would of come back to Andretti Green and replaced Hideki.

Im going to have say Tony Kanaan wins before Dario. Gotta stick with my team... Andretti Green Racing.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2441405)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Danica obviously.
I've just come here to say that.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2441455)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rofl.

Me thinks Dario is gonna get the first win.

Great to see him back in a green car, odly.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2441828)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't that a one off livery? He'll be back in Target red soon.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2441938)   #7
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, red car next time.

I think Dario will get it. Nothing against TK obviously, he is as good as Dario at least. But i think Ganassi as a whole will have more 'on days' than Andretti Green will.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2443227)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore View Post
I've just come here to say that.
Me too!

Although we are working entirely in the fantasy realm, since we all know it is future fact that Danica is going to win every remaining race this season, I'll go for Dario.

TK could easily be the first to win, but over the year you'd figure Ganassi to be the better title prospect, thus, if I were to bet, odds favour Dario hitting the win first.

Dario it is (of course, in reality, Danica will win every race).
Old 18 Apr 2009, 03:39 (Ref:2443510)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I want dario just to see TK with a 'Fro

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2444013)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Am I the only one who saw "TK" and thought "Tommy Kendall?"
Old 18 Apr 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2444085)   #11
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Am I the only one who saw "TK" and thought "Tommy Kendall?"
You are the only one.... There is only ONE "TK" and thats Tony Kanaan.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2444109)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
You are the only one.... There is only ONE "TK" and thats Tony Kanaan.
Er, no. Look up your racing history. TK is Tommy Kendall.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2444116)   #13
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Er, no. Look up your racing history. TK is Tommy Kendall.
Tony Kanaan is well known throughout racing more than Tommy Kendall. Even people who dont follow racing much know Tony Kanaan as TK. You ask those same people do you know Tommy Kendall, they will be like no or who ?
Old 18 Apr 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2444129)   #14
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Hahahaha, shows how little about racing you actually know, you make me laugh. Kendall is much more of a known racer than Kanaan.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2451853)   #15
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
TK? Tom Kristensen ?
Old 28 Apr 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2451890)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i dunno....
tony k has a much more elaborate wikipedia page than TK....i mean tommy kendall
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2452204)   #17
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but the great oracle known as Google shows twice as many hits for TK Tommy Kendall versus TK Tony Kanaan

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...+Tommy+Kendall

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...22+Tony+Kanaan
Old 29 Apr 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2452487)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i tried that too, ice, but i think the google should "TK+famous racing driver"....a much more "controled" experiment. do that and you will see more for Kanaan....perhaps, because there is more current news about kanaan.

for record...TK=Tommy Kendall in my book. always has and always will.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2452570)   #19
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Briscoe, Franchitti, Dixon. Winners in 2009.

Nothing American in that mix and theres nothing wrong with that occurence but its the fact that there are no major American challengers that is probably at the heart of the matter, although no one wants to recognise it.

The next generation of Rahals and Andrettis has not inspired American fans in the way previous generations did. We've had Americans win a few races over the last ten years but none have dominated exception of perhaps Sam Hornish. No American minds foreigners winning some championships or at Indy but if there are no competitive Americans it will not touch the mainstream.

The CART era, especially 1979-1995 did have a bundle of Americans who were competitive with the best foreigners. Until the IRL manages to operrate at that level again it will remain a backwater to the general public.
Old 4 May 2009, 00:45 (Ref:2454865)   #20
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
TK? Tom Kristensen ?
This is what I thought too! 8 wins at Le Mans >> Tommy Kendall or Tony Kanaan.
Old 5 May 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2456021)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Briscoe, Franchitti, Dixon. Winners in 2009.

Nothing American in that mix and theres nothing wrong with that occurence but its the fact that there are no major American challengers that is probably at the heart of the matter, although no one wants to recognise it.

The next generation of Rahals and Andrettis has not inspired American fans in the way previous generations did. We've had Americans win a few races over the last ten years but none have dominated exception of perhaps Sam Hornish. No American minds foreigners winning some championships or at Indy but if there are no competitive Americans it will not touch the mainstream.

The CART era, especially 1979-1995 did have a bundle of Americans who were competitive with the best foreigners. Until the IRL manages to operrate at that level again it will remain a backwater to the general public.
did Robin Miller read this post on this past Sunday's on Windtunnel???
i totally agreed with him then and you now.
Old 5 May 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2456040)   #22
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the Rahals and Andrettis would inspire the American fans if they could run with the Dixons and Franchittis of the series.
Old 5 May 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2456152)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I'd have to agree with that, haha.
Old 6 May 2009, 01:32 (Ref:2456191)   #24
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Maybe the Rahals and Andrettis would inspire the American fans if they could run with the Dixons and Franchittis of the series.
Thats the gist of my post. Until Americans are competitive and regularly winning (not necessarily dominant) you wont touch the American mainstream. Its not an 'American' series and not ultimately not that relevant to the masses.