Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Jun 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2489013)   #1
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phoenix park 2009

So are any of our Uk friends joining us this year....?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2496421)   #2
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping to come over, and dragging Glyn the Fire Pixie with me, but I heard a rumour yesterday at Anglesey that it may be cancelled due to lack of entries. Does anyone know if that's true before I book ferry tickets?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2496475)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well I got a phone call from the CM on Sunday asking if we had any UK marshals coming over, so I would presume that it's going ahead. Can't guarantee anything though I'm afraid.

I've emailed the CM and the CoC for clarification - post details here when I get a response.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2496483)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi all, please see below response from Ann Stevens, the CoC for the Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Stevens
Hi Terri,

The event is NOT cancelled. Can you post a reply to say so on tenths please.

Thanks,

Ann
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2496490)   #5
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be coming over in my usual capacity of Startline. Now the GP and FoS are out of the way, I can start planning mode of transport. Flying or ferry (from Kent), any suggestions?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2496494)   #6
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do not rely on hearsay in this matter. It would have been preferable to have checked with the event organisers on this rather than ask on open forum.

Entries are coming in and we look forward to seeing you, should you decide to come along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
I'm hoping to come over, and dragging Glyn the Fire Pixie with me, but I heard a rumour yesterday at Anglesey that it may be cancelled due to lack of entries. Does anyone know if that's true before I book ferry tickets?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2496504)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Eamonn, that's presuming that people have contact details for the event organisers which most of our UK colleagues would not. The query has been addressed, so I don't see the issue.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2496507)   #8
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite right Terri - I got a bit steamed up when I heard about this.

It happens every year, somebody stoking up false rumours. Its difficult enough to get the event organised without this kind of distraction and negativity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
Eamonn, that's presuming that people have contact details for the event organisers which most of our UK colleagues would not. The query has been addressed, so I don't see the issue.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2496508)   #9
Paul Newns
Veteran

Apologies for any offence. As Terri said, I have no contact details and needed to clarify before booking tickets.

Terri, I'll be in touch as soon as Glyn and I have decided who is coming and how.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2496792)   #10
Mad Mattie
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Mad Mattie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been named as the Chief Marshal for this event.

If you would be interested in marshalling at this event please contact me.

Anybody looking for accomodation can follow this link:http://www.phoenixparkmotorraces.eu/...509fd439cdac9b

Anybody thinking of sailing can follow this link:
http://www.phoenixparkmotorraces.eu/...rry-deals.html

If anybody needs any more information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Mattie
Old 8 Jul 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2497656)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
I will be coming over in my usual capacity of Startline. Now the GP and FoS are out of the way, I can start planning mode of transport. Flying or ferry (from Kent), any suggestions?

Bryan, from Kent, flying would probably be your best bet unless you really fancy driving to Wales and back!

As per previous, we can get you from the airport as long as you're getting in, in the evening. If it's any earlier, we can probably get a volunteer to come get you!

Ryanair go from Stansted and Luton, Aer Lingus do Heathrow and Gatwick, but in terms of both cost and comfort, I'd recommend British Midland who still seem to manage to do civilised flight without bankrupting people!

They're slightly more expensive, but their flights are rarely delayed and you don't get the hassles that you get with the other 2.

Let us know when you get sorted.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2497657)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mattie View Post

If anybody needs any more information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Mattie
Mattie, do we have any info on sign on times etc.? And parking?

Also, will lunches be supplied or is it bring your own?
Old 8 Jul 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2497875)   #13
Mad Mattie
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
I don't have info at the moment about sign on times, parking or lunches at the moment.

When I find out I will let ye know.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2509917)   #14
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With almost 90 entries at the last count, work is begining on the build of the park this week so it looks like its deffo going ahead!!
Old 28 Jul 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2510024)   #15
Paul Newns
Veteran

Not the same bunch that are building Donington is it?

See everyone there. Glyn and I are looking forward to it.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 04:00 (Ref:2510426)   #16
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good time Terri, Grant, Jen and all my friends over there and visiting.

I would love to work it again, but the IRL still have me down for Mid-Ohio on 7-9th August, then I change ship and work for IMSA at Road America and Mosport before coming home for Goodwood.

See you all soon.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2511215)   #17
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
See everyone there. Glyn and I are looking forward to it.
What times your ferry Paul? Pop in and see the legends testing at Anglesey before you go to Holyhead.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2511459)   #18
Paul Newns
Veteran

That means getting Glyn organised earlier! So the chances are slim but I had thought about popping in.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2511486)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
well looks like we'll have a full house, but should be some good craic anyway!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2511836)   #20
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
well looks like we'll have a full house, but should be some good craic anyway!
If I wasn't so skint I'd be there with the McDonalds enjoying the weekend. At least it gives me a year to save up! Hope everyone at the Park has a fantastic time. Have a Guinness or ten for me!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2515608)   #21
Mad Mattie
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Hi All,

Sign-On will be between 7:00am & 8:00 on both mornings on drivers left hand side of the main straight in 1 of the Portacabins.

The roads will close at 7:00am and the only access after this time will via The Ashtown Gate.

For ease of entry you will need an officals pass. Please ensure that you can collect a pass either on Wednesday or Friday. Please contact myself to obtain a pass.

Lunches will be provided on both days.

Regards,
Mattie
Old 4 Aug 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2515702)   #22
Paul Newns
Veteran

Hi, Mattie

Glyn and I won't be arriving until Friday afternoon. We are staying with Terri and Grant. Can you give them passes for us both, please.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2518623)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well that was a very interesting weekend! Hope everyone had a good weekend and hope to see you all again in Ireland soon!
Old 10 Aug 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2518753)   #24
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Thanks to all the marshals for your support over the weekend, especially the ones at mountjoy who helped when i done a considerable amount of damage to my car!!
Old 10 Aug 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2518769)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni View Post
Thanks to all the marshals for your support over the weekend, especially the ones at mountjoy who helped when i done a considerable amount of damage to my car!!
You're welcome! You owe us chocolate!!!