Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Dec 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2806939)   #1
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Senna article in F1 Racing

I'm in the middle of of one of those special offers that F1 Racing do quite regularly as bait for for a regular subscription. 3 copies for a £1, which is obviously a good deal.

It took ages for the offer to be activated, but it's worked out very well as the first issue I received was the F1 Season Review one, which is always a good read.

However, the second issue arrived yesterday and has stopped me in my tracks. There's a photo of Senna on the cover and inside there's a long article by Ian Harrison, who was Williams' team manager at the time of the Imola tragedy and in it he tells the story of that weekend entirely from his perspective, without any frills and fancies. The article has been ghosted by Matt James, but it's written in the first person and sounds exactly as though it is Ian Harrison talking.

There are no revelations, nothing especially new, but I read it once and was spellbound, so then I read it again and I'm about to read it for a third time. If I weren't on this special deal, I would happily have paid the cover price of £4.60 for this issue, just for the article, it's that good.

Just my opinion, of course, but if you're not a subscriber I suggest you have a look at this January issue in the newsagents, read a couple of pages of the article and then see if you think it's worth buying.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2806988)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might go to my local WHSmith and tear the pages out.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2807013)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
deviating off topic a bit, about the magazine in general - has the pompous crap reduced in quantity over the past year?
Old 21 Dec 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2807045)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I can't really tell from my sort re-acquaintance, but I imagine so. Bishop has gone to McLaren (suits you, sir!) and Windsor has gone god knows where, so those moves should help.

Actually, if anyone wants to try the 3 for £1 deal you could try phoning 0845 124 7040, but stipulate that it must start with the current issue.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2807051)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's good - bishop and windsor were the main creators of the sort of offensive patronising crap that made me cancel my subscription in the first place. can't say i'm keen to take up every issue again, but this one might be worth a punt to pass the time over the christmas holidays!
Old 31 Dec 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2809634)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I've subscribed for about the last 10 years i reckon and i was going to cancel it about 4 years ago but never got round to it. I think it's ok value for a nights read at work to be honest, the fact that i can't stand Peter Windsor and he's now no longer in the magazine is a bonus!
Old 15 Jan 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2816166)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that's good - bishop and windsor were the main creators of the sort of offensive patronising crap that made me cancel my subscription in the first place. can't say i'm keen to take up every issue again, but this one might be worth a punt to pass the time over the christmas holidays!
Same for me really matey, I got so fed up with their stuff, oh and the non racing stuff that ended up fronting the 'news' section. Pah.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2816212)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nearly bought it last night for work, but got Motor Sport instead. Off topic but I bought the latest Maeve Binchy paperback for my Mrs for the same price - content aside that strikes me as a lot of dough for a magazine compared to a book.