Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Nov 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2980184)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 18 - Moto GP 2011, Valencia, Farewell Super Sic

Seems like a short time ago since the tragedy that was Sepang. But things move forward and we have one final race. Not a lot to be said about the GP class. Stoner and Pedrosa will be strong. Lorenzo and Edwards are out. Josh Hayes is replacing Edwards, but I don't think anyone has been announced as a replacement for Lorenzo? Also, this will be the last race for Capirossi.

Moto 2 has now turned into an almost certain title for Bradl. In fact, I'm not sure if Marquez is racing?

In 125, somehow Terrol has not sealed the deal yet. Seems odd that.

And finally, there will be much emotion in regards to Marco Simoncelli. I think it's safe to say that we can expect a lot of tributes, which I'm sure will be quite special.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2980313)   #2
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say wait on offical news on Lorezoro and that news will be with us Wednesday.

one more thing we also saying bye to the 125cc class after this GP to be replaced by Moto3.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2980373)   #3
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Moto 2 has now turned into an almost certain title for Bradl. In fact, I'm not sure if Marquez is racing?
Maquez must undergo a medical checkup today to determine if his double vision has cleared up before he will be allowed to race.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2980779)   #4
skells22
Veteran

well, at least we got a replacement rider for Lorezoro therefore i think 16 bikes on the grid
Old 2 Nov 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2980789)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
Maquez must undergo a medical checkup today to determine if his double vision has cleared up before he will be allowed to race.
He looks very unlikely for the race due to mentioned double vision.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2980875)   #6
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
He looks very unlikely for the race due to mentioned double vision.
It is now confirmed that he will not ride.
Congatulations to Stephan Bradl 2011 Moto2 World Champion.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2980988)   #7
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'd guess Lorenzo's replacement to be the japanese rider from Sepang again (not Akiyoshi, another guy). Hopefully he's getting to grips with the bike, he kept lifting the front when doing dummy-starts on the back straight there.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2980991)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kind of a default champion which is a shame, but like Schwantz in 93 after Rainey had caught him up then crashed.

Shame Marques is gonna be in 2 in 2012, kind of makes it unwatchable!!
Old 3 Nov 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2981260)   #9
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Kind of a default champion which is a shame, but like Schwantz in 93 after Rainey had caught him up then crashed.

Shame Marques is gonna be in 2 in 2012, kind of makes it unwatchable!!
Well you already don't watch MotoGP now you don't have to watch Moto2, that just leaves Moto3. Think of all the spare time you will have.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2981447)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed, more time for BSB and some proper bike racing, no traction control or stupid electronics.

Leave the pedestrian GP racing to those that watch it whether it's any good or not.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2981454)   #11
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Old 4 Nov 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2981510)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
How bout a rain race for that 100th podium for Capirex?
Old 5 Nov 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2981923)   #13
skells22
Veteran

something for Gresini to smile about in Moto2 as both his riders got a one two in qualfying today, meanwhile back at the top class Stoner is on pole
Old 6 Nov 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2982265)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great result for Pirro and Gresini.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2982269)   #15
skells22
Veteran

at least the riders are uninjured after that 1st lap tangle, that should have been stopped as well (that now two races that should have stopped and in this case the Motogp should have been restarted)
Old 6 Nov 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2982274)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why do you think it should have been stopped?
Old 6 Nov 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2982301)   #17
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chunder, your favourite rider bumped fairings with de Angelis and came in fourth! I was going to post in here earlier, but I figured you'd be secretly watching the race anyway.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2982319)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Although the race was sodded up by that first corner "incident" it did keep me awake in the battle for second place and ultimately the" nearly" win !
Maybe they aught to have a sprinkler system for next year !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Nov 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2982327)   #19
skells22
Veteran

four bikes in gravel trap at turn 1 on lap 1 is the reason for my reason for the race to be stopped. at least roll on next year

Last edited by skells22; 6 Nov 2011 at 16:17.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2982354)   #20
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
four bikes in gravel trap at turn 1 on lap 1 is the reason for my reason for the race to be stopped. at least roll on next year
no need to stop the race, all the riders were able to walk away, the bikes werent on the track so even if the marshals couldnt clear up the before the pack came round again yellow flags should of been sufficent to cover it

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 6 Nov 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2982406)   #21
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame about the first corner incident. First and foremost, glad everyone was okay, but secondly what a shame for 4 bikes out the race on the first corner. That's not what an averaged sized grid really needs to put on a show.

Thought it'd become a bit boring with Stoner 10 seconds in front, but the battle for second was hugely entertaining, and the photo finish, wow.

Great race. I'm sure Marco would have enjoyed that.

I haven't been able to see as much MotoGP this year as I'd have liked to, but I really hope 2012 is better. I'll probably see more MotoGP now F1 is on Sky for half the year. Seems to me like there's a lot of exciting talent just below MotoGP, and hopefully grid numbers will improve too.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2982420)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
Chunder, your favourite rider bumped fairings with de Angelis and came in fourth! I was going to post in here earlier, but I figured you'd be secretly watching the race anyway.
Being a big fan of both Im sure Chunder will join me in congratulating Westy and Kenny Noyes on their 4th and 5th places.

I havent seen the M2 race yet but I hoped Michele would win, I just hope the Sky+ got it all. Superb result. In fact good top 5 IMHO
Old 6 Nov 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2982461)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
That's no reason to stop a race if you are referring to depleted numbers (which I thought you were) as opposed to safety reasons.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2982560)   #24
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best race for some time... Kudos to all, actually.

And Casey... I thought Spies had him, but lo and behold, he STILL manages to find a way to win!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2983565)   #25
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
in the overhead replay, it seemed to me that Spies was out on the painted stuff a bit, probably or could have been the diff in drive between him and Stoner (as it appeared that he had at least a numbr of bike lengths on him into the last corner)