Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Sep 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2957691)   #1
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knockhill Rallycross Results

Some results from Knockhill

Supercars
Godfrey, Binks, Procter, Tracey, Doran, Archer, Hill, Scott and Horton

SN
Boak, Simpson, Ryan, Bird

SH
Wielgosz, Peters (Champion), Ellis

Junior Swift
Hills, Thomas, Bellerby

HH
Duke, Simpson, Jones

MX
Wakeling, Edwardes, Bell
Old 19 Sep 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2957979)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Completely missed this post when I logged on earlier, cheers AlamakiRX.

Good result for Godfrey. Looks like a less successful weekend for Scott and Horton though?

That leaves Godfrey out in front of the Championship with one round to go then?
Old 19 Sep 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2957994)   #3
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tough weekend for me to be honest, knockhill hasn't been kind to me on the last few visits up there, but I do love the circuit.

In practise the car felt great and I was totally happy with the setup, but the one thing i did learn is that i need a better setup for the new car in the wet conditions, as it totally transformed the handling form being on rails to been on a rollercoaster! In the first heat i was pushing too hard too soon and clattered the large tyres with the rear nearside of the car at the split between the start straight and the joker lap fairly hard, and I then backed off too much after the knock. The 2nd and 3rd heats where more like swimming races rather than rallycross, the weather was torrential and i was again way to cautious, but still managed to spin in both races (from the lead too heat 2 which i'm still kicking myself about and Pat gave me some grief about! ). In fairness i think nearly every driver on the grid had a spin or two yesterday!

I was paired off against George in the B final which was always going to be a tough task to win, but i gave it everything. He got the jump into the first corner and but I managed to hang with him reasonably well for 2 laps, but after that i ran out of water for the washers as i'd used it all in the first 2 laps trying to follow george as close as i could. Into the later stage of the race, i just could not see anything with mud all over the screen, steaming up on the inside and another spin to cap it off.

On the bright side the car came back in 1 piece and no relighablilty issues this time out, so now it's just time in the seat and getting to grips with the new motor.

Already looking forward to Croft and a better performance from myself at one of my favourite circuits.
Old 19 Sep 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2958002)   #4
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My crude math has it that Julian wins the Championship with 5th or better regardless of anyone else. I am not sure about Scott but Binks needs to win and take FTD and have Godfrey 5th or worse to win.

So, basically it is Julian's to lose and after a great season last year, a first ERC win this year, I doubt he will do that.

However, that is why we race!

Mark
Old 23 Sep 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2960031)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihorton View Post
Tough weekend for me to be honest, knockhill hasn't been kind to me on the last few visits up there, but I do love the circuit...
Doesn't sound like a great weekend, but I guess taking the car out in the wet for the first time is always a learning experience? At least you had a reliable weekend though, so best of luck with the car in Croft!

PS: What happened to the Scoobynet update?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross
So, basically it is Julian's to lose and after a great season last year, a first ERC win this year, I doubt he will do that.
The latest article on Rallycrossworld is now saying that Godfrey has the Championship due to Round 7 being dropped?

Be a shame if thats true as it would have been good to see Binks fighting for the Championship.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2960057)   #6
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
The latest article on Rallycrossworld is now saying that Godfrey has the Championship due to Round 7 being dropped?

Be a shame if thats true as it would have been good to see Binks fighting for the Championship.
According to the Best Buy Rallycross page on Facebook, Binks is still in with a chance of winning it! I guess we'll have to wait on official confirmation!