Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Jan 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3012253)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The Classic Sports Car Club support the BMMC

NEWS FROM AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL

Hugo Holder of Classic Sports Car Club chose the Autosport International Show to present a donation of £1,000 to the British Motorsport Marshals' Club. This is the second donation in as many months, there having been a previous one from drivers' contributions at a recent event.

Classic Sports Car Club is already the most generous of Clubs in terms of the contribution it makes to marshals' expenses who help out at their meetings. It continued to do so during 2011, in a year when most organising clubs found the going tough financially and already has plans for a variety of new benefits for marshals during 2012.

At a time when many marshals are finding it difficult to find the money to continue to marshal, the actions of CSCC are even more appreciated.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3012260)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, even more reason for us all to Marshal as many CSCC meetings as posssible.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3012388)   #3
bigorangeoveralls
Rookie

England
ex pat living in leek land
bigorangeoveralls should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cscc

thanks to cscc for ther support of all marshals
Old 16 Jan 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3012397)   #4
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

good grids, good racing, friendly club, ace cars.
Thanks Hugo and CSCC for that.
Rich S
Old 16 Jan 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3012516)   #5
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic gesture from CSCC, always a good club to marshal for.

Thanks to Hugo and all the team.
Joyce & Brian
Old 16 Jan 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3012517)   #6
robbie_crewe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crewe
robbie_crewe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
NEWS FROM AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL

Hugo Holder of Classic Sports Car Club chose the Autosport International Show to present a donation of £1,000 to the British Motorsport Marshals' Club. This is the second donation in as many months, there having been a previous one from drivers' contributions at a recent event.

Classic Sports Car Club is already the most generous of Clubs in terms of the contribution it makes to marshals' expenses who help out at their meetings. It continued to do so during 2011, in a year when most organising clubs found the going tough financially and already has plans for a variety of new benefits for marshals during 2012.

At a time when many marshals are finding it difficult to find the money to continue to marshal, the actions of CSCC are even more appreciated.
Thank you very much CSCC!!!

Marshal - Oulton Park
Old 17 Jan 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3013013)   #7
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed a very welcome gesture, and a great club to marshal for
Old 17 Jan 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3013119)   #8
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
Indeed a very welcome gesture, and a great club to marshal for
I couldn't agree more Richard. I always look for the CSCC meetings because the action on track is always good to watch and they are great to Marshal for.

A fantastic thing to do.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3013705)   #9
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Always a first on the list club to volunteer for! Brilliant club and great series too. Hugo and the rest are a very generous and welcoming club!
Old 20 Jan 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3014718)   #10
Maranello Man
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
Maranello Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On hearing of this very generous donation, the CSCC event at Donington was one of the first boxes I ticked on this year's availability form. Thank you Hugo and all at the Classic Sports Car Club!
Old 21 Jan 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3014791)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to add my gratitude to this gesture by the CSCC. I look forward to marshalling at a number of their events over the course of 2012.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3014957)   #12
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had already put in my availability to them before this was mentioned, so no influence, but I was just wondering what "variety of new benefits for marshals during 2012" might actually be?, I should make it absolutely clear that I'm not being sarcastic just wondering what that actually means to those on the bank as I wasn't aware that we were going without anything.

Edit: it still sounds ungrateful, it isn't meant to be, I'm sure that everyone is pleased that there is support from the organisers, it is much appreciated,

Last edited by Steve Fox; 21 Jan 2012 at 12:59. Reason: Trying not to sound ungreatful. Unsuccessfully.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3015105)   #13
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to add my thanks to the CSCC for their generous contribution, if only more clubs would follow suit..........
Old 22 Jan 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3015221)   #14
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Milward View Post
Just like to add my thanks to the CSCC for their generous contribution, if only more clubs would follow suit..........
And from the sounds of the thread 2012 A Tough Year for Marshals there seemed to be a number of clubs who wanted to drop any contribution for us completely, to "save money" ?? I just wished they had been named. Soon see how many turn up for them?

The example set by the CSCC is exemplary and should be a model for the other clubs.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3015329)   #15
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
a number of clubs who wanted to drop any contribution for us completely
The error is expecting any contribution in the first place. If a contribution is made it should be accepted with grace and gratitude in the realisation it is something special, no more, no less.
The vast majority of marshals abhor the thought of being paid for our hobby, yet, anticipating a regular contribution is only a whisker away from being paid.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3015331)   #16
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Wow! Im getting it from all sides today!
I appreciate we do it for nowt and the inference was that the clubs who once gave a small gratuity were considering withdrawal of such and the lame explanation that it would save money, yes I suppose it would but at what cost to the organisers in term of Kudos? We are a fickle and materialistic society these days and Im sure Im not alone in that thought.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3015350)   #17
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
(Take it on the chin when others read something into what you've said that you had not intended. A lesson I have definitely learned!)

As mentioned elsewhere, I will not be volunteering for any meetings this year but will show up on the day and do what I can but this depends on what Bill puts down for (see how useful that guest ticket can be).

We had a great time at Anglesey last year but CSCC are only doing a one day meeting this year in May. It is a long way for us to go for just one day but there may be hope since we can't go abroad (while I have the Hickman line) and we might just be in need of a holiday by then... (might, ?????!!!!!!!!) I believe North Wales is lovely about then....?

BTW: What I love about North Wales is that you do feel like you are abroad when you are in the pub and they're talking "foreign" around you, but you don't have to worry about it because they switch to English for you. Best of all worlds and God Bless Welsh Speakers.

Now, as I can't go "abroad" I really am talking myself into this meeting...... (don't tell Bill)!
Old 22 Jan 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3015499)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
BTW: What I love about North Wales is that you do feel like you are abroad when you are in the pub and they're talking "foreign" around you, but you don't have to worry about it because they switch to English for you.
LOL. Depends on the pub - I've had precisely the opposite experience in Aberdyfi. The pub where someone had written on the wall above the urinals "Do your best, the English need the water"!

Going back to the thread, thanks to the CSCC - it's not the payment that counts so much as the gesture that says what we do is appreciated. I don't think I've done one of their meeting, but this puts me in mind to look closely at their fixture list.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3015622)   #19
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Going back to the thread, thanks to the CSCC - it's not the payment that counts so much as the gesture that says what we do is appreciated. I don't think I've done one of their meeting, but this puts me in mind to look closely at their fixture list.
Precisely, and it was this thread that means I'll be heading to their Brands meeting this year - unfortunately, the only one I could fit in with everything else I want to do.

Looks to be a great Bank Holiday Weekend in May...Saturday and Sunday with MGCC then Monday with CSCC!!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3015846)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice gesture from the CSCC. Don't know Hugo but big thanks anyway! Bobert Williams (CofC) is probably the most decent fella I know at the track (That "Smiffy" fella is alright too lol).

Looking forward to helping out when I can
Old 10 Feb 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3024055)   #21
The_Viper
Rookie

United Kingdom
The_Viper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I waited for the CSCC calendar to arrive before even looking at the others. I love marshalling their events, the grids are good, the racing is brilliant and they're a nice group of people - even when they've just come in to visit the marshals for whatever reason!!

I'm not doing the one day at Brands, although I usually do this meeting, but I'm going to Snet, Oulton Park, Mallory and Castle Combe for them and it'll be well worth the travelling!

As for the "bonus" at sign-on, that's much appreciated and helps with the fuel costs, but the thing I really like getting is one of their pens - great to write all the reports with!!!!

Thanks you CSCC for the donation to the BMMC - greatly appreciated.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3024128)   #22
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
Bobert Williams (CofC) is probably the most decent fella I know at the track
Good old Bobert!!!

Yes I enjoy the CSCC meetings , thanx guys!

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”