Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Apr 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3229806)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Sprint Cup Round 6: martinsville

You people are falling down on your job here.

http://www.jayski.com/news/races/201...SCAR-Race-Info

JJ has the pole with Taz outside. Bliss goes home as the only DNQ.
Top ten starters:
Quote:
1 48 Jimmie Johnson
2 9 Marcos Ambrose
3 55 Brian Vickers
4 22 Joey Logano
5 5 Kasey Kahne
6 24 Jeff Gordon
7 2 Brad Keselowski
8 20 Matt Kenseth
9 99 Carl Edwards
10 39 Ryan Newman
Jayski
Old 6 Apr 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3229824)   #2
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping someone I root for wins, nobody gets hurt, and the record for caution flag laps remains intact.

Jimmie is fast, Danica is slow, the only newsworthy piece in Qualifying is that in the 11 car, Mark Martin is slower than Danica.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3229827)   #3
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see Ambrose with some pace again, hopefully a good race from him. Think I read he has changed crew cheifs again???
Old 6 Apr 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3229890)   #4
Samford
Rookie

Samford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the POS has Q'd second. Hopefully he's forgotten his balaclava.
Be nice if be could loose his towering ego too.

NASCAR, you're welcome to him- and thanks for taking him off our hands.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3229909)   #5
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Ambrose earns millions in NASCAR and not even running at the top, murphy can't even get a fulltime drive in the V8SC's lmao.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3229915)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
Jimmie is fast, Danica is slow, the only newsworthy piece in Qualifying is that in the 11 car, Mark Martin is slower than Danica.
Mark Martin HATES Martinsville, but still. Let's see where they finish in a crowd.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3229982)   #7
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samford View Post

Strong words in one of your only two posts to date. I have been following V8SC and Marcos Ambrose for a dozen years or so, and you are the only person I have ever seen post anything negative about him.

If you think HIS ego is overblown, may I introduce you to the NASCAR Cup series, as the whole lot is far more egotistical than Ambrose has ever shown to be.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3229984)   #8
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Ambrose earns millions in NASCAR and not even running at the top, murphy can't even get a fulltime drive in the V8SC's lmao.
Short of being an owner/driver, I don't think that after the 2011 and 2012 seasons that Murph could even BUY his way into a seat.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3229987)   #9
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
Truck Series on NOW!!!
Old 6 Apr 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3230064)   #10
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great truck race, some of the future stars of the sport duking it out, and in the end Johnny beat them all again.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3230088)   #11
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the only newsworthy piece in Qualifying is that in the 11 car, Mark Martin is slower than Danica.
The good news is that in order to salvage Marks reputation, SHR are going to change the engine. Princess moves to the back of the grid.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3230095)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good omen, i am in Marcos' homeland of Tasmania for the V8 Supercar round & the Tassie devil qualifies in P2 - maybe i should move here
Old 7 Apr 2013, 05:45 (Ref:3230192)   #13
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
You people are falling down on your job here.
Sorry boss. I'll try to pick up the slack. Don't have much else going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samford View Post

I'm a Holden man and I say, we'll take him. He will make a fine sportscar driver after his Nascar career is over. Also, he is the single biggest reason we get to see every round of the V8s and getting the round in the US this year.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3230377)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Truck Series on NOW!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Great truck race, some of the future stars of the sport duking it out, and in the end Johnny beat them all again.
Since we don't have a Trucks series thread yet, this seems to be a good place to discuss; like the way we used to do it here back in the day....

Chase Elliott finishes 6th in his debut. Kept it pretty clean through the first half (missed the last half of the race) and got down to around 15th at one point. Somehow gets back up towards the front...awesome. Was it a combo of pitstops and M'ville or what?

Nice to see a lot of young guys in the series doing battle up front...really think this makes it interesting and what the series should really be about.

On that opposite note...How the hell did Hornaday get back to 10th? When I left the house, there was about 5 guys "going Clarkson" on the left side of his truck, beating it back it place.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3230459)   #15
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
17 laps in and Danica spins out after trying to pass Ken Schrader.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3230466)   #16
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Danica is such a great driver she likes doing victory donuts even before the finish of the race.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3230531)   #17
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm actually reasonably impressed with Danica so far today. She's certainly giving as good as she gets for a change.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3230548)   #18
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Easily the most impressive run by Danica so far.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3230587)   #19
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
8th win for Jimmie Johnson at Martinsville.

Could Richard Petty's 15 be in danger?
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3230605)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I'm actually reasonably impressed with Danica so far today. She's certainly giving as good as she gets for a change.
Yes, since I posted my remark above she suddenly came to life. Thanks Danica.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3230654)   #21
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
One thing... I do not see how the 48 was at speed under that one caution where he got passed (back to P5). It would have made a better show had NASCAR not given him back the lead at that point.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 01:56 (Ref:3230667)   #22
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was another good race, although it was usually further back in the back.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3230819)   #23
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica drove very well, good for her - good to see her pass the boss too, bet that was a nervous move
Glad Ambrose got to the end & finally got a half decent result... Can anyone beat Johnson & Hendricks this year, looking ominous!

Not a bad race overall, i like Martinsville - will have to add that one to the bucket list
Old 8 Apr 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3230852)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
NASCAR needs more places like Martinsville. Princess did well, surprisingly so.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 02:45 (Ref:3231276)   #25
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
NASCAR needs more places like Martinsville. Princess did well, surprisingly so.
I didn't think Denny was racing?