Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2001, 03:08 (Ref:141542)   #1
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Non F1 tracks that would make a good F1 race

So does anybody know of any non F1 tracks that would provide good entertainment if the F1 cars were to have a race there. One that springs to mind for me is "Leguna Seca", I would love to see those F1 cars negotiating their way around the "corkscrew" turn(that would be exciting). Road America and Mid-Ohio would also be great tracks for an F1 race(IMO). What are your thoughts.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 04:32 (Ref:141552)   #2
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those American circuit's aren't safe enough..........

How about Zandvoort,Jerez,Brno??
Old 5 Sep 2001, 04:58 (Ref:141555)   #3
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
Those American circuit's aren't safe enough..........

How about Zandvoort,Jerez,Brno??
And Bathurst,plus i would like an oval to replace Hungary.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 05:45 (Ref:141557)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brno would be hopeless. Bikes find it hard to pass there.

I think any of the 289 tracks I've designed over the past 3 years would make for fantastic racing. Only one problem - none of them exist........yet.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 05:49 (Ref:141558)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Road America - a fabulous circuit which reminds many of Brands Hatch, but there would have to be dramatic improvements in facilities and track safety.

Bathurst - the best circuit in the southern hemisphere, but doesn't really suit F1. Way too dangerous going across the top of the mountain.

Zandvoort (old one) - unlikely as F1 wants to move out of Europe so unless two other events were dropped.....

Zhuhai - as China becomes more open to the West, having an F1 race would do the country, and the sport, a lot of good. However, reports from JV about the track itself were quite negative

Hermanos Rodriguez (Mexico City) - now this was a great circuit. Bumpy, fast but tight and dangerous, particularly the last corner Peralta. But Mexico isn't a favourable destination.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 07:10 (Ref:141578)   #6
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY

And Bathurst,plus i would like an oval to replace Hungary.
I agree with you AGGY , Bathurst would be awesome, though probably not too safe.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 07:13 (Ref:141580)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mexico City, that would be good. Isn't CART racing there next year?

Bathurst, too would be good, but it will never happen. What we really need is a track in Eastern Europe that is better than the Hungaroring, which is hopeless.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 07:14 (Ref:141581)   #8
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tanalised

I agree with you AGGY , Bathurst would be awesome, though probably not too safe.
Would you hazard a guess which car is safer,the v8 supercar or the F1 car.

To me Bathurst is like Spa.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:10 (Ref:141593)   #9
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mexico City, that would be good.
Quote:
Jerez
I think these used to be Formula One tracks, but the FIA Moved away from these venues. Mexico was funded by Don Pedro Rodrigeuz, which was one of the reasons the F1 cars went there. The race scheduled for 1997 was cancelled over a lack of facilities, and it did not re-appear. It was often the last race of the championship, and the title was decided there in 1964, 1967 and 1968. 15 GPs were held there in total.

Jerez hosted the Spanish GP from 86-90inc, and also the European Grand Prix in 1994 and 1997.

Perhaps now with the problems stemming from the Spa race, F1 could decided to alternate each year between Spa and Zandvoort!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:55 (Ref:141603)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brno is very flat and non-descript, aside from it's pleasant setting. Then again, it would do as an alternative to the naff tracks currently hold races in Spain, the USA and Malaysia...

I for one have always been a fan of Aida, don't know why. And bring back Adelaide!!!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:55 (Ref:141605)   #11
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YEAH! theres some truly great tracks around that wouldn't take much to make safe enough.I agree with most of the ones mentioned.Unfortunately politics get in the way.Road america has for years been a prime candidate for an american race-it's just that a certain short arse boss wants too much money for an f1 race,instead of putting in a little effort and giving the fans what they want(& building up a truly huge fan base!).F1 (at present)is just too greedy.
Spa was allmost lost recently-just because they tried to stand up to the tobaco advertising.Bernie was more interested in advertising tobaco than having the greatest track on the calender!!!
Sorry about the winge.You guy's really have got me dreaming about f1 on those tracks!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 09:00 (Ref:141606)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
brands hatch.
but don't even think about changing ANYTHING to let them come and play. oh no. it's a great track as it is...
Old 5 Sep 2001, 10:01 (Ref:141627)   #13
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ditto Bella.

Paddock Hill Bend,
Druids,
Pilgrims Drop,
Hawthotns Hill and Bend,
Westfield,
Dingle Dell,
Clearways,
Clark curve....

Yep leave it as it is, don't EVER change it.

Its our own mini Spa Francorchamps....
Old 5 Sep 2001, 10:49 (Ref:141663)   #14
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
Perhaps now with the problems stemming from the Spa race, F1 could decided to alternate each year between Spa and Zandvoort!

How about a Benelux GP? It would alternate between Zandvoort, Spa and the Nurburgring.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 14:56 (Ref:141842)   #15
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think donington was a good one!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 15:01 (Ref:141849)   #16
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to see them race about Laguna Seca. that track has huge elevation changes, extremely challenging corners in the Andretti curve and the Corkscrew. A driver cannot put a tire off either as the sand provides zero traction.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 15:04 (Ref:141853)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jiggly_puff
i think donington was a good one!
The 93 GP was great. It was a privelige to be there!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 15:06 (Ref:141855)   #18
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
yeah so bring it back!!!!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 15:09 (Ref:141858)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Brands is still better though and the UK isnt going to get 2 races so bring brands back. Donington was special mainly for 1. A stunning opening lap by a departed one follwed by 2. A stunning race in an underpowered machine by a departed one.

There were a fair few pit stops as well...
Old 5 Sep 2001, 15:11 (Ref:141861)   #20
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the old glorious circuits of La douce France, Clermont-Ferrand, has been restored for circuit use with a new pitcomplex (a small one ) and curbs. Most off the run-off areas have been built a few years ago already but there's so little maintance the weeds are growing through the gravel already. Currently only a few minor French series are being run there. But it's a beautiful track where a revival of F1 would be absolutely marvellous.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 17:53 (Ref:141969)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I would like to add Kyalami in South Africa to the list. Like Brands it has the undulations that make for good spectating and yet is wide enough for current F1 cars to overtake, some breathtaking bends as well. Oh well, dream on Stephen, Bernie won't go there because of money etc...
Old 5 Sep 2001, 18:15 (Ref:141985)   #22
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
yeah........kyalami would be cool!!!!!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 21:15 (Ref:142082)   #23
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't see it starting the season on January 1st once again though!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 21:25 (Ref:142090)   #24
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If someone built Red Rock Valley Speedway from Gran Turismo 2... that would be the best ever - banked first turn, fast coners followed by hairpins, wicked....
Other than that bring back Osteichring in its old form - can anyone remember Andreas accident in 85? or the startline shunt in 87!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 21:29 (Ref:142094)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sadly not Andy. It still has a current F1 track license but the money isn't there. They were promisd a GP by Bernie about three years ago. Once again it came to nout!