Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2002, 21:39 (Ref:303858)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Brawn, Byrne and Todt follow MS out of Ferrari?

I do find F1 a little boring with the Ferrari dominance, but I do not want them to go back into another 21 year slump when MS leaves them.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 22:40 (Ref:303886)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They probably won't all stay at Ferarri forever. Better offers will probably come around at some time.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 01:17 (Ref:303985)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will follow him home like little ducklings in a row and wait in a row where he tells them to stand, for him to kick them up the backside and then they will say "Thank you Mr. Schumacher!" in grateful chorus. For the rest of their lives.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 06:59 (Ref:304080)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No. But that's because Michael Schumacher will not leave Ferrari. For another team that is. By the way, I'm sure that better offers will come around (if not already) but Ferrari are able to make an even better one. Hmmm, and that brings the "overpaid" issue back again.

PS: Luca di Montezemolo already offered him a contract for 100 years.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 07:44 (Ref:304092)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is rumoured that TGF may not finish his contract with Ferrari if he wins his 5th WDC this year, but I doubt Todt and Co. will leave until at least 2004.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:01 (Ref:304228)   #6
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am afraid they'll have a plan to rule the world then.That's the only thing they haven't done yet.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:07 (Ref:304232)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
it was rumoured that the toad was retiring at the end of last season, then put back to this year?! ross brawn will go to jag if they are still in existance when tgf goes from ferrari!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:13 (Ref:304241)   #8
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the dream team will be there until 2004
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:14 (Ref:304242)   #9
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
That Jaguar rumor was started by ITV (a very "intelligent" guy who signs his stories as "The Mole"). And it wasn't exactly a rumor: Jaguar would hire everyone (and actually contacted almost everyone) who has the slightest idea about what's Formula 1 about. (and they got Nigel Stepney anyway, but that was after the rumor was started)

The "Todt leaving Ferrari" rumor was started by ITV as well, but was more wishful thinking, based on the fact that his contract was expiring. I don't know what makes you think that Michael would not race at least in 2003 and 2004.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:21 (Ref:304247)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Jaguar would hire everyone (and actually contacted almost everyone) who has the slightest idea about what's Formula 1 about. (and they got Nigel Stepney anyway, but that was after the rumor was started)

Stepney at Ferrari? thats a new one on me.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:23 (Ref:304251)   #11
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
He WAS at Ferrari, and quite an important role. He's now (or at least was last year) at Jaguar. (the guy that broke his ankle at Barcelona 2000 incident, remember?)

Last edited by Red; 4 Jun 2002 at 10:23.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:30 (Ref:304255)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
yer, i know the guy, it's just that in Wrex's light-hearted anti-schumacher thread, i'm sure Stepney was mentioned. but i'm sure your right, i'd just not heard that he'd left.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:33 (Ref:304258)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Well, actually I'm not 100% sure of that either. :confused: Got that rumor from... doesn't matter... not an extremely reliable source (no-no, it's not f1 racing or ITV)
Old 4 Jun 2002, 13:54 (Ref:304445)   #14
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel Stepney is still at Ferrari. He is the Race Technical Manager.

The dream team.
Montezemolo (President), Todt (Director), Brawn (Technical Director), Martinelli (Engine Tech Director), Domenicali (Sporting Director), Stephney (Race Tech Manager), Baldisserri (Schumis Race Engineer), Delli Colli (rubins race engineer), M.Shumacher (best driver out there), Barrichello (ok driver)
Old 4 Jun 2002, 15:03 (Ref:304502)   #15
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally posted by Champ69
Nigel Stepney is still at Ferrari. He is the Race Technical Manager.
Good!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 16:02 (Ref:304550)   #16
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel Ferrari have set themselves up for a fall with the way the team has been managed over the last 8 years or so. Granted they have gained great success but when a team is built around a single driver you can never achieve long term succes. After Schu leaves (which he will do very soon) most of the tech crew will be dispersed up and down the pit lane to get better money or simply a new challenge. With this will come another 21 year slump before Ferrari realise that its a team sport.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 22:29 (Ref:304837)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Todt, Brawn and Byrne will stay at Ferrari when MS will hang his helmet. But MS could hang his helmet and not leave Ferrari, and stay again as team consultor, like Lauda did at early 90s in the team.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 22:44 (Ref:304846)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think Rubens would enjoy having TGF as his "team consultor"? Would Prost have enjoyed having Senna as HIS boss?

I think it'd be the same thing as if Jean Alesi stayed at Jordan as a consultant to Sato. "GET OUT OF MY CAR, YOU -- you don't know what you are doing!" Alesi had the grace to admit it and move on. I am betting money TGF will not be so astute. After all, what else has he got in his life except whatever legacy is still floating after Austria?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 06:44 (Ref:305018)   #19
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola
I think Todt, Brawn and Byrne will stay at Ferrari when MS will hang his helmet. But MS could hang his helmet and not leave Ferrari, and stay again as team consultor, like Lauda did at early 90s in the team.
Yep, that's the plan.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 07:29 (Ref:305027)   #20
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Yeah..and why would they leave or Ferrari to discontinue their contracts as they are very good at what they do
Old 5 Jun 2002, 07:50 (Ref:305034)   #21
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola

yeah, much good lauda did as a"consulter" at ferrari.
apart from sitting on the pit wall, he did jack shi*!!!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 00:39 (Ref:305889)   #22
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I am a lifelong fan of Ferrari - since I've been 4 years old! Though this team has been incredibly successful, I would like to see new blood at Ferrari - in both the cars and behind the scenes.

Michael has the right...ahem... personality to be a team boss, but with money he has, why would he dream of it?

Maybe Lauda as a team boss at Ferrari might be a nice fit, with a rejuvinated Newey designing the cars? Fisichella in one car, and a young gun like Massa in the other?? Just dreaming...
Old 6 Jun 2002, 01:46 (Ref:305917)   #23
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
You have got to be kidding even to mention Lauda to be the boss at Ferrari. And Newey? His team fumbled with the front wing setup early last year until the beginning of the season. Having them would be a disaster for sure!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 02:21 (Ref:305927)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Well, when Lauda joined his current team, it was quite a mess. Give him some time. And anyone who knows anything about engineering knows what Newey is capable of.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 02:25 (Ref:305930)   #25
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
I'd rather go with Gascoyne as he's doing a splendid job with Renault.