Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Aug 2002, 03:36 (Ref:363378)   #1
allen_overy
Racer

allen_overy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where will Frentzen be?

With the grid pretty much sewn up(Irvine to be at Jordan, Webber at Toyota), HHF is more likely to be competing for openings either at Jag or Sauber. For Jag, if Irvine did go, HHF's possible competitors will be McNish or Webber(depends on whom being ousted by the Cologue outfit). Recently there has been less talk on Massa being removed from Sauber but if Peter Sauber gets fed up with furious wild young guns he may choose to have HHF.

Personally i hope Toyota will consider HHF, since he is extremely quick and has many years of expereince in F! and will provide the right input to the development of the Toyota. McNish's expereince is good and he has performed very well regrads to Salo(if Salo is used as benchmark) considering that many of the tracks are new to him. I wish to see him in an F1 car next year and hope he will replace Massa at SWauber, if he loses his Toyota drive.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 03:41 (Ref:363381)   #2
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Where will Frentzen be?

I've just visited the www.sauber-petronas.com website's forum, some members there are pretty sure that Verstappen might get a drive with the sauber team and Massa relegated to testing roles.

It makes sense because of the strong relationship between Michael and Verstappen.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 05:13 (Ref:363389)   #3
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who drops Massa for the likes of Verstappen is a fool, in my book. If Sauber cant tell - that Massa is a huge star in the making - then the old man needs to get his eyes checked!

As far as Frentzen goes - he's certainly been moving a lot the last 2 years hasnt he! I reckon Toyota would be a good option though that would leave Toyota with two drivers - the wrong side of 30 - Salo and Frentzen.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 07:03 (Ref:363440)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HHF could very well end up at Sauber, depending on how well Massa performs in the final four races. If Massa keeps racing like he did in Hungary, then Massa will have no problems holding onto his seat.

HHF could be in the running for a Jaguar seat as well. Ford want to sell cars in Germany, and nothing better than having a German racing the car. But wherever he goes it is still his third back-of-the-grid team in a row - Prost, then Arrows, then whoever is next.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 11:02 (Ref:363551)   #5
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HHF to Sauber . im sure that will happen . Shame for Massa i suppose .
Old 22 Aug 2002, 11:18 (Ref:363565)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to see HHF at Sauber, but I think its less likely than Jag but slightly more possible than TOYOTA. Massa has certainly lookedbetter recently and may finally found a way to be fast and stay on track.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 11:58 (Ref:363595)   #7
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Autosport reckon he was on the verge of signing for Sauber when a second offer from Toyota, (with more money attached than the one he apparently turned down a couple of weeks ago) arrived- if this is true, then it looks like Toyota really want HHF on board next year
Old 22 Aug 2002, 12:16 (Ref:363608)   #8
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frentzen would be better off at Sauber than Jaguar, definitely.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 13:41 (Ref:363658)   #9
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ya think. I recon they are doing really well so I would love to see him there. Jag just sux at the moment and I don't see it getting better soon
Old 22 Aug 2002, 18:59 (Ref:363841)   #10
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be a disgrace to drop Massa for Frentzen. He had his chance at Williams and it didn't work out. Time to go home HHF. Massa can race Heidfeld, Frentzen has only Bernoldi and a clapped out Hill on his CV. This would be a big step back for Sauber if it happened. Frentzen belongs at Jag, they would suit each other.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 21:15 (Ref:363949)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
also HHF keeps stauling his cars on the grid(at least 3 times last year and 3 times this year).
Old 22 Aug 2002, 21:21 (Ref:363954)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
But he's still done a better job than Jos did Steve!
Old 23 Aug 2002, 01:45 (Ref:364126)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps a career in the USA would do you well HHF? There were rumours flying round a few years ago that HHF may have been off to the CART Series. Well, now would be the best time to do it. The only seats he's had of late have been with rear-end teams. Perhaps it's time to move on.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 10:57 (Ref:364337)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now could be a good time for anyone to go to CART, the series ahs good management and is on the way back up. Sauber or Toyota would make better options for HH now, he has proved this seaosn that he is as good as ever.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 15:00 (Ref:364512)   #15
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
But he's still done a better job than Jos did Steve!
He scored 2 points with a COSWORTH engine, Jos scored 1 with an ASIATECH, so I don't see why HHF has done better in your eyes
Old 23 Aug 2002, 17:35 (Ref:364581)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Jos did a full season with Asiatech engines... Heinz-Harald just what, 8 or 9 races?

And not always it's a fault of the drivers to be stuck on the grid.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 17:37 (Ref:364583)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
6 times in 2 seasons??(I rest my case)
Old 23 Aug 2002, 18:05 (Ref:364594)   #18
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think that Heinz should be looking for a bit of stability, and he would be most likely to get a multi-year deal out of Toyota than Sauber. Not to mention the German connection, with Toyota being based there. So if I were him, that is where Id go.

Old 23 Aug 2002, 21:28 (Ref:364727)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And to rest your case... Cosworth engines aren't that good... they blew at Silverstone and at Hockenheim... the last two decent entries for Arrows.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 21:46 (Ref:364738)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
And to rest your case... Cosworth engines aren't that good... they blew at Silverstone and at Hockenheim... the last two decent entries for Arrows.
Weren't they in a points scoring position when the engines blew?
Old 23 Aug 2002, 21:55 (Ref:364746)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
In Silverstone HHF was in 6th when his engine blew(because it has a lot of power, Jag just don't know how to build a car around it, but it is certainly in the top 4 of most powerfull engines)
Old 24 Aug 2002, 06:43 (Ref:364876)   #22
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frentzen has good development skills - so maybe someone like Jaguar or BAR could use him as a test driver. I think he could help them a long way...though obviously Frentzen would rather race than test.

As for the Cosworth engine, its a good, competitive engine. Even BMW and Mercedes have had blow outs in points scoring positions - what counts is the overall pace.
Old 24 Aug 2002, 09:42 (Ref:364927)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
In Silverstone HHF was in 6th when his engine blew
(because it has a lot of power,)
What about Mark Webber who managed 2 points with the Asia tech at Australia, i know it was a race of attrition, but there were a few of them last season.
Old 24 Aug 2002, 10:26 (Ref:364959)   #24
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Yes, Mark scored 2 points, but the only real competition for that place was Salo, when Jos scored his point in Austria last season he had both Villeneuve and Irvine behind him.
Old 24 Aug 2002, 10:34 (Ref:364963)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
And the BAR and especially the Jaguar were any better than the Toyota?