Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:43 (Ref:403950)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Congratulations Ferrari

I would like to start a thread to genuinely congratulate Ferrari on their incredible acheivement. They produced a car that is more clearly in front of the oppposition than I think anyone has in the past. Not only that but they have made virtually unbreakable. Forgetting all the controversial issue to acheive that when competing against the brilliance of Williams and MacLaren is something special.

This thread is about the engineering achievment and NOT about tactics

Please dont turn this into the usual debate.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:52 (Ref:403960)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F... oh i can't bad talk Ferrari here... I'm off!
Ciao!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:54 (Ref:403962)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well...they have a nice car, nice red...
Nice communications center too...
And the pitcrew have fancy helmets...

Can't think of more positive things from Ferrari...
Old 14 Oct 2002, 16:42 (Ref:404011)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh

Can't think of more positive things from Ferrari...
Then take your own advice and make yourself scarce

Congrats Ferrari on a performance so dominant and so completely utterly embarrassing to your competition, that the only source of controversy all season was the order in which your two drivers finished the race!

Well done, and FORZA FERRARI forever...
Old 14 Oct 2002, 16:43 (Ref:404013)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 14 Oct 2002, 17:16 (Ref:404035)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

Slap me silly and call me a donkey!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 17:16 (Ref:404036)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look at the whole field - every single other team has managed to perform substantially above and below their potential. Only one team has been almost totally consistent, and not only that but consistently streets ahead of the others - so yes indeed... well done Ferrari.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 18:25 (Ref:404086)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would like to congratulate Ferrari on producing such a awesome machine.

well done !
Old 14 Oct 2002, 18:39 (Ref:404095)   #9
Ferrari27
Rookie

Ferrari27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Schumi and the whole team for producing what is one of the most dominant combinations in history
Old 14 Oct 2002, 19:16 (Ref:404135)   #10
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to ferrai and schumi. Sometimes we all get carried away [especially this season] at ferrari here at 10 tenths but one day we will look back and think that was one hell of a car and one hell of a driver. Well done.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 19:50 (Ref:404156)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

One hell of a car - Yes
One hell of a driver - No
Old 14 Oct 2002, 20:29 (Ref:404198)   #12
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I flunked my cut & paste lesson (software glitch) so I will say Mr. Random Assortment of Keystrokes that I agree with pole2pole. Ferrari's achievemnt is nothing short of amazing - their focus on the goal has been unbelievable. Schumi Sr, for all his faults still should be commended for helping put that team together, keeping it together and when he had to, driving the wheels off of that car!

I know that each forum member is entitled to their own opinion and the right to voice it, but please could we all just once stick to the well-articulated purpose of the thread and not mention words like: "Jerez" "contract" etc?

Frank Williams, the boys at Mc and perhaps even Eddie Jordan probably lay awake at night wishing it were them instead of Ferrari who had achieved this.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 21:24 (Ref:404241)   #13
JR27
Racer

JR27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to also salute Scuderia Ferrari on their fantastic year....congrats to Luca, Jean, Ross, Rory, Nigel, Michael, Rubinho, Luca(2), Luciano, and all the other engineers & mechanics who played a role in the teams extraordinary year. Enjoy your week off....and good luck next year!

Murph
Old 14 Oct 2002, 22:00 (Ref:404284)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

Ok, ok, i agree... that there is no question about the things that MS and Ferrari have achieved together are... uuhm... well... good? anyway, too bad Jacques & BAR couldn't do the same...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 14 Oct 2002 at 22:01.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 22:03 (Ref:404286)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

That was for me probably the most dificult thing to say...

AAAAaargghhh!! *trauma*
Old 14 Oct 2002, 22:31 (Ref:404311)   #16
zootv
Rookie

zootv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, IMO they have a good team with a perfect chemistry between the main players (Michael, Jean, Ross, Rory and Rubens). But they're not always very kind to the fans, who want real racing. It has hurt me a lot during 2002.

And, to be honest, Rubens can only drive the second car because it's necessary to participate with two cars.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Rubens as a driver and as a person, but I really think Ferrari, and especially Michael and Jean, wouldn't be too unhappy if there would only be one driver in the team... But that's a totally different discussion...

So, I really can't congratulate Ferrari for what they've done this year.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 22:37 (Ref:404315)   #17
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Congratulations Ferrari

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
I know that each forum member is entitled to their own opinion and the right to voice it, but please could we all just once stick to the well-articulated purpose of the thread and not mention words like: "Jerez" "contract" etc?
"Adelaide" ?
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
Please dont turn this into the usual debate.

Ok, ok, seriously..., Ferrari was the best of the best on "Engineering" terms, that's a fact. Congratulations.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 22:37 (Ref:404316)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

There was not much "briliance" from Williams and Mclaren to start with, so it's only normal that Ferrari had such a... uhm.. good year...
Old 14 Oct 2002, 22:56 (Ref:404331)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good year for Ferrari. Er, good job.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 23:09 (Ref:404339)   #20
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am happy for all Ferrari fans that have been following this team for ages ... as a religion.
Ferrari had very bad years in a recent past, so this is the time for them to enjoy their share of sucess.

Congratz to all of you Ferraristi ... Congratz to Schummy !

I just hope that next year i can write the same about F1 ... in general!
Old 15 Oct 2002, 00:19 (Ref:404364)   #21
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congrats to Ferrari, Michael & Rubens on an incredible season!

But more importantly, congratulations on raising the bar and setting a standard of performance and reliability that will FORCE the competition to work harder and create an even better F1 spectacle in years to come.

Some day we'll all remember with a chuckle some fans paranoia that Ferrari would dominate forever.
Old 15 Oct 2002, 01:45 (Ref:404389)   #22
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Spritle
Some day we'll all remember with a chuckle some fans paranoia that Ferrari would dominate forever.
That would be what in what?....5-6 years? Ferrari are like 2 years ahead in terms of innovation and technically well ahead of the rest of the teams, while other teams might be able to copy or come up with a better car that can compete with the F2002...Ferrari would simply be light years ahead

YES! congratulations to the entire team but not to Luca
Old 15 Oct 2002, 02:12 (Ref:404397)   #23
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a Tifoso, I'm a Schumoso. However, fair is fair and the whole gang (Schumi, Luca, Jean, Rory, Ross, Rubinho and the test drivers and pit crew)deserve a heartfelt:

FORZA FERRARI !!

:Beer:

May the memories of the 2002 season last them a lifetime as fresh as they are today. It doesn't get any better !!

Cheers,

RT
Old 15 Oct 2002, 02:21 (Ref:404400)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Slap me silly and call me a donkey!
Hey Donkey, come here!!

I have to say, what a car! Blinding fast on all tracks and bullet proof reliability have made it a lethal weapon indeed. And in the hands of a master like Michael Schumacher, this season was over as soon as it started.

Congratulations

Now slow down, just a little.