Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 2003, 13:59 (Ref:498466)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Firman - how well will he do?

OK. Rather surprisingly Ralph Firman was signed by Jordan. Surprising, not because he is unknown, but because I thought F1 teams were quiet narrow minded in there selection nowadays.

Overall I am glad he was signed. He had a good season last year (winning one and nearly two titles). He has a good background of championships/wins (more than say Button, Kimi or Davidson). And he has a lot, although not F1, experience.

He is up against one of the best Fisi (whether Fisi is really top draw or not he is clearly vastly experienced and quick).

Also there is the issue of money. He is getting paid, but it is clear (I think) that he has brought a lot of money to the team. However think about it, there are a lot of drivers out there who have brought sponsorship with them. Even Michael is worth something in this respect. So does the fact that you bring sponsorship.

So how well will he do?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:03 (Ref:498470)   #2
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam: Don't be hijacking threads..

Heres a link to the original thread:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=33287
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:03 (Ref:498471)   #3
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Jolly well I think.

What a smashing chap he seems to be.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:11 (Ref:498477)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Adam , it may be a good idea to merge some threads - we currently have 5 different 'Firman' threads running at the minute!

ST
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:11 (Ref:498479)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry av8rirl, it is just an idea. The other thread is closed and this is on a different subject: Discussing how Firman will do next year, whereas the other one didn't appear to be
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:18 (Ref:498484)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he can do okay, unlike Sato he has a lot of experience and has shown reasonably well. The standard in Nippon is certainly not as high as F3000, but its produced Irvine, Frentzen, De La Rosa and Ralf. It would've been ebtter if this cahnce had come along 5 years ago, and I'm sure £ explain why Davidson didn't get the drive. But there'll be other chances for Ant, and Ralph was in danger of being forgotten. Eddie doesn't sign many duds, Sato was something of a one-off,a nd I'm sure Ralph can do it.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:20 (Ref:498488)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ok here are the 5 threads:

1) This one: Discussing how he will do now (well not yet, but hopefully it will!)

2) Firman - oh no not another journeyman! Bash, argument thread. Closed.

3) Firman signs for Jordan! (aka Jordan thread 12,455) Discussing the the signing, the other drivers, and fag sponsorship (presently)

4) Who is Ralph Firman and can someone provide an apprisal for his driving so far? Discussing Ralph's previous achievements and career. Bringing quite a lot of people up to speed it seems

5) Ralph Firman confirmed at Jordan! Announcement of the confirmation - same as thread 3, but is dead now - No one posted for 28 hours. This one could be merged with the third thread, but I think may lead to confussion in it.

Chose which bit you want to discuss. It is my feeling that there are three points.
A) The signing
B) The past
C) Guessing the future

Obviously there is some overlap. But it stops each point getting lost in the most popular direction.

Sorry. Starting this was only meant to replace the bash thread that wasn't going anywhere. I thought I'd try this approach for once.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:22 (Ref:498491)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisico will absolutely *destroy* him. And he'll end up a test driver, just like happened after Fisi was paired with Wurz, and again with Sato.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 6 Feb 2003 at 14:31.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:32 (Ref:498500)   #9
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Inigo: stop bashing. You'll get this thread closed...
Adam: It wasn't just bashing that went on in the thread you closed.

I don't think Ralph will do well this year! I sincerely hope he makes the yellow car fly because I'm a yellow car fan. I just don't think he can do it. Wheres the bashing??
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:36 (Ref:498503)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Since when is giving an opinion that directly answers the question asked in the original post considered bashing? I have not attacked th driver, I have only stated what I think the outcome of the season will be.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:39 (Ref:498511)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I am reluctant to post this, because frankly the reasons for starting again have just reoccured. The last thing this thread is now about is how Ralph will do.

Do you guys want me to re-open that other thread and close this one?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:42 (Ref:498514)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
OMG - has it gotten that bad around here? Fine, Adam - please delete my offensive post...
Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:47 (Ref:498519)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Your thread was not bashing, clearly. It was just an attempt to level up the discussion rather than discussing DC, making friends, journeymen, Gardeners world, etc..

I apologise for any inconvenience and the previous situation has been restored.