Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Jun 2001, 00:43 (Ref:107646)   #1
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Mighty Minis - Cadwell Park - 1st of July

There's a double header of Mighty Minis action at Cadwell Park, 1 week after the Brands race this weekend. Given that it's on the same day as BTCC at Donny, will anyone turn up??

<silence>

Oh dear.
This is going to be a tricky weekend. I'm going to try and get the Mini up to Cadwell, on the back of a Maestro van, and then get that van down to Leicestershire, with another Maestro, then somehow get back to Cadwell without using any Maestros.

Then I'd like to squeeze in a visit to Donny for the Saturday night BBQ. I can see I'm going to have to think about this one
Old 24 Jun 2001, 23:23 (Ref:109311)   #2
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hehe, that sounds like one of my normal weekends, trying to fit everything in! Good luck Chris!

I'm afraid yes, we'll be at Donington. You'll have to have a word with those Mini people and make sure they don't clash with BTCC.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 11:26 (Ref:109902)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm there marshalling.. didn't realise Mins were as well, excellent news.

Not sure where I'll be yet.. is it big or little circuit??
Old 26 Jun 2001, 18:06 (Ref:110027)   #4
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
As far as I'm aware, we're using the whole lot (and probably more besides)

I'm aiming to finish both races. I need more signatures, and I'm sick of finding gravel in subframes, bodywork, tyres, cockpit, under-my-seat, exhaust, inlet manifolds, etc, etc.

If you've got time in the lunch break, come and find us in the paddock.. Hope you don't get posted out to the middle of Chris Curve or something
Old 27 Jun 2001, 18:38 (Ref:110405)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Usually get somewhere good, having travelled from Winchester!!

Hope to be under the trees somewhere, perhaps the harpin..

Looks a decent meeting though, mini action and Formula Fords.. excellent.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 18:27 (Ref:112175)   #6
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did you do Chris?
Old 2 Jul 2001, 20:42 (Ref:112238)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Excellent Mighty Mini races (not so the Supers though), Cadwell Park suited them.. It was good having the leaders both on the grass at the Mountain on the last lap.

125cc Karts were just mental, those guys must jsut discontect their brains..

Only disappointment was the lack of officals, which meant that the meeting almost got cancelled - 37 marshals in total.. over a circuit which is more than 2 miles long... Lucky that 7 of us made the trek from the south coast!!
Old 2 Jul 2001, 22:23 (Ref:112288)   #8
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here

Erk. I didn't know it nearly got cancelled. Is that a common occurence at Cadwell I wonder?

Where were you placed Dan?

I had a fairly good time of it. Started off qualifying 15th out of 21, finished the first race in 17th (too nice), and clawed back a couple of places in the second race to finish 14th. On both occasions finished up staring at the back of Andy Croft again but couldn't get past, even though I was slightly quicker around some of the corners.

The Minis were sideways at just about every corner - really excellent fun, especially the Mountain (as usual)

However, my starts are getting worse, and I'm just too nice on the first lap.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 17:31 (Ref:112585)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
We'll have to introduce you to Tom Boardman for some demon first lap tips.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 20:08 (Ref:112623)   #10
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Not everyone can afford to dent their car every time out I suppose.

I was between the corner before the Mountain to the end of Hall Bends, we had 3 course marshals, 3 flaggies and one observer covering that lot!!

A HSCC meeting earlier in the year had to be run on the short circuit due to a lack of marshals.. but apparently the BRSCC have a bad reputation at Cadwell and some local marshals refuse to attend those meetings (lack of lunch hour and running late into the evening).

It's probably too far to go for a one day meeting, but I missed the 750 MC 2 dayer earlier in the year..

Last edited by Dan Friel; 3 Jul 2001 at 20:09.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 20:52 (Ref:112660)   #11
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like you enjoyed it Chris and that is what counts! D
Old 3 Jul 2001, 21:22 (Ref:112678)   #12
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a video of the meet out soon at Blockbuster ? Or was Brands a one off ?

Is so I would like a copy. If not Brands Video will surfice, but please bleep out the Gravel trap bit

Simon