Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 May 2002, 23:05 (Ref:276912)   #1
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seen any really bad driving lately ?

Not long ago I saw someone almost miss his turn off on the motorway and had to sweep accross lanes and over the chevrons to make it

And before I saw the classic, they missed the turn off on the motorway and was reversing on the hard shoulder to get back on the slip road!
Old 3 May 2002, 00:17 (Ref:276961)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes. He had a Victorian number plate. Enough said...
Old 3 May 2002, 04:16 (Ref:277038)   #3
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You must realize woody, that asking that to someone from Montreal is like asking a lumberjack if he's seen any trees lately?
Old 3 May 2002, 05:14 (Ref:277047)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woody, please don't ask me to answer that question, we'd be here all day I honestly think that with the usual sort of driving I encounter on my daily journey, there's little that could surprise me anymore.
Some days I'm sure I must have a sign on the bumper reading 'cut me up', certainly that's what the green Pug 206 driver thought on 2 ocassions on Tuesday - grrr.
Old 3 May 2002, 21:22 (Ref:277919)   #5
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On my bike ride to the station every morning, I pass a seconary school. Along that road is a clearly marked cycle lane. One morning, I happened across a BMW drifting in and out of the bike lane "no problem" thinks me "I'll knock on their window on the way past to wake them up" Ha! just as I was about to do that, the passenger door is flung open and out jumps a kid. Child say's sorry (thats a first!!) but Mother still probably has no clue why I was so cross!!
Oh, the point at which she chose to let him out was on the zig-zag markers outside the school!
Old 4 May 2002, 03:31 (Ref:278115)   #6
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well Mr. Bluebottle, as a often bicycle commuter, I have to agree with Carrie with the "we'd be here all day" bit. Ditto for the car commuting as well. Turn signals, what turn signals?etc etc etc
But from a bicycle and motorcycle point of view, I luckily did these two much more before cars, and so have an ingrained "look out for an out" attitude that usually fares me well,although last summer, I got tossed on my rear end from my bicycle by a car for the first time in my life. Luckily only bruises. Took me back to the old motorcycle slash falling off motorcycle days. ouch.
Old 4 May 2002, 15:50 (Ref:278430)   #7
Aussiefan

I live in Adelaide, home to some of the worst drivers in Australia. No use of indicators, no concept of driving the most left lane in a multilane road, inconsistent speeds, tailgating.... the list could go on and on.

Old 4 May 2002, 23:49 (Ref:278696)   #8
bigwrench59
Rookie

bigwrench59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We were traveling up hill and a motorcycle (harley) coming down. Narrow road when we passed somone backing out of there drive. could not see bike cause we were there. bike locked up the wheels and when I looked back(from passenger seat)I saw car backed in road cross both lanes to travel back down the hill Pheww that was close we should have flashed our headlamps but it was a bit too late.
Old 5 May 2002, 02:48 (Ref:278752)   #9
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My list is waaaaaay toooooooo long to put here...
Old 7 May 2002, 22:44 (Ref:279836)   #10
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
ahh but its interesting..

me wonders which country has the worst drivers
Old 8 May 2002, 11:24 (Ref:280173)   #11
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bluebottle, i used to cycle to school until it got way too dangerous. these mothers and fathers dropping their kids off to school get really irate sometimes!!! the amount of times ive been sworn at by these crazy parents is uncountable anymore.

i did however get my own back on a car that cut me up once...they cut me right up and stopped dead in front of me, i hit my leg on the bumper, had an argument with the driver and kicked their front bumper until it cracked hehehe...now that was funny!

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 8 May 2002, 21:36 (Ref:280586)   #12
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An understandable reaction there, but be careful you don't end up getting into a worse situation or on the wrong side the law (you're older and wiser now of course...)
Old 8 May 2002, 22:09 (Ref:280600)   #13
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah , the stupid tw*t who kept breaking , going up hill towards the speed humps, he had a merc, i have a van, say no more.!!!

Last edited by woodyracing; 8 May 2002 at 22:30.
Old 8 May 2002, 22:18 (Ref:280604)   #14
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
omg, some idiot pulled out right infront of me at a 4 way junction, if I didnt slow down in time I would of hit them side on in the drivers door. grrr would have made a mess of my car...
Old 8 May 2002, 22:25 (Ref:280608)   #15
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go for it Woody,
Sorry.......drowns sorrows in coffee!!!
Old 8 May 2002, 22:30 (Ref:280612)   #16
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
no problem
Old 11 May 2002, 11:19 (Ref:282472)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drifting from lane to lane, failing to use indicators, failing to keep left unless overtaking, tailgating, dawdling, indecisiveness, lack of attention, lack of courtesy, failing to use mirrors or check blindspots. Yeah, the usual stuff.

A recent survey announced that 30% of Australian drivers consider themselves to be excellent drivers. A further 55% consider themselves to be above average drivers and just 1% consider themselves to be below average. I'm wondering how this is mathematically possible
Old 13 May 2002, 13:50 (Ref:285073)   #18
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about just before the roundabout at the ends of a motorway stopping in the outside lane to decide where to go - and yes me and lots of others did nearly ram him - he then turned left accross the traffic
Old 13 May 2002, 14:04 (Ref:285095)   #19
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
Drifting from lane to lane, failing to use indicators, failing to keep left unless overtaking, tailgating, dawdling, indecisiveness, lack of attention, lack of courtesy, failing to use mirrors or check blindspots. Yeah, the usual stuff.
Well, enough about your driving David

I hate the school run.. Not only because there's extra traffic, but it's normally middle-aged women in huge land-yacht 4x4s that they can't see out from, let alone drive. Either that or clueless brain-dead zombie shoppers who don't look where they're going. Ach!
Old 13 May 2002, 18:52 (Ref:285447)   #20
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For some reason I remembered about this topic on my way to work this morning. Not because of any driving I encountered, but rather something I witnessed a few months ago which astounded me.
You know what it's like, you get heavy traffic moving slowly on the motorway and bikes tend to ride between the lanes. No problem with that (except the guy I once saw get through a tight gap by using his feet down the sides of a wagon and car to get through!). Anyway, this particular morning, it just happened that those in the middle lane were pulled well over to the left of their lane and those in the outside lane well over to the right of theirs. Even so, I still wasn't expecting a Smart car to make his way down between the two lanes
Old 13 May 2002, 23:13 (Ref:285762)   #21
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Sarah Fisher at Nazareth Speedway last month.
Old 14 May 2002, 03:42 (Ref:285837)   #22
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Carrie, LOL!!!

Chris, now that's not very nice, remind to bump the next Mini I pass.
Old 17 May 2002, 11:29 (Ref:288794)   #23
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
Ohh this old this morning, in a Nissan Micra (do old people get discounts on these or something???)

was driving in front of me completetly oblivious to anything around him. Soooo slow aswell, there was a chance to pass but good job I didnt because he drifted from one lane to the other without even looking
Old 18 May 2002, 12:18 (Ref:289418)   #24
Aussiefan

I often come across d-ckheads who insist on using mobile phones while driving (an offense in Australia). Either pull to the side of the road when convenient or buy a hands free kit. I also see people eating food, looking through papers and street directories on their steering wheels Are these people completely insane? Driving (safe driving at least) requires two hands at all times!

Old 18 May 2002, 13:14 (Ref:289445)   #25
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant you drive with one hand???????