Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2003, 20:54 (Ref:638001)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
GPWC News

Makes a change that the battling is within the GPWC, and not between Bernie and the GPWC:
Quote:
Taken from autosport.com
Manufacturer unity over the threatened breakaway Grand Prix World Championship could be under threat following rumours that BMW is considering pulling out of the organisation.

Sources inside the Formula 1 paddock have suggested that the Munich-based marque is having second thoughts about its involvement in the series, which is being planned to start in 2008.

There is believed to be some concern from BMW bosses about the high-profile role of principal rival Mercedes-Benz, which has emerged as a leading figurehead in the GPWC.

There is also some debate about how to resolve the current problems with the creditor banks, which own a 75 percent stake in F1 holding company SLEC
About 1 sentence and still 2 typos!

Last edited by Asp; 20 Jun 2003 at 20:55.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 03:24 (Ref:638173)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
GPWC = House of cards

I will save my "I told you this would'nt get off the ground" speech for another time.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 06:45 (Ref:638216)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree and always have Wrex. If none of them can agree over anything in F1 in its present form what makes them think it will be any better if they have control?
Old 21 Jun 2003, 07:09 (Ref:638240)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It won't see the light of day, all the breakaway group is is a group of egotist all wanting control which just can't work.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 11:06 (Ref:638339)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless they had Bernie at the helm, does anyone honestly think GPWC would ever be as big as F1 is ?

And manufacturers should NEVER have control over a series either, but that's another point..
Old 21 Jun 2003, 11:23 (Ref:638345)   #6
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie=GOD Answer:Bernie wins
Old 21 Jun 2003, 15:11 (Ref:638496)   #7
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love this idea that Bernie has intellectual property rights over the sport, it forces the GPWC to have to come up with something sufficiently different from F1. Which would cost a fortune. The whole thing is/was just a way to try to "persuade" the FIA into doing what the manufacturers want, but eventually there'll be a compromise between all interested parties. Excluding the fans, of course, who don't matter...
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:23 (Ref:638559)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the easy problem may be solved because bernie will have some hand in making the American Champcar grandPrixSeries into the manufacturer playground...
Old 22 Jun 2003, 11:34 (Ref:639088)   #9
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPWC will still easily achieve their goals without BMW.What,s old bern gonna do,run a series with bmw only?
Bernie will still lose and it will be incredibly satisfying to watch.
Everone fears that the manufacturers will drop out too easily but no one is mentioning that they will have a stake in the sport and they will be making money from it!!!!

No,the problems(if any)will be the age old one of there being no changes in the sport without unanimous approval.
I hope not-surely they will see the folly of continuing with stupid aero regulations.......but it CAN'T be any worse than it is now.Maybe they will even put a stop to max's incredible stupidity.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 00:08 (Ref:639639)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I too was very sceptical when this all began, but now I am not too sure... There seems to be a bit more resiliance to it all than I first thought.

Ultimately, there will be some form of compromise I am sure. I hope there is. Is it only me that thought, prior to this year, that F1 wasn't in crisis? It is a sport that runs in cycles.

Seriously, the increased levels of competitiveness this year: how much of it is down to the new rules to "spice" things up?

Not much, in my view.

Last edited by Dutton; 23 Jun 2003 at 00:09.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 03:35 (Ref:641018)   #11
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, BMW, Toyota and Honda isn't it? Pretty sure the Japanese giants aren't involved in GPWC.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.