Minardi-Arrows

any news? this one seems to have dropped off the radar
Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:01 (Ref:648688)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I presume it was a no, not possible.

Perhaps just even more cars for Minardi days.

That reminds me, will there be a Thunder in the Park 3 this year or has the track hire fees for Donington got so high not even an f1 team can afford it?
Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:06 (Ref:648696)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
don't think they had time to test those cars .. yet .. maybe after Magny Cours

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:08 (Ref:648702)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trouble is there is a testing ban coming up soon!

BTW does testing an Arrows get you out of any restrictions on testing?
Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:18 (Ref:648712)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes .. and McLaren is aware of that too bad for the MP4/18
speaking of the arrows .. don;t think so ... maybe if they say is the next year's car

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:47 (Ref:648754)   #6
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The upcoming testing ban is a gentlemans agreement between the teams, after recent events i'm sure stoddart will have no problem breaking it!
Old 1 Jul 2003, 22:03 (Ref:648980)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The cars came with all the equipment that Stoddardt got at bargain basement prices. it may be interesting to consider a test, but the reality of it is Minardi got some desperately needed spares and material they could little afford on the open market-the tubs were a side benefit.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 23:57 (Ref:649085)   #8
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't he get something like a million quids worth of carbon fibre in the deal!? along with a load of pit gear and manufacturing equipment?
Old 2 Jul 2003, 00:27 (Ref:649097)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know F1 teams dont come up for sale very often, but you would have thought the administrative receivers may have tried to shop the equipment around a little more than they appeared to do...

I was sitting here listening to the webcast, and there wasnt loads of interest in many items, certainly fewer than 5 bidders on particular items....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Jul 2003, 01:03 (Ref:649121)   #10
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Minardi will have a four car team???
Old 2 Jul 2003, 02:27 (Ref:649153)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That havent got that many engines from Cosworth
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Jul 2003, 17:35 (Ref:653465)   #12
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard that Minardi will be looking to test the Arrows cars after the British GP.

There was never an intention for buying them to race, but as they have them, IF they are a lot faster then they might be raced. Paul also owns the rights to race the Arrows cars in the Minardi name.

S
Old 5 Jul 2003, 18:22 (Ref:653495)   #13
lbo
Rookie

lbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Minardi-Arrows

Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
any news? this one seems to have dropped off the radar
I like the name........any reason why you chose my fav F1 team?
Old 5 Jul 2003, 23:37 (Ref:653643)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I read somewhere that they are going to test the Arrows at Rockingham on the July 21st - I belive it is going to be a back to back test with this years car........
Old 6 Jul 2003, 01:20 (Ref:653680)   #15
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
That havent got that many engines from Cosworth
Well Somebody does!
their were about a dozen of them up at the auction and thye sold as a single lot. Interestingly, the Arrows single level trailer sold before the auction, but the double decker pop up one failed to sell at an opening bid of about 150,000 quid
Old 6 Jul 2003, 02:03 (Ref:653693)   #16
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'am sure the Testing ban has already started last week
Old 6 Jul 2003, 08:06 (Ref:653754)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Stoddart has said they will test a A23 back to back with a PS03 after the british GP, but they will never use the A23 in races, they just want to learn from it.

Minardi will have a new undertray/difuser at Silverstone, so maybe they have learned something already...........
Old 6 Jul 2003, 08:36 (Ref:653763)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
Well Somebody does!
their were about a dozen of them up at the auction and thye sold as a single lot. Interestingly, the Arrows single level trailer sold before the auction, but the double decker pop up one failed to sell at an opening bid of about 150,000 quid
I dont recall any Cosworth engines in the auction package, there were a shedload of horrible Arrows V10s, in E spec and F spec, including enough consumables to keep them going for a while (well except the ECUs..) but I dont think Cossies...

Having said that, Minardi bought a load of exhausts for the CR3 Arrows had laying around.

The single level trailer was also painted in Arrows colours, Stoddart also has a few old Tyrrell trucks too, painted in team livery...

That double decker was hardcore though... with the hydraulic lift doubling the height, very el swisho!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 6 Jul 2003, 14:59 (Ref:653933)   #19
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I think I read somewhere that they are going to test the Arrows at Rockingham on the July 21st - I belive it is going to be a back to back test with this years car........
Think that was in Autosport this week; since when did Rockingham have an F1 testing license?
Old 11 Jul 2003, 03:14 (Ref:658458)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A question, at www.race-cars.com, there seem to be a number of old F1 cars coming out of the woodwork, more than some with European Aviation on the side....

Is this a book balancing opportunity??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Jul 2003, 14:49 (Ref:658849)   #21
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Minardi-Arrows

Quote:
Originally posted by lbo
I like the name........any reason why you chose my fav F1 team?
mine too!
Old 18 Jul 2003, 13:56 (Ref:664935)   #22
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul stoddart said that the Arrows is not a minardi so the testing ban does not apply!
and they will evaluat the arrows and compare the ps03 to see if it is indeed better and move to it
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/

Jos Verstappen is in Great Britain to take part in this week's British Grand Prix so the Dutch driver took the time to stop at Minardi's British facility. The trip had a very specific purpose : a seat fitting session was organised for Verstappen so that the team could install a seat in one of the five Arrows A23's that Paul Stoddart recently purchased.

The team principal mentioned a few weeks ago that a comparison test between the Arrows A23 and the Minardi PS03 was going to take place, without saying if a change to the Arrows chassis was an option. The problem is that Formula One is now in a testing ban until the end of August. What can Minardi do about it ? The small Italian team could decide to bring one Arrows chassis and use it during Friday morning's private testing session during a Grand Prix weekend (at Silverstone or Hockenheim in two weeks, for example). In theory, that could be possible, since these testing sessions are not included in the testing ban.

There are those who say that Paul Stoddart's team may try to test the Arrows chassis somewhere else, regardless of the testing ban. Stoddart's argument is that the Arrows A23 is not a Minardi so the regulation does not apply to it. We will have to wait and see but sooner or later the Arrows chassis will be back and running.

Hugo GIGUERE
CAPSIS International
Old 18 Jul 2003, 14:11 (Ref:664955)   #23
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul really is trying to stretch the rules stupidly here, what on earth is he talking about when he says, it isnt a Minardi, its an Arrows.....??????????!!!!!!??

Oh yes, its also a Bridgestone.......and a Petrobras.......so we can avoid the ban as well...... what about simply calling it entertainment for yourself, and not actually testing PAUL!

Im actually hoping they find the A23 to be faster than the current PS03, after all, the Arrows was actually quite a good little car, aerodynamically......pity it only managed 2 points before they ran out of money to run it
Old 18 Jul 2003, 14:25 (Ref:664967)   #24
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I think it is a dumb move to call it 'testing'. That is just inviting trouble. They should have just ran it, without fanfare, at some track that isn't a typical F1 test venue. I doubt anyone would care. As it is, he is just going to draw fire from his dear friend Ron Dennis and others... I wish they would have just been discreet!!!

All that being said, if they can't find money to test their own car, how did they come up with enough to run the Arrows???
Old 18 Jul 2003, 14:25 (Ref:664968)   #25
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the idea- semantics will save minardi,
he could test at Goodwood! and say its a show, he could do all sorts of thing, the friday free test is by far the best idea though and quite legal.