Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Aug 2003, 14:26 (Ref:684244)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Evening Race

What are your thoughts on the evening race??

Anyone who expected it to have the atmosphere of the night races of old were sadly disappointed. There was a lot less people, the campsite was deserted in comparison, and the on-track action was definately dire in comparison. However it was still a little more fun than the normal Saturday/Sunday meetings I think - how about you?
Old 10 Aug 2003, 14:56 (Ref:684261)   #2
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought we were going to head for trouble when there was talk that qualifying was going to be late due to the visibility but it all worked out.

Personally I don't like it and never have. Too much crammed into one day and in the heat, I and a few others suffered.

As for the racing - that was rather good in places.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 15:22 (Ref:684270)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Can't blame TOCA for the heat.

It was an interesting experiment that could have gone badly wrong if the mist hadn't lifted in time for qualifying - to be honest visibility (for the helicopter) was probably still marginal but it worked out ok in the end.

Be interested to see the crowd figures, certainly it didn't seem as busy as previous years.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 15:36 (Ref:684277)   #4
Sarah W
Rookie

Sarah W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckily I didn't have to do much travelling to get there. I went on Friday afternoon for the practice and there were more people there than I expected.

I was there on Saturday from 2pm until 8.30pm and that was long enough. It was just too hot to keep wandering around. I even had to go back to my car halfway through the afternoon to open up the doors as it was suffering too.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 15:41 (Ref:684282)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Weather was tops! Simple answer if you don't like the sun? Same as everything else - go prepared! Take an umbrella, wear light clothes, wear a cap, drink plenty of water, etc.

One thing I didn't like - programmes were in very short supply! So if anyone's got one they no longer need/want let me know and I'll buy it off you!
Old 10 Aug 2003, 15:57 (Ref:684288)   #6
Sarah W
Rookie

Sarah W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Craig! I was so sensible I booked a grandstand ticket as I knew it was going to be hot but you can't stay in there all afternoon it's not comfortable enough.

I walked to the bar a couple of times but didn't bother wandering around the paddock as much as I normally do.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 19:19 (Ref:684418)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it worked quite well, but Saturday was a very long day and I would agree that the crammed too much into the day. Personally I would have like to see the Touring Cars finish the day off, I think that might have worked quite well.

As for the crowd I also thought it was pretty poor and there was loads of room on the campsite.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 19:39 (Ref:684435)   #8
shinchley
Rookie

Wales
Attleborough (Norwich), UK
shinchley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the crowd was poor i expected more !!! the racing was great so was everything else , i took my girlfreind to watch and learn (she has never been to the racing before) and she loved every second !!!!! which is good for me ..... ive got a funny fealing that im gonna get draged to brands hatch on th 25 , but thats fine by me
Old 10 Aug 2003, 19:40 (Ref:684437)   #9
shinchley
Rookie

Wales
Attleborough (Norwich), UK
shinchley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh yeah that MG hat that was thrown at me came in very handy !!!!!
Old 10 Aug 2003, 20:46 (Ref:684489)   #10
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the light, there wasn't much difference to day races except they were a bit later. Not much atmosphere and not as good as Snett 1999!