Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luiz Diaz to race in Mexico City!

Thanks to Jorgemog at Crapwagon/Cartfanatics.com:
One more car for Mexico City!!
Remember Luiz "chapulin" Diaz??? He will be racing on October 12th for Walker Racing (damn that guy has cars!!). He will have sponsorship from Sun, Telcel (Biggest cell phone provider in Mexico) and Motorola (telcel and motorola have been putting a lot of money in the T720i and other GSM color screen phones).

Well, we will have 20 cars on track. I am not a fan of "Chapu", but it will be cool to see him there.

Walker shows he's got the money and equipment for 3 or more cars for next season.

Old 24 Sep 2003, 04:46 (Ref:728343)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!

Thanks for the info, Dov! You're quick-on-the-draw!
Hope Luiz fares well, I've got a hunch that he may be replacing Adrian next year.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 05:09 (Ref:728349)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Roberto just too old these days?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:53 (Ref:728682)   #4
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which Roberto do you mean? As for Adrian going I think he will, this was the season to win a championship and he didn't do it he's luck brougth him a win and second place all because of Jourdain Tracy mistakes. Furthermore i think that he has finall figuered out how run his team and running his team will be a continuation of his magnificant career. he is afterall one of the only guys out there that has sponsorship for life from Tecate Quaker state and Telmex.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 16:21 (Ref:728847)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roberto Gonzalez is taking the Herdez drive for Mexico City, that Moreno usually has.

I believe -- although I hate to admit it -- that Crash has hit the nail on the head. Moreno needs to take a job in the garage now, while he still has happy memories of driving.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 21:25 (Ref:729142)   #6
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure there's a surplus of Reynard's lying around right now, so it's not really surprising that a guy like Walker picked up a few. (He has some involvement with Reynard, does he not?) Good to hear, and perhaps next year when Valiante shows up as the fourth Canadian on the grid, Manning will likely still be there as well. Life is good, and the universe would be in perfect balance once again.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 21:34 (Ref:729147)   #7
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Walker is the NA distributor for Reynard parts.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 00:23 (Ref:729235)   #8
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Besides Luis Diaz for Walker, there is another additional entry being put together for Mexico City - a second car from Rahal for either David Martinez or Memo Rojas is being contemplated.

We might see 21 cars on the grid at Mexico City.

zerO
Old 25 Sep 2003, 00:35 (Ref:729237)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool! Is that the same Sun Microsystems, the makers of Java, Solaris OS, etc? I'll go for that car then ! If it's a nice car, I'll put a picture of it in my office.

Glad to see Luis get the opportunity...he certainly the most deserving Mexican to not have a CART seat.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 25 Sep 2003, 01:27 (Ref:729248)   #10
rodrigomarban
Racer

rodrigomarban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great!

He certainly deserved another Champ Car drive after his unlucky performance in last year's race. Hope he gets a full race drive for next season.

Go ChapulĂ*n!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:35 (Ref:729321)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Twenty-one.
What a beautiful number that is.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 09:57 (Ref:729539)   #12
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Another car - good news. And, even better news that it's not being filled by a talentless no-hoper
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:46 (Ref:729896)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Cart.com:http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7077

LUIS DIAZ TO RUN IN A THIRD WALKER RACING ENTRY AT MEXICO CITY

Thursday, September 25, 2003

Walker Racing has brought together three leading brands in technology for Luis Diaz to compete in a third Walker Racing entry in the Gran Premio Telmex/Gigante to be held in Mexico City next month.

Sun Microsystems, the worldwide leader of net computing solutions provider for companies, government and institutions, Telcel, the leading wireless carrier in Mexico, and Motorola, the leading provider in communication solutions, have joined together to support and promote racing in Mexico.

All three brands trust Luis Diaz’s professionalism, commitment and determination to get to the front. “Chapulin” is a Mexican promising young talent in international racing that the sponsors have not hesitated to support.

“I appreciate very much the trust and support of Sun, Telcel and Motorola to participate as their driver for this new racing team, this will certainly allow me to be in touch with the Mexican public that has always encouraged me," said Diaz. "The race will be very tough and the track demanding, as it will be very competitive among all the drivers that want to win, but with intelligence and speed we will get the results that are expected.”

The Sun-Telcel-Motorola car is a Reynard chassis with Ford-Cosworth XFE engine with 700 horsepower; weights 1550 lbs., has a length of 195 inches and a width of 78 inches. Walker Racing will test at Sebring, Florida, on the 29th and 30th to give Luis time to get used to his new team.

Last edited by Dov; 25 Sep 2003 at 16:49.