Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Dec 2003, 09:11 (Ref:809896)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
MG Car Club come top again!

I have just received a fabulous rucksack from the MG Car Club as a thank you for marshalling their meetings this year.

Let me first say a very public THANK YOU to John Watson and all the members of the MGCC for once again supporting marshals. The club are one of the few who show their appreciation for the service we offer and so once again many thanks to you all.

Stephen.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 09:16 (Ref:809905)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
nice one....definately doin more mgcc and 750 events next year...along with the promised bmw events....could well be doin pembrey next year
Old 12 Dec 2003, 10:02 (Ref:809958)   #3
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ascarracinguk - forgive me for mentioning it but you have already changed Donnington [sic] Parks name...
Old 12 Dec 2003, 16:49 (Ref:810370)   #4
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Adam how are you getting there I dont do Welsh Wales?
Old 12 Dec 2003, 18:30 (Ref:810460)   #5
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought that i wound be starting this thread but to late; as very one else has said well MGCC
will do more for you next yaer, book a meeting for 11/7/2004 see which meeting gets more marshall,s
Old 12 Dec 2003, 19:58 (Ref:810505)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
what....you cant pick me up from wales....dam....thats plan A out of the window!
Old 12 Dec 2003, 19:58 (Ref:810506)   #7
ascarracinguk
Veteran

swansea uni is only 15 miles away from pembrey....i can cycle there!
Old 12 Dec 2003, 20:21 (Ref:810518)   #8
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John and all at MGCC,
A huge thank you for the rucksack and a very good and useful gift to recieve. I will mail you personnaly soon John but this certainly goes to show what clubs actually do think about the marshalls. Alot of clubs leave a lot to be desired and they are bigger than the MGCC, so thats a couple of quid every meeting, a warm friendly greeting, tea/ coffee at sign on usually and drinks/ stickies brought out and of course the famouse MGCC plaques. and the gift as a thank you at the end of the season. This to me says alot about how to treat marshals. Also if you have a problem at/during a meeting they do listen and try to resolve it. I Its getting easier to choose what clubs I will concentrate on next season.
Have a happy Christmas and New Year to all at MGCC and see you all in 2004.
RS
Old 12 Dec 2003, 22:56 (Ref:810617)   #9
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is probably the package that the post office couldn't deliver today because it wouldn't fit through my letterbox! i was starting to panic what it was as i wasn't expecting anything.
Thankyou very much MGCC, they look after the marshals and I think the racing is at the top of all the clubs anyway. Without doubt the October Brands weekend meeting was my best of the 43 I marshalled this year.
Will continue to do as many of their meetings as I can. Thankyou again.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 12:16 (Ref:810896)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got a letter thanking me for officating at their meetings in 2003......must have run out of rucsacks!!

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 13 Dec 2003 at 12:16.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 19:31 (Ref:811125)   #11
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What with the flask last year & the rucksack this year one wonders what the MGCC will come up with next year?
Old 13 Dec 2003, 19:54 (Ref:811141)   #12
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Observer, The rucksack was probably sent but like a few of my race tickets over the years, its disappeared in the local sorting office.

I did keep an eye out at those race meetings for my local postie
Old 14 Dec 2003, 13:18 (Ref:811588)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From a racers point of view, I have also found the MGCC running of meeting to be superb. It is a joy to deal with them rather than a chore. I have never found them anything else other than friendly and helpful.

Also it comes as no great surprise that they value Marshals either. They have there Marshal training initiative and collections (those orange stickers) at race metings.

Great stuff.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:51 (Ref:812002)   #14
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
I got a letter thanking me for officating at their meetings in 2003......must have run out of rucsacks!!
I was jesting!
I only managed to do one of their meetings this year, so I don't expect anything. The letter was apreciated on it's own!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 09:26 (Ref:812020)   #15
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can only echo what has been said before in this thread and add my own personal thanks to John Watson and the MGCC. Looking forward to 2004/05/06 already.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 10:10 (Ref:812037)   #16
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was not jesting about missing race tickets, I asked the post office to investigate but heard nothing back.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:39 (Ref:815126)   #17
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the rucksack is great. What I want to know is why you made sure the colours matched my MGB - even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much - you can trust that I will try to do as many MGCC meetings as I did last year - nearly all of them!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:41 (Ref:815127)   #18
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I got a second LETTER again this morning!!
I think they're trying to tell me something!!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:47 (Ref:815134)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well you know what it's like being an Observer, they thought you wouldn't see the first letter
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:48 (Ref:815137)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I need a rucsack to put all the letters in!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:19 (Ref:822109)   #21
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also received a rucksack from MGCC, and thanks go to John Watson and the MGCC team both for the gift and for good racing and well-organised events in this and previous years - brilliant that a comparatively small club should make such a nice gesture, along with collecting money from competitors at race meetings to go towards marshals' training. Look forward to seeing them at Oulton again next year...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 08:04 (Ref:822372)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Welcome to Ten-Tenths Paddock.One