Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Aug 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1379708)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Toccacelo to Minardi

According to www.autosport-atlas.com, Minardi have signed Enrico Toccacelo as their third driver for the rest of 2005. Interesting and unexpected move.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1379712)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Minardi has confirmed the news.

Toccacello has decent credentials too.

A good choice.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1379713)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Better than Nissany, anyway!
Old 11 Aug 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1379722)   #4
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm better than Nissany!
Old 11 Aug 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1379835)   #5
arthurive
Rookie

United States
Michigan, USA
arthurive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toccacelo was the 2004 vice-champion in F3000.
He had quite a few podiums and a win or two.
Supposedly he has a reputation of being quick but erratic.

At least he has a background that warrants a shot at F1.

If he looks "too" good, they may let him race this year.
I mean, Doornbos can't be on too firm a footing can he?
Old 11 Aug 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1379838)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doornbos is solid to the end of the year
Old 11 Aug 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1379848)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's somehow amazing the great number of drivers aiming at doing something with a team that has currently no means to grant them any positive exposure
Old 11 Aug 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1379849)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a shme he hasn't had a chance to test an F1 car until now, as he's showed potential already. His name's been mentioned for the Eurointernational ChampCar team which is planning to run in 2006, but maybe he will use his findign to get a 2006 F1 seat instead if this goes well.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1379870)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I can't really see him in F1 for 2006; there's nothing that special about him (unless he has a rich daddy or something!).
Old 11 Aug 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1379883)   #10
arthurive
Rookie

United States
Michigan, USA
arthurive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I can't really see him in F1 for 2006; there's nothing that special about him (unless he has a rich daddy or something!).

The best hope for Toccacelo would be some impressive performances on the upcoming Fridays, leading to a full time "Friday" driver role with
a better team in 2006.
An F1 race seat in 2006 is highly unlikely.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1379961)   #11
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But i'm not very confident Minardi will let him show any potential, as teh cars are real dogs.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1380679)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teams assess driver performances in the Minardi more on the basis of how you do relative to your team-mates and whether you stay on the track, rather than outright speed, so I think Enrico can gain from this. At the very least he increases his chance of a 2006 drive of some description, and perhaps makes it easier for he and Eurointernational to get decent funding for the ChampCar effort together.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1380995)   #13
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Well in his 3 full seasons of International F3000 he was a race winner in all of them, and this year already has a win to his name in the Renault World Series. He is certainly one of the better drivers Minardi has had. What would you classify as special?? I think 2nd place overall in 2004 F3000 series and a multiple F3000/F3 race-winner sounds pretty good IMO.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1381006)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Oh, don't get me wrong, Toccacelo's a good driver, but he's not Enge, Junqueira, Bourdais, Wilson, Liuzzi, Pantano... I'd put him on a par with people like Kiesa and Friesacher, so I can only see him in F1 as a result of a hefty sack of cash.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 23:27 (Ref:1381007)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And, as a side note, he was only a race winner in 2002 after Enge was excluded from the Hungary race for his narcotic transgression.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1381013)   #16
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I know it was by default, but Enge was against the rules, so the winner was Enrico. As they say, a win is a win.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1381017)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
True, true. My point is that he didn't have race-winner's pace in 2002 (unless one supposes that marijuana is a performance-enhancing drug...). But he's a decent driver.