Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1468661)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
JV boost-don't close it yet!

JV receives boost as Kalvolainen gets Renault test job. here.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1468669)   #2
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Not going to have a pop at JV, BUT if he does stay at Sauber/BMW next year, I suspect that it will be because they can't break his contract rather than because they can't find a replacement, so I don't think Kovalainen being confirmed at Renault makes much difference.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1468671)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure why this boosts JV's position at all. There are others out there who could do a good job so BSchneiderFan says, it would be money rather than the loss (if ever kovalanien was going to BMW) of Kovalanian that would sway BMW.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1468675)   #4
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martyn and I have now reached the stage of perfect communion of minds. Without consulting each other, we started two threads at the same time on substantially the same topic. Martyn, would you like to marry me?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1468676)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Another reason why Kalvoleinen should not get the job is that no one seems to be able to spell his name right.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1468677)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oops
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1468682)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Martyn and I have now reached the stage of perfect communion of minds. Without consulting each other, we started two threads at the same time on substantially the same topic. Martyn, would you like to marry me?
No!

And on a more serious note...the possibility of anyone other than JV getting the seat is now pretty slim i would have thought,all things considered.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1468691)   #8
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Not sure why this boosts JV's position at all. There are others out there who could do a good job so BSchneiderFan says, it would be money rather than the loss (if ever kovalanien was going to BMW) of Kovalanian that would sway BMW.
Because this makes one less option for BMW and time is running out.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1468698)   #9
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
No!

I'm devastated. you can't do that to me now that...
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1468705)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
I'm devastated. you can't do that to me now that...
Nothing to do with me...Maybe an immaculate conception...Does that happen a lot in Canada.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1468709)   #11
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just hope that when BMW finally does confirm his seat, they offer up some semblance of an explanation for the delay. Certainly at this point, the respect that JV enjoyed from Peter Sauber seems no longer present in the new scheme of things.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1468717)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
flav to the rescue again!
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1468718)   #13
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Kirk,

Let's not put the Kart before the horse powers yet (or something like that). Let's wait for the confirmation of JV's status before looking for explanations.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1468727)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Thread closed...

Just kidding...

Maybe we'll see Jacques in the Beemer after all, and we'll have a whole other season of JV threads to look forward to
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1468734)   #15
insideline
Rookie

England
insideline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought it would be the ideal situation for BMW, ex World champion in their ranks to develop the new car, and then have a youngish charger waiting in the wings for next season.
Enter Andy Priaulx, BMW world champion
Old 23 Nov 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1468765)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Um,

A few things.

First. Unfortunately on recent performances JV is really a very past WDC and second, isn't Andy around the same age as JV?

Finally what is this about "time running out"? I thought they had until January to announce their drivers.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1468867)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thread closed.

What a boost.

Oh I'm just kidding.

Hey Louis and Martyn, please keep your love affair through the PM system please.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1468870)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
second, isn't Andy around the same age as JV?
Not really; JV is 34, Priaulx 29. There's more than five years between them.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 01:11 (Ref:1468934)   #19
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Thread closed.

What a boost.

Oh I'm just kidding.

Hey Louis and Martyn, please keep your love affair through the PM system please.
*While reading this post, play on the music at the end of Sergio Leone's western movie "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" when the three of them are standing in the desert*

Like the sword over JV's head, the three sheriffs Bononi, Peter Mallett & Inigo Montoya are standing within the crowd at a 10/10th saloon, their hand on the trigger of their "close thread" machine gun. They look at each other as somewhat out of topic, potentially harmful or slightly vitriolic posts are posted on the latest JV thread. In the meantime, Adam is shaking his head out of despair repeating to himself: "not again...".

Who will start the firework?

It can't be flashf1 who is in jail. Louis Bellicose is to be watched but, so long as Cpt Chaos, Quicksilver or Boot do not enter the saloon, the sheriffs consider the place relatively safe.

Bellicose drinks his whisky alone crying and mumbling "Martyn...". This is in fact a diversion. His hand close to his revolver, he is ready to "attack" whichever nasty post may come in the saloon.

Suddenly comes in, with a huge bazooka, ... Joe Rossi!

to be continued (perhaps)

Good evening / night everyone!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1469153)   #20
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If I read one more post asserting that Jacques Villeneuve is an ex WDC and still a great driver with much to offer BMW I think I'll take a couple of ball points and roughly insert them into my eyeballs.

If he manages to uncurl those arthritic fingers and wrap them round a BMW steering wheel in 2007 then I will be forced to assume that Dr. Thiessen's vision for the fledgling German team is as cloudy as that of the always overrated Canadian star.
I wouldn't trust Villeneuve to drive a golf cart on a three-mile wide salt flat without finding trouble - and yet some of you people apparently think he should be in control of a +350 km/h race car? And even if by some miracle he did manage to keep the cart upright and not crash into a teammate, you can be sure his pace would at best be comparable to that of a paralytic slug on a leisurely stroll.
If there was any sense in the world of F1 Villeneuve will be pensioned off to a lovely Canadian Old Folks home immediately, there to live out his few remaining days watching replays of his championship winning season while drooling over his medicine cup.

PS: I also have it on good authority that he inserts razor blades in toffee apples and hands them out to children on Halloween.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1469155)   #21
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How's that Louis?

(moderators, please don't send me to jail, I truly was only joking)
Old 24 Nov 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1469206)   #22
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're watching...

(er, that'd be four sheriffs then, Louis... )
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1469224)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Wasn't de la Rosa in brief talks with BMW?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1469230)   #24
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if they do keep JV, you can't say they haven't tried not to. And they're the ones who've got a year's worth of his 'performance' data. He's yesterday's news and will be demolished by Nick next year, and BMW will see it as a waste of a seat.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1469277)   #25
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yah right... and if Nick does not 'destroy" JV, it will be because something's wrong with Nick. JV will never be destroyed by a teammate in a racing car but perhaps if you keep repeating it you may convince yourself otherwise.

Back on topic. The entire "rumour" that Kova would be driving for BMW has been refuted by Flavio. It was likely another media whim that we're so accustomed to .... and I am sure another name will crop up soon. Doornbus? ...and the bashing can start all over again!
Closed Thread