Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2006, 03:17 (Ref:1709311)   #1
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher is the most unsporting driver ever, says Alonso

Mind games?

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/formulao...870953,00.html

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 13 Sep 2006 at 04:17. Reason: the link is enough, why post the article?

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 13 Sep 2006, 04:23 (Ref:1709321)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. He just said that Shcummi has the most sanctions against him in history. Its probably true, he has been racing for a while. He tempered them with more complementary remarks like Schummi being "the best driver" and a great champion on the track" and that it was "an honour and a pleasure" to fight against him.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 05:00 (Ref:1709330)   #3
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if we'll see a Senna taking out Prost situation in Brazil if Alonso is still in the lead..
Old 13 Sep 2006, 05:42 (Ref:1709336)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
after he had been controversially demoted from fifth to 10th on the starting grid for allegedly impeding Schumacher's Ferrari team-mate, Felipe Massa
Yer like thats a bit rich Mr Massa Blocker accusing St Micheal of some slight indecresions over the years.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1709399)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AB, there is absolutely no comparison between the two. They weren't 'slight indiscretions' and there have been several of them by Schumi; on the other hand, the Massa 'blocking' by Alonso incident is a highly dubious and contentious allegation anyway whatever the telemetry says. We've all seen it and even if Massa was impeded in some way (which I don't believe) I don't think anyone could seriously suggest that it was deliberate on Alonso's part.

I wonder how many of these Schumi threads we are going to rack up?
Old 13 Sep 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1709442)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
Mind games?
Bit late for that, Schuey's retiring at the end of the season...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 13 Sep 2006, 09:41 (Ref:1709457)   #7
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I wonder how many of these Schumi threads we are going to rack up?
Hopefully more than JV threads
Old 13 Sep 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1709460)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Can't disagree with those comments.
However Michael and Ferrari share the same "win at all costs" attitude, so in that respect, they are (were) a good pairing.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1709480)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that Alonso is right on the money.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1709485)   #10
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
He just said that Shcummi has the most sanctions against him in history.
Heh, makes you wonder.... FIA "desperately wanting" to help Ferrari, but still penalising Schumacher that much...
Old 13 Sep 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1709492)   #11
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Murray Walker put it pretty well on Sunday. You need to be ruthless to get to F1 and even more ruthless to succeed there. Schumi is of that mould.

On occasion maybe he went too far, but the indescretions were very rare, and importantly his talent and determination are such he didn't need to commit those offences to achieve what he did.

Its true that Alonso's just stating facts, but they're pretty immaterial in the context of this year's championship battle and the fact that Schumi's retired.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1709493)   #12
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Heh, makes you wonder.... FIA "desperately wanting" to help Ferrari, but still penalising Schumacher that much...
Well, though they sometimes look like they are, FIA is not allmighty. Even they can't undo everithing he did
Old 13 Sep 2006, 10:57 (Ref:1709501)   #13
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argh, Alonso is such a bad loser.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1709526)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Apparently, Tiger Woods doesn't agree with Alonso:

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...13102125.shtml
Old 13 Sep 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1709533)   #15
GeeRam
Racer

England
London, UK.
GeeRam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm.....we're already seeing the fact that Alonso isn't all sweetness and light, I wonder what the verdict on him will be in another 10 years time....

I think they should all just shut up and get on with the driving.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1709535)   #16
Alienman_69
Rookie

Portugal
PoRtUgAl
Alienman_69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso is just asking for a Schumacher's JV special in Brazil. Would be hilarious to see Alonso crying for the rest of his career about how he was put out of the race by Schumacher, lost his second title and FIA did nothing about it. After what Briatore said in Monza, I bet FIA would even reward Schumacher with a medal if that ever happens.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1709538)   #17
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse
Well, though they sometimes look like they are, FIA is not allmighty. Even they can't undo everithing he did
Old 13 Sep 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1709556)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso is entitled to his own opinions, but Alonso has shown himself to be pretty capable of putting other drivers' safety at risk without hesitation (ie dangerous braketesting at Hungary), insane driving (ie Brazil where in crashed into an accident site at full pace despite yellows), demanding team-orders (ie Canada 05, Turkey 05), and rudeness to fellow drivers (waving fists at any backmarkers that barely impeded him).

Like i've said, it doesnt take much for one to slam another person, but it would be good if one can take a look at himself with the same objectivity.

For every JV, FA or JPM, we have a number of drivers who are glad to have shared the grid with Michael, commentators who appreciates his contribution to the sports, employees who enjoy working with him, fans who supports him... the list runs. I doubt it bothers Michael, his family, friends and his fans much.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1709563)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso should be hanged for airing his views.......
Old 13 Sep 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1709570)   #20
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wonder how Ron Dennis is going to handle such a outspoken and hot blooded driver next year...its going to be interesting..
Old 13 Sep 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1709575)   #21
Molotov
Rookie

Canada
Canada
Molotov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso seems to be taking the same path as Villeneuve except way earlier, I don't remember Villeneuve bashing Schumacher in 1998 like Alonso is doing right now, lets just hope Alonso's mouth don't cause the same problem as Villeneuve's. Other then that it's pretty entertaining and it's great to see other people criticizing the great "king" that everyone was so afraid of.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1709577)   #22
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Michael has received more penalties than any other driver is indisputable. That he has been involved in more technical controversies is pretty hard to argue with, although some of it comes down to the team of people he is working with. Fernando was probably asked a simple question and answered it honestly. I completely agree with him.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1709581)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm all for drivers airing their views, or to try mindgames, as it is their arena. But still, it won't hurt if everybody practice some responsibility for their remarks.

Some points brought up by Alonso is valid. There's no denying that there are a couple of dubious and bad points of Michael's otherwise impressive and great career. But Alonso could have probably made these remarks with better timing, especially when such remarks he made are uncalled for at this period when MS hardly did anything to provoke him to react this way.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1709619)   #24
Molotov
Rookie

Canada
Canada
Molotov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I find weird about Alonso's behavior is that he did not even attend to the driver meeting at Monaco about Michaels actions, unlike Villeneuve who was about the only one with importance to face Michael at that meeting. It's almost like he didn't care, but suddenly when the title race is wide open he releases all these comments? To me it's a sign of someone who is cracking up. If Alonso really didn’t accept the dirty tricks of Schumi he would have said it in his face at that meeting, but he was too busy watching the world cup to care.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1709654)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aloso is a cry baby and should suck on a dummy no doubt alonso is a good driver but whinges about anything and everything alonso should be thankfull if he can win as many WDC's as shumi and alonso should take a good hard look at himself in the mirror and he is a little bad boy himself.i havnt heard shumi bagging fellow driver's whereits not called for i havnt heard Webber critisising drivers where its not called for and the list goes on there are a few that whinge at everything.

i will miss shumi and his bad boy ways it added another dimension to the sport now is not a time to critisize the guy you cand do that later now is a time to congradulate him on the good achivements in his career.