Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Jul 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1667133)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Initial Thoughts of F1 06?

It definately is an improvement on F1 05, the main point being damage. What do you guys think?

Last edited by pirenzo; 29 Jul 2006 at 15:28.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Jul 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1667145)   #2
poleaxe
Rookie

poleaxe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a big improvement

AI, damage and handling have been given a good seeing to, the game is a great little racer when the difficulty level is set to hard and all driving aids turned off. I've only had two races so far and they've both been been wheel to wheel from start to finish - it's nice to see some good AI for a change. I will play some more later with the steering wheel...

My first crash

Old 29 Jul 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1667147)   #3
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its release is awful timing for me so I've had about 15 mins with it so far.

But first impressions are surprisingly good. F1 2005 was like the next step of the series away from the authenticity of early games to big, bright cartoony dodgem car racing, far too easy and unsatisfying. I really expected 2006 to be the same with new paintjobs but it's got a more serious feel to it, everything doesn't happen at 500mph anymore and the handling, if a bit weird, feels like it could be better long term.

And you can damage the cars and crash properly again! It seems such an obvious feature but the lack of damage on F1 2005 was shocking.

That's all I can say so far - I expected it to be grabage and so far I'm surprised.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1667191)   #4
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by poleaxe
My first crash

That crash looks seriously unnatural.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1667196)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The williams's front wing did'nt come off, thats realistic.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1667226)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the crash looks all OK up until the point the Honda spins. It should really continue spinning, rather than rather abruptly stop spinning and travel a few hundred metres backwards in a dead straight line.

Much better than F1 05 though, whatever the case.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1667229)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The entire game is completely dreadful.

The cars handle like boats, the AI is abysmal as usual, the damage is improved granted. The commentary is stupid.

This morning I did a race at Nurburgring and started 12th in my Super Aguri. When the lights went out the AI cars formed a single file line to the left and I breezed past all of them before the braking zone for turn one and had a five second lead after the first sector.

This is the game we're dealing with here.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1667235)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm getting because I have been getting all of the F1 games, I dont have 03 or 05 tho.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1667258)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1667375)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_06
It says they had to remove net play from both PS2 and PSP games and that also the PS3 game will include Safety cars and that if you plug your PSP into your PS3, you can use the PSP as a side veiw mirror..
Old 29 Jul 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1667427)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn I wish the PS2 version included safety cars! Thanks for the news nicky...
Old 29 Jul 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1667440)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
No Problem.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 23:31 (Ref:1667475)   #13
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I don't think that the Safety Car was ever going to be in the PS2 version...

Ah well, I've done one year of my career at the moment. It's a sweet game, and the tests are really different. You test different aspects of the car as well as yourself.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Jul 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1667479)   #14
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Is it like a CMR type thing where you test parts?
Old 29 Jul 2006, 23:40 (Ref:1667482)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
although with such bad AI i wonder why you'd want a safety car feature. They'd have to work out pit strategies etc for the safety car.... and with such dreadful AI from Sony i think the safety car feature will be a dreadful joke....
Old 29 Jul 2006, 23:41 (Ref:1667483)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The entire game is completely dreadful.

The cars handle like boats, the AI is abysmal as usual, the damage is improved granted. The commentary is stupid.

This morning I did a race at Nurburgring and started 12th in my Super Aguri. When the lights went out the AI cars formed a single file line to the left and I breezed past all of them before the braking zone for turn one and had a five second lead after the first sector.

This is the game we're dealing with here.
Thanks for saving me a lot of money..... *tick* another f1 game im not going to buy then....
Old 30 Jul 2006, 02:22 (Ref:1667518)   #17
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
If you don't like the cars, the AI, or the grpahics, just buy it to smash Alonso.

And the Super Aguris.

But not Webber.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1667602)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surprising comment, reading F1 I was under the impression you liked those particular parties. I have obviously been mislead.

No problems ralf fan. Get NASCAR 06 instead, an intense game!
Old 30 Jul 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1667618)   #19
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
NASCAR '06 doesn't come out in Australia does it.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 02:30 (Ref:1669559)   #20
poleaxe
Rookie

poleaxe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some videos I made:

Williams @ Albert Park: http://www.gameklip.com/v/1114

Honda @ Hockenheim: http://www.gameklip.com/v/1110

Ferrari @ Monza: http://www.gameklip.com/v/1108

Williams @ Jerez: http://www.gameklip.com/v/1116

Unlockable cars:

Williams fw18, fw06
Lotus 49, 72, and possibly the 78
Cooper Climax
Alfa Romeo 158

Unlockable track:

Jerez
Old 1 Aug 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1669782)   #21
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Cheers for that poleaxe, I like the way the head moves under braking, I think it gives you the feeling of the deceleration and the head does move about alot on straights. Thanks for the vids.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1669907)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Thanks for saving me a lot of money..... *tick* another f1 game im not going to buy then....
So ralfie, still pretending to yourself that F1 '04 is better?
Old 1 Aug 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1669914)   #23
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
poleaxe, thanks for the info etc.

I wish there was more '80s and '90s cars you can unlock. Also more test tracks and past venues. For example, they could have chucked Spa in just for the sake of it!

I play F1 '05 still once every eclipse. Apart from the Lotus '78, what other cars can you unlock?

I may have to get F1 '06 from those short videos it doesn't look that bad at all and looks like a big improvement over F1 '05 that is for sure. The commentary on F1 '05 put me to sleep it was so boring.

Just noticed on F1 '06 from the short videos; James Allen has to shout GO GO GO!! at the start of a race, which he thankfully didn't even do last grand prix. Also James doesn't seem to want Martin get a word in.

Last edited by luke; 1 Aug 2006 at 12:47.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1669961)   #24
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I play F1 '05 still once every eclipse. Apart from the Lotus '78, what other cars can you unlock?
The F1 05 concept car (unreal), Williams FW08, an old Lotus (possibly the 49) and a couple of others as well - pretty much the same as this one, by the sounds
Old 1 Aug 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1669975)   #25
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
So ralfie, still pretending to yourself that F1 '04 is better?
No after spending useless money on f1 04..... its nice to get some reviews in before buying another Sony game.... f1 04 is crap....infact all Sony f1 games are so far....