Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Dec 2006, 07:28 (Ref:1798633)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Years Resolution?

What events/ circuits would you like to visit in 2007? Any new events or just the same as this year?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 24 Dec 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1798664)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got a few but main one is hopefully to see Super GT in Japan - for the racing as well as experiencing the Japanese culture.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1798690)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brands Hatch and Oulton Park in 2007 hopefully, never been to either.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1798777)   #4
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK: Anglesey and Cadwell, I hope.
Mainland: dunno to be honest.
NZ and Australia would be nice, if I ever find the time.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1798829)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch for A1, BTCC
Silverstone for the F1
Donington for WSR.
Maybe Rockingham too
Old 24 Dec 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1798932)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should add - want to get to Snett and Oulton too from the English side as they're the two circuits in this country I still haven't yet been to.
Old 25 Dec 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1799041)   #7
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Knockhill BTCC,
Spa; either F1, 24hrs or HSCC,
Hopefully Le Mans as well.

Merry Chrimbo everybody
Old 25 Dec 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1799082)   #8
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really want to get to Oulton and Snetterton for F3/GT or BTICC. I try and do a new circuit each year, Le Mans is still a possibility too. Oh and of course this year will be my first complete season marshalling so I hope to do lots of that too. Roll on 2007...
Old 27 Dec 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1800018)   #9
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans, Spa 24 and most of the sportscar-related events in the UK. I did want to go to Cadwell more but 750MC there clashes with FIA GT at Silverstone. I also wish to visit Brands Hatch for the first time, I'll probably do that for the Int. GT Open in September. I want to see some Britcar action in '07 as well. Very much a sportscar theme for me, but nothing else appeals to me at the min, really!
Old 28 Dec 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1800730)   #10
sunny.traveller
Racer

sunny.traveller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, now I'm marshalling I'm looking forward to seeing some circuits from "the other side". Hopefully including Oulton Park and Castle Combe. Also want to start the savings plan for a trip to New Zealand - you can see Pukekohe Raceway from my sister's house!
Old 28 Dec 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1800732)   #11
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im quite looking forward to the Masters Series meeting at Brands in 2007, should be great.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1800747)   #12
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans, Le Mans, Le Mans, Le Mans, Le Mans, Le Mans, Le Mans, Le Mans. Everything else can wait
Old 29 Dec 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1801083)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
loads more world series by renault meetings. best events for spectators this side of the january sales.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1801107)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Don't really do a lot of racing these days, but I do still enjoy going to the bigger meetings.

So, for this year, I hope to do the following:

Feb 18th - Daytona 500 (Nextel Cup)
or March 25th - Bristol Motor Speedway (Nextel Cup)
April 22nd - Grand Prix Of Houston (Champcar/ALMS)
April 29th - Talladega 499 (Nextel Cup)
June 16/17 - Le Mans

That's it for now
Old 29 Dec 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1801123)   #15
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blimey thats a pretty wicked list Craig.

I have to get Knockhill ticked off and a marshalling day at Oulton Park, possibly croft and Pembrey.

Not really one for the international stuff, although wouldn't mind a visit to California for the Legends World Final, however I think that'll have to wait a while...the Euro final is more likely.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 17:48 (Ref:1803817)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well it really depends a lot. I'm getting a free flight to use and it depends on when that comes through as to which race I go to early in the year (needs to be redeemed by 31st March else I'd be going back to Vegas for the Champcar opener!) The Houston and Talladega meetings also depend on someone else getting their arses into gear. Finally booked my ferry tickets for Le Mans so that one looks to be sorted though. Oh and spoke to a friend on the weekend and they fancy a trip to Knockhill so will be keeping a keen eye on the Flybe website for nice cheap flights into Edinburgh...

I really quite fancy doing something at Spa this year too - providing I don't cane the holiday fund too severely early in the year