Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 May 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1916882)   #1
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Aluizio Coelho - Where is he now?

I remember watching this guy in the 1998 Formula Renault series and he was amazing! after that he dissapeard? I did a google on him and all references are up till 1999 when he drove in British F3.

Whats he doing now? anyone know
Old 20 May 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1917243)   #2
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aluizio Coelho's career fizzled out after his season with Promatecme in British F3 where he suffered in comparison to Jenson Button in '99.

I am pretty certain that he hasn't raced since. I seem to remember a 'where are they now' article in Autosport some time ago which said that he was working in the Brazilian Hotel industry, although I could be mistaken on that.
Old 20 May 2007, 14:03 (Ref:1917250)   #3
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did two races in F3 Sudam in 2000, but after that I have no idea.
http://www.driverdb.com/racingdriver405.html
Old 20 May 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1917417)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
Aluizio Coelho's career fizzled out after his season with Promatecme in British F3 where he suffered in comparison to Jenson Button in '99.

I am pretty certain that he hasn't raced since. I seem to remember a 'where are they now' article in Autosport some time ago which said that he was working in the Brazilian Hotel industry, although I could be mistaken on that.
I seem to recall the same.
Old 22 May 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1918641)   #5
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am pretty certain that he hasn't raced since. I seem to remember a 'where are they now' article in Autosport some time ago which said that he was working in the Brazilian Hotel industry, although I could be mistaken on that.[/QUOTE]

He raced in the 2006 Trofeo Maserati series in Brazil
Old 23 May 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1919455)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
'Little Al' was a good guy, really intelligent personable chap with quite a sense of humour.

Yes 1999 knocked the stuffing out of him I think. It wasn't that he wasn't quick (he always had tremendous pace at least over a lap) as was usually always to the fore in testing and in practice sessions but then seemed to struggle to lock into a decent qualy lap? He did seem to be in the shadows of Jenson at the Renault backed team and was already a little bit older than most of his rivals.

He seemed to think that he didn't get a lot of attention in the team, but I think the whole season dented his confidence.

I don't think F3 was that good for him and he may well have excelled in something like FR 3.5 if it had been around then as he was quite an aggressive driver and F3 isn't always a good category for press on drivers!

Would be good iof someone could tempt him into joining Ten Tenths!!
Old 24 May 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1920516)   #7
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah Al was great I remember watching him race Doug Bell in 98 those two were teams mates? but good rivals too... I once met him at Donington and was a polite chap.

Can anyone find him and bring him on to TT?
Old 28 May 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1923247)   #8
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a huge fan of the guy... after all he won the first car race I ever saw

I was gutted when he didn't get another season in British F3 in 2000, I thought he did a great race at Spa in 1999 with which he showed a lot of potential. And the improvement he'd made from the first round at Donington and the later round in September made me think a second season would have been great... I seem to remember there was some more potential at the British GP support, but his car broke before before he could complete a lap - no doubt that dented his confidence too.

And yes, someone bring him back to the UK so he can sign my brazilian flag!! TT is a start Would love to see him race again
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, but I feel that life is measured in achievement, and not in years alone"