Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2007, 06:06 (Ref:1915089)   #1
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will David Coulthard shine at Monaco?

Now that Redbull RB3 is starting to look more promising, what do you think is the chance of seeing another "superman" on the podium at Monaco next week? Or could it be Spiderman?
Old 17 May 2007, 06:23 (Ref:1915092)   #2
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think theyre going to be promoting Oceans 13 this year.

RBR may be closer to the front in Monaco, but if theyre behind some of the other teams for mechanical grip they'll struggle. They were late testing the RB3 and didnt have an interim car, which has led to them not getting the best out of the tyres although they may have caught up by now.

DC will need to get his qualy right if he wants to put in a good performance though, something Webber wont have as much trouble with.
Old 17 May 2007, 07:30 (Ref:1915127)   #3
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC was 4th fastest in testing at Paul Ricard's "High Tech Test Track" (whatever that means), which apparently is being used for Monaco simulation work.

Now, as we all know testing isn't reliable when it comes to making predictions, but at least he's closer to the top of the time sheets.

Based on some just-woken-up handwaving and conjecture, I reckon we'll see a Hamilton/DC/Sutil/Davidson/Sato box of tricks during qually, traffic permitting!
Old 17 May 2007, 07:31 (Ref:1915128)   #4
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red bull could be the suprise package at Monaco but realistically they'll be struggling for the crumbs (lower points).
Old 17 May 2007, 07:32 (Ref:1915129)   #5
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wonder if they will be giving away diamonds again
Old 17 May 2007, 07:39 (Ref:1915134)   #6
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets not forget Webber either. I think both Red Bull's will be quick at Monaco, but unfortunetly I'm not very confident about their cars lasting the distance.
Old 17 May 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1915150)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thinking webber will go top 5 qualifying - think coulthard will be doing well if he qualifies top 10...

saying that, if they both get to the finish they should score points. Un!
Old 17 May 2007, 08:08 (Ref:1915163)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RBR have done well here in the past as have both driver's but i think MW will have a slight edge over DC with his quali and if the cars make it these 2 should be in the points.

i think if DC learn't abit about quali from MW and MW learn't abit about battling and passing in the race these 2 would be awsome, who said you can't teach an old dog newtricks.
Old 17 May 2007, 09:07 (Ref:1915199)   #9
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MW is a gun around Monaco... he proves it every year... I expect that Webber will do better then DC
Old 17 May 2007, 09:31 (Ref:1915220)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
RBR's performance will largely depend on qualifying and attrition rates of the care ahead of them. given a high attrition rate, there should be some solid points on offer here.
Old 17 May 2007, 09:51 (Ref:1915229)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't wait... This is slightly ahead of Monaco 2005 in terms of Webber's chance of acheiving a podium!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 May 2007, 10:07 (Ref:1915238)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DC got a podium last time around and had a top ten in qualifying. He was on for a poduim in 2005 as well had Schumi not collided with him. He had a top ten in qualifying last time around. He's won the race twice and is one of the best at Monaco of the current drivers. He will score very well and might even get a podium.

Mark Webber is also very proficent around Monte Carlo, two top three qualifying runs in the past two years and what should have been two podiums, if not for his engine failure last year.

Mark is a better qualifier than a racer, and the opposate can be said of DC. Webber will probably qualify ahead of DC but I wouldn't be suprised if DC finished ahead of him at the end. All in all, it's looking like it could be a good race for RBR, if he car goes the distance.

A tad off topic, but is there any further speculation/rumors about the movie sponsorship then? Ocean's 13 sounds like the best bet (no pun intended) since it'll fit in with the whole glamour of Monaco and Ocean's 12 was a sponsor in 2004, but there are pleanrt of other big movies coming out this summer including Transformers, Spider Man 3, Rush Hour 3, Die Hard 4 and pleanty of others.
Old 17 May 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1915297)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber for a podium (well certainly to beat DC). Some of you guys seem to think Webber's bad luck with reliability somehow equates to being a lesser racer than DC. Huh?
Old 17 May 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1915324)   #14
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I can't wait... This is slightly ahead of Monaco 2005 in terms of Webber's chance of acheiving a podium!
Predictions like that are hard to make, you really cant decide until qualy is over. 2005, both McLarens, Renaults and maybe even the Ferrari's and Toyota's shouldve been ahead of the Williams. 2006 again the Ferraris, McLarens and Renaults shouldve been ahead, but both years Webber got a top 3 qualy spot. People can harp on all they like that the driver can make the difference, but remember Williams were reknowned for their great mechanical grip. The RB3 may not have such qualities, which is one of the things you DO need to succeed in Monaco.
Old 17 May 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1915381)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As people have said, both RBR drivers are very good at Monaco, but the lack of mechanical grip means that being the 4th strongest team is unlikely. However, if they can get a car or 2 to the finish, points should be on the cards.
Old 17 May 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1915473)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know if DC will shine necessarily, but he will be there or thereabouts at the end (reliability permitting).

Webber will also drive a fine race, as this is his yearly "race-weekend-I-decide-to-turn-up-to".

But I mentioned reliability just then, I wonder how RBR's new seamless shifter will stand up to the Monaco duty cycle? It struggled in Spain...
Old 17 May 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1915497)   #17
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes David will have a great race at Monaco! MW will be ok, maybe not on the podium but certainly in the points. I reckon DC will be on the podium again, maybe the win?

Massa will take out Alonso and Lewis in 1 swoop, Kimi will break-down and the BMWs will come to blows so David will come through and win!

Remember no one expected Panis to win in 1996, did they? Don't bet against the Red Bulls, thats all I am saying!
Old 17 May 2007, 18:17 (Ref:1915499)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the car continues to improve between now and the time of the Grand Prix, I think they'll be behind the BMW's but ahead of most of the others.

DC and Webber are both good around the Monaco circuit so RBR could be in for some points.
Old 17 May 2007, 18:24 (Ref:1915506)   #19
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both RBR and their predecessors Jaguar and Stewart have done well at Monaco, so if they stay out of trouble, they should be able to score. How high they will score, depends on the attrition amongst the likes of Ferrari, McLaren and BMW.
Old 17 May 2007, 23:59 (Ref:1915719)   #20
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
But I mentioned reliability just then, I wonder how RBR's new seamless shifter will stand up to the Monaco duty cycle? It struggled in Spain...
this is the big question for me.

I think the less-than-smooth surface of monaco may just cause a few gremlins on an unproven box.

sadly i think both drivers will show promise to varying degrees and at varying stages of the weekend, but i'd be surprised if either of them finish.
Old 18 May 2007, 01:10 (Ref:1915730)   #21
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its Monacco...who knwos what will happen. Only that anything can happen.

I would hope Webber and DC can both qualify well and have a good showing. I would rather a good showign building momentum to the rest of the year then a flash in the pan show of pace and luck to fluke a podium.

LOL...both would be nice
Old 19 May 2007, 02:51 (Ref:1916460)   #22
Mandiblard
Rookie

Mandiblard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick
Both RBR and their predecessors Jaguar and Stewart have done well at Monaco, so if they stay out of trouble, they should be able to score. How high they will score, depends on the attrition amongst the likes of Ferrari, McLaren and BMW.
The new car is radically different though, and it's very hard to say if it'll be competitive there, it always is top of the speed trap so i'm guessing with that strength taken away in Monaco they could struggle a bit. Both drivers will be quick enough here, no question. However i'm predicting a double retirement. There's no WAY that car is going to last the Monaco distance.
Old 19 May 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1916589)   #23
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Monaco though is 40km shorter race distance remember
Old 21 May 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1917838)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True, but I think it probably has more retirements than the average. It can be a relatively hard on the car. The transimssions have to take more in a lap of Monaco - it is constant gear changes. And the new 'box might be still be a weak point for the Red Bull.
Old 21 May 2007, 11:08 (Ref:1917870)   #25
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, and the track isn't all that smooth, what with it being used by cars all year round, so some mechanical components take more of a battering than normal.