Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Jul 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1962790)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hibernia International Raceway

Hibernia IR is sited on Irelands West coast in County Galway, and is named from the Roman name for the island of Ireland.

The circuit runs Clockwise and measures 3.75 miles or 6km.

From the startline, the ground is level through T1 a double apex left hander, before a slight climb through what are known as the Inner Esses, that is T2 and T3.
The Ground levels on approach to the 90 degree right hander of T4, maintaining that elevation through the slightly strange, open double apex right hander of T5.
This exits onto a short straight that kinks at T6 onto a longer straight towards the next sequence.
Turns 7,8 and 9 form the Outer Esses with the exit of T9 marking the begining of a downhill straight into the start of the Stadium section of the circuit.
Turn 10 is a dead stop hairin right, that opens out through a flick (T11) into T12, an open right hander, that tightens very slightly on exit into a short straight.T13 is a double apex left hander, similar to turn 1 only this opens out into a short straight.
Turn 14 is perhaps the signature corner of Hibernia, a right hander of more than 180 degrees, that starts off tight but opens out on a positive camber exiting the stadium section onto a long straight that climbs gently up hill.
The Hill crests to level ground at the apex of the right flick of T15, making it slightly blind on approach.
T16 and T17 are a pair of right handers, prime overtaking (last chance on the lap) into the 90 degree T16 and then the more open T17. In qualifying or when not defending a position, this combination could be taken as a single sweep, but there is only one line to do this.
T18 is the final corner, a fast sweep back onto the start and finish straight.

Comments, criticisms and edits welcom as always
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled-5 copy.jpg  
Old 14 Jul 2007, 09:43 (Ref:1962948)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooooh, nice one mate.

Great mix of corners, really varied too.
I love the outer esses in the lower left hand corner, along with the final few corners.

But maybe the first section might be a bit too tight at race starts etc?

Still, well done matey