Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Jul 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1958673)   #1
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marshalling standards at the GP

I would just like to say that, having done nothing all weekend but sit in a Rescue Unit spectating, the Marshalling that I saw was absolutely first class. Well organised, decisive and safe, all those who were trackside should be rightly proud of their performance, they were a credit to the sport!

Well done all!!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1958716)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a TV viewer, there wasn't much to see of our friends "In Action" except for the guys on the pit straight, moving FM off the grid.
All looked very good to me.

I saw more of the Marshals in Saturday's GP2 race and again, excellent Marshalling!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1958763)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry to say I thought the standards were not up to scratch, 3 seperate Incidents at Copse when no-one took a bottle!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1958798)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Wine or beer?
Old 9 Jul 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1958804)   #5
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fruit juice of course, they were on duty
Old 9 Jul 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1958813)   #6
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More seriously, hence the separate post. The team I was priviledged to work with at Chapel were brilliant and went about the small amount of business they had in a true professional manner and they did us proud. I won't mention names in case I leave someone out but you know who you are, so pat yourselves on the back. Well done!!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1958851)   #7
Jacko
Rookie

England
Frimley, Surrey
Jacko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Stephen Whine or beer!!!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 17:21 (Ref:1958856)   #8
Red Baron
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
Red Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll mention names, well specific incidents, as I want to heap praise on the guys involved.....

I was on rescue at Brooklands and, as is alwasy the case when I am at Silverstone, I was super impressed with the marshalling.

When Glock spun during the second GP2 race the guys from Priory cleared it very quickly but were then 'stuck' on the inside of the circuit. They, quite rightly, disappeared to the safety of posts on the inside and so the IO from Brooklands (Andy) sent a couple of guys up to assist at Priory incase they had any more customers.

It all sounds very simple but it was so slick and very professional.

Well done all !!!

Rosie
Old 9 Jul 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1958889)   #9
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I had the duffers at Copse then
Old 9 Jul 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1958890)   #10
mc1arke
Rookie

Scotland
Edinburgh
mc1arke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
I'm sorry to say I thought the standards were not up to scratch, 3 seperate Incidents at Copse when no-one took a bottle!
I was on copse outside and personally took the bottles to our incidents on Friday and Saturday, and was followed out by a marshal with an extinguisher at our incident on Sunday.

I though all the marshalling I could see was excellent - although there was a bit of rough handling while trying to user one GP2 driver away from his car. Well done to everyone at the Grand Prix!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 18:30 (Ref:1958901)   #11
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And did you say anything to them after the second time????
Surely that would be the best thing to do rather than wait till after, I always mention bottles If I'm IO on post
Old 9 Jul 2007, 19:12 (Ref:1958947)   #12
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I mentioned on another thread, my crew at Pedestrian Bridge worked well all weekend, including shifting Massa's car from the grid.
Old 9 Jul 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1958964)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I really hope you forgot the smilie there?
Old 9 Jul 2007, 19:48 (Ref:1958991)   #14
emma74
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
emma74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry but i take offence at this. I was with Mc1arke and we took a bottle to all our incidents (The spyker on friday, the GP2 cars on saturday - as the Fat Clerk may remember as one of us injured ourselves with it, and the historic car on sunday - admittedly because i'm so short you probably didn't see me with the bottle in front of the tyre barrier). Anyway i don't think this forum is the right place for your comments. If you had issues with us you should have spoken to us at the time.
Anyway, otherwise i had a great weekend working with a great team.
Old 9 Jul 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1959004)   #15
mc1arke
Rookie

Scotland
Edinburgh
mc1arke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma74
one of us injured ourselves with it

Fortunately nothing has appeared on youtube to show that 'accident' yet .

Well done to everyone on our post for making it such a great weekend (loved the Lewis Hamilton cut-out)
Old 9 Jul 2007, 20:13 (Ref:1959016)   #16
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Quote:
Sorry Dave but I think possibly you're maybe being a bit harsh and judgemental there?
Old 9 Jul 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1959022)   #17
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did you speak to them or to their I/O about this at the time?

Better then than now.
Old 9 Jul 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1959032)   #18
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
The team I was priviledged to work with at Chapel were brilliant and went about the small amount of business they had in a true professional manner and they did us proud.
I'd just like to echo this sentiment and thank the team at Chapel inside for their help and company this weekend. I couldn't have asked for better in terms of dealing with the incidents we had on Friday. Just a special mention for Matt from JCB who'd never snatched at a motor sport event before and handled all three like a complete veteran - especially the fend off when we went to retrieve Mr Senna's beached GP2.

And I'm sorry Allan - but I had to include this quote from you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanh
Chapel inside for me, does anything ever happen there?
Old 9 Jul 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1959046)   #19
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a deck wing broken on the Red bull of Coulthard on friday by a JCB at priory
Old 9 Jul 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1959065)   #20
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Fat Clerk had too many bottles the night before? Or from the comments try "SPECSAVERS"
Old 9 Jul 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1959066)   #21
dclarke
Rookie

Scotland
Edinburgh
dclarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In response to the fat Clerk:

I disagree with your previous comments and hope this is not what you meant:
First of all, we are all volunteers and some of us have had over 6 hours to travel to get to Silverstone.
Secondly, all 3 incidents had at least one fire extinguisher taken to them. Michael took the bottle to the Spyker on the Friday and the GP2 car on the Saturday (if you remember Michael had a slight accident when he slipped on the gravel with the bottle) and Emma took the bottle to the historic car on Sunday.
I am extremely disappointed about you commentating about this now in the public domain after you congratulated us in person on the Sunday during the last race.
I hope you apologise to the people you have disheartened who were marshalling at Copse as I had a great weekend and it was a pleasure working in the team.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 07:45 (Ref:1959327)   #22
allanh
Racer

allanh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
O K Neil I can confirm most definately that things do happen at Chapel. It was a great weekend, all the incidents went to plan, a very good crew to work with. I hope to work with you again at some time.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 08:28 (Ref:1959381)   #23
RobertNickson
Rookie

RobertNickson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In response to the comment earlier by the Fat Clerk. I have never marshalled the Grand Prix for my own reasons, but have been a regular marshal at other cirscuits for the past six years, so I feel I can comment.
I am very disheartened that someone feels the need to pass uncomplementary comments about his team on a public forum. I think if there is a potential problem with a team then a quiet word at the time will soon rectify any issues. To comment in such a derogatory way on this forum is disrespectful and completely unnessesary. I trust personnal apologies to those involved have been dispatched?
Old 10 Jul 2007, 08:33 (Ref:1959385)   #24
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
What the heck is the Fat Clerk on? FC you have stepped waaay over the line....

The Clarke boys are some of the best young uns I've come across in years.

Sorry lads if I've embarassed you, but I'll make up for it next time our paths cross.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 08:49 (Ref:1959406)   #25
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GP2 race the guys from Priory cleared it very quickly but were then 'stuck' on the inside of the circuit.
Ok We were Luffield in and very surprised at this move and so was race control ( crossing a live circuit) and its a blind corner from bridge.
Other than this incident all the guys deserve a pat on the back for a good weekend even the mud would not have put me off...