Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Did Ferrari cheat and use team orders?
Yes 198 88.39%
No 26 11.61%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2732188)   #1
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari Are At It Again

I refuse to watch the end of the race if team orders are going to dictate a race winner.

I was really looking forward to watching Alonso have a go at Massa, until Ferrari management got involved.

Their first race this year heading towards a 1-2. Massa was doing everything right. Alonso was quicker, and it is Alonso's multi million pound paid job to drive a racing car and overtake, not Massa's team orders to get out of the way.

Shame on them.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2732196)   #2
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.!!!!!!
I thought we were done with all this when Shumi first retired and they changed the rules to say "NO TEAM ORDERS"

.................................. obviously not
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2732198)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The right call IMO.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2732203)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
If Alonso is faster, then let him get past. There are rules against this IIRC.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2732207)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari did it so unsubtly that I can see them getting a penalty.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2732220)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari can go **** themselves,
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2732221)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope Danny Sullivan just reverses the positions after the race, letting Massa take all the points. That would be lesson enough.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2732236)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Lets hope Danny Sullivan just reverses the positions after the race, letting Massa take all the points. That would be lesson enough.
Does Danny Sullivan run Ferrari? Why should he decide how they race. I don't get it.

The only way to truly stop this is by getting rid of the championship. I kind of like this idea - individual Grand Prix should be more important. However we have the championships that is why we have things like Collins and Fangio.

Last edited by Adam43; 25 Jul 2010 at 13:45.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2732249)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Does Danny Sullivan run Ferrari? Why should he decide how they race. I don't get it.
He's the guest steward.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2732256)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He's the guest steward.
I know.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2732259)   #11
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that did not take long for a thread to come out after that happen and i wonder how long will this take!
Old 25 Jul 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2732888)   #12
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep sadly Ferrari is instilled with this depressing culture, and it appears Alonso has taken over from where Schumacher left off. I really don't like the guy. It was like Hungary '07, where he stayed in the pits to stop Hamilton from having a final go at pole ,and then flattly denied he did anything wrong and that the team told him to stay. What crap. The guy is absolutely full of it. He actually sat there and just spilled the biggest pile of #@^% I have heard, we all know he is lying, we know that Massa was told to let him through, clearly in breach of the rules.
I hope Massa bangs it on pole next time out and beats him, and doesn't move over.

Ferrari
International
Assistance?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 02:29 (Ref:2733033)   #13
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly. I don't think there can be any debate. If the FIA don't do anything I'm going to have to change my signature.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2733151)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, they broke the rules. No, they didn't cheat.

Team orders are a part of F1, they have been since day 1. Live with it.

Remember Monza, 1979? Gilles followed Jody round for lap, after lap. He could have passed, and won the title. He didn't. He was an honourable man, following his team leader, who DID win the title.

Plus ca change, people!
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2732245)   #15
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ya, that was pretty lame. Especially in the way they did it; with obvious radio calls. I especially liked the Alonso radio at the end of the race, "what happened to Massa in the end did he miss a gear or something?" FIA should check the data at the end to see what happened.

There is a cheeky way of doing things and then there are the Italians. Like the world cup with their obvious dives.

At the end of the day, did any of you guys think Ferrari were going to let Massa win and Alonso finish second?
Old 25 Jul 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2732794)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'd like to see that. It really would be one in the eye for Ferrari.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2732230)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Stop watching. Unless you do that then they will never learn.

They were magnanimous. Smedley will explain that later...
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2732244)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So basically if Massa and Alonso are running together, Massa is not allowed to finish ahead. Massa should **** this team and leave.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2732251)   #19
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Is anyone really surprised that the team that constantly thinks it is bigger than F1 would put break the rules like that again?
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2732255)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
So how many TV sets have been broken?
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2732257)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In normal conditions, Alonso would have to fight for the position as he tried and couldn't, that makes this even more a farce. I hope Ferrari gets punished and lose all points from this race and 10 positions in the next race for both drivers.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2732258)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
My, Christian Horner's got some front hasn't he?
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2732262)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Horner giving lectures on team orders.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2732272)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

What chances a penalty for Ferrari?
Old 25 Jul 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2732282)   #25
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
What chances a penalty for Ferrari?
They should get a penalty ... but remember kovi and lewis in 2008 ... similar situation although the pass was not for 1/2 position at the time this may make a difference ... not sure ... did kovi get an 'order' or was he just told that lewis was closing in ? ... they didnt get a pen did they ... discuss