Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 May 2001, 15:23 (Ref:92828)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clio V6 at Monaco GP/ RickP for hire!

Hiya all,
Due to some astonishing French organisation, I have been invited to Monaco as a reserve...

Whether I will be allowed to stay if 30 other cars show up remains to be seen, but if they don't and I wasn't there, I would be gutted.

So consequently, I will probably be bumming around Monaco for a week from next Tuesday... (tough life I hear the groans...)

If anyone is organising hospitality for guests during the race week and wants a driver to speak/entertain guests I am happy to volunteer my services. I think you'll find the rates are very reasonable (will talk for food/beer/etc)and when I've done it previously for West Surrey Racing I got a great response.

Also, if any of the 10-tenths mob fancy a beer and are in the Principality, I am looking for a sidekick to try and scam a few great parties!

Old 16 May 2001, 17:33 (Ref:93288)   #2
jonboyG
Racer

jonboyG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'll be out there from next tuesday as well - fancy a beer?
Old 17 May 2001, 06:52 (Ref:93499)   #3
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abosolutely, I'll PM you my mobile number, give me a call when you get bored or wander over to the Renault encampment, we are by the heliport apparently.
Cheers
RickP
Old 17 May 2001, 15:49 (Ref:93621)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
blimey. bad luck, rick. have a nice time
for a day trip, i suggest jumping on the train (utter peanuts), and bombing on down to cannes for a day. plenty of good beaches and nice restaurants to be seen and conquered
Old 18 May 2001, 17:44 (Ref:94064)   #5
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Press Release

For immediate release

May 18, 2001

PEARSON IN LINE FOR MONACO RACE

Renault Clio V6 racer, Rick Pearson may contest the Monaco Grand Prix support race next weekend after being called up as second reserve for round two of the European Clio Trophy.

“I narrowly missed out on an automatic entry when pre-qualifying took place at Monza in March,” he said, “so I’m delighted to have been given this chance, not least because it means I am the only Briton short listed for the event. Because it’s only turned into a racetrack twice a year- once for the Grand Prix and sometimes for the Monte Carlo Rally- only a small number of drivers ever get to race around the streets of the principality. I’m honoured to think that I may be one of the few who get to experience it firsthand.”

Although the final entry list has yet to be announced, Pearson and his Mark Fish Motorsport team will spend the week in Monaco preparing to race. “After pre-season testing and round one at Monza, we have a good idea of what the Clio V6 is capable of, said Pearson. “It’s very powerful for a small car but the responsive steering and short wheelbase should make for a lot of fun around the tight and twisty streets. The close proximity and unforgiving confines of the circuit will be a great challenge and hopefully, extremely entertaining.”

Team boss, Mark Fish will be returning to Monaco for the first time as a team owner after competing in the principality during his own racing career. “I have many fond memories of Monaco as a driver,“ he commented. “To go back after eleven years, is something that I am definitely looking forward to. It will be especially rewarding for me to be there with my own team and with Rick, as I know that this was his ultimate goal.“

The final list of entries for round two of the Renaultsport Clio Trophy will be announced on Wednesday, May 16. Updates will be available throughout the week at www.cliosport.com.

Rick Pearson will be racing with ActiveShop.com, Freeparking.co.uk and Mintex.

<Ends>

Issued by Rebecca Appleton

For more information, please contact: Rebecca Appleton (07929 955235) or Mark Fish Motorsport (01279 431628).

Web: www.cliosport.com
E-mail: press@cliosport.com
Old 24 May 2001, 09:09 (Ref:95859)   #6
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick didn't make Monaco this time - watch out for that V6 nxt yr tho! Press release on Cliosport.com shortly.

Rebecca.